General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

[Fortuna] Stuck in the elevator

n1nwithnokin

So, this basically made the new update unplayable for my friend. We're playing a 3-man group in Fortuna and every time we try to go back down the elevator, one of my friends can't get inside, so we wait the extraction time, he gets teleported in, but as soon as the mission ends, only 2 of us get back inside, while my unfortunate friend stays inside the elevator infinitely, forcing him to lose the rewards to the mission. This has happened to him 2 times in a row already.

Also, it seems that the game is buggy in general. Mission objectives not making sense at times, lag, etc. But the elevator is the main problem that makes Fortuna completely unplayable for our group at the moment.

• Like 1

Just had the same issue. Spent over an hour mining, returned to the elevator, and it won't move. Waited inside for 20 minutes, then went out back into the snow and back in a few times without any luck. Was forced to leave and lose everything.

I have this same problem. Only on my laptop though.  Which is an MSI Stealth Pro with an Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070.  I wouldn't think it would be a graphical issue though.  Possibly network.  However, it's only Fortuna.  I don't have the problem going in or out of Cetus.  If I jump in the elevator to either leave or enter Fortuna, I see the little icon in the lower left doing it's spinny thing, and I wait for up to 5 minutes before the door opens.

• 4 weeks later...

I am having this issue too. Please fix or at least allow us to keep rewards if we use the leave option. The only time players shouldn't keep their rewards is if they lost all their lives. Completing something half way isn't a fair reason to All-or-Nothing the rewards/resources. I'm cheated out of 2 Crisma toroids.

The game really need to be change to save the rewards sooner. Don't start un-loading and loading first, then finally save the rewards, because something can go wrong while trying to load, losing rewards if the game crash or locks up.

As a host, game is waiting for other players to finish loading. The game will not save anything until all other players finished loading or have left session with leave squad.

The hosting player might lose rewards for having 5 deaths, because other players left the session faster without saving anything to hosting player. Too late to save any rewards for hosting player. This won't be a problem if the rewards was saved earlier while having all players visible in the session.

Game can crash. Some rewards and anything after completed a bounty step is lost. If the game saved rewards first, then start loading new area, all rewards would have been saved.

Just bought boosters with plat so I proceded to go and spend a decent amount of time grinding fishing and mining in the Vallis... Tried to return back to Fortuna to get stuck in the elevator. All I got so far for spending time and money is time and resources wasted, plus an extra 20 mins of mind numbing boredom waiting in the elevator to eventually have to Alt F4. This is unacceptable.