Returing Player...

LexyInvincible

Question

I have over 1,000 hours in Warframe, but stopped playing for a very long time. I'm talking 3 or 4 years ago. The last I really played was when Kubrows came out, Update 14. I came back very briefly and played minimally. I'm trying to get back into it and am just super lost. Last I played, Boltor Prime was hands down the best weapon. What're some of the best primary, secondary, and melee weapons now? I heard they removed the keys? So there's no survival or anything like that anymore, which is how you used to farm drops. How is it done now? Wut do halp.......

9 answers to this question

Ok, well I can't summarize everything but here are a few things.

When Void keys were removed, things called Relics replaced them. You need a new Orbitor segment to use them, that's rewarded by completing the mars junction found on Earth. As for Junctions, they are these little things added to aid new players by telling them where to go. Once you get the segment you should already have some relics because all your void keys got converted. Now in order to farm the drops from said relics you need to do fissure missions which are found everywhere and act kind of like alerts (only up on a node for a limeted time). They are just regular missions, with the additions of enemies becoming corrupted. Corrupted enemies drop reactant, get 10 to crack your relic, then get to extraction (if you have other players in your squad with cracked relics, you can choose whatever they got instead).

1 minute ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Ok, well I can't summarize everything but here are a few things.

When Void keys were removed, things called Relics replaced them. You need a new Orbitor segment to use them, that's rewarded by completing the mars junction found on Earth. As for Junctions, they are these little things added to aid new players by telling them where to go. Once you get the segment you should already have some relics because all your void keys got converted. Now in order to farm the drops from said relics you need to do fissure missions which are found everywhere and act kind of like alerts (only up on a node for a limeted time). They are just regular missions, with the additions of enemies becoming corrupted. Corrupted enemies drop reactant, get 10 to crack your relic, then get to extraction (if you have other players in your squad with cracked relics, you can choose whatever they got instead).

You're a legend, thanks dude ♥

21 minutes ago, LexyInvincible said:

You're a legend, thanks dude ♥

Oh, by the way. Endless (survival, defence, interception, excavations and defection [oh and defection is a new mode, don't worry much about it]) fissure missions are a little diffrent. Instead of at extraction, you open your relics at every rotation (5 minutes in survival, 2 excavators in excavation, ect.). After every rotation, you get a small boost, of which I don't renember the order but there is a recource, credits and affinity type. Those boosters only last for the duration of the mission, are small and scale the further you go. after I think 5 rotations, you get an Exeptional grade relic.

Speaking of, Relics can be upgraded with void traces, which is a recource you get from opening relics. Wana farm it? My tip is do Excavation missions for that, just be careful not to run too many excavators at the same time. If you accidently do, don't give it any power cells untill you have enough reactant. As for the upgrades, tiers (from low to high) are: Intact, Exeptional, Flawless and Radiant. Intacts are the base, unrefined relics. Upgrading one to Exeptional takes 25 void traces; Flawless - 50 and Radiant - 100. You can raise the max amount of traces you can store by raising your Mastery Rank.

Also, not too long ago, DE did a balance check on all the weapons in warframe except for melee. And with that update, they rebalanced MR requirements too, so you should raise your MR regardless, if you want to have more weapon options. You are in the clear once you get to MR 15.

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

Since you have all the advice you need already, i'd like just to encourage you a bit. Its fine to be confused, it will pass quickly. I myself quit warframe around the time of Equinox release and returned 2 years after. So i know how it feels - very, very overwhelming, but you'll get used to everything new and it will happen faster than you think.

It is magic of Warframe, so to speak, - massive game, but relatively easy to learn.

Edited by Sormaran

36 minutes ago, Sormaran said:

Since you have all the advice you need already, i'd like just to encourage you a bit. Its fine to be confused, it will pass quickly. I myself quit warframe around the time of Equinox release and returned 2 years after. So i know how it feels - very, very overwhelming, but you'll get used to everything new and it will happen faster than you think.

It is magic of Warframe, so to speak, - massive game, but relatively easy to learn.

you're so sweet :') ❤️