Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Garuda Analysis

Mr.Holyroller

I know there's probably thousands of posts about Garuda, but here's my analysis of her after messing around with her a decent amount.

1. Dread Mirror - I think this is a pretty cool concept, especially for a 1 ability. I have no issues with this ability. Obviously, the damage feels mediocre vs heavily armored targets unless you store up a lot, but for a 1 ability, I think it's better than most in the game.

2. Blood Altar - I like that you can stack multiple altars, but I think this ability still needs some work. Perhaps being next to it gives you a 5 second buff where you still get the regen, or maybe even giving it a health bar that takes damage for you if you're within the altar range when taking damage that would normally cause you to faint or expire when you take damage that would case you to faint and giving you a decent amount of health (lets just say 30%) back.

3. Bloodletting (I'm also going to address the passive here) - Pretty cool considering you basically get infinite energy and it helps utilize the bonus damage for the passive, but Garuda has no straight damage mitigation which means it can be difficult to rely on just her frontal shield from Dread Mirror and healing from Blood Altar to be tanky. She has a decent armor stat, but while testing her out, I felt heavily reliant on using mods like Quick Thinking and Gladiator Finesse to really get the money's worth out of her passive and this ability.

4. Seeking Talons - The description on this is really poor. I initially thought this was garbage, but you gain damage as a bleed proc to marked enemies. Use your charged 1 ability afterwards and it becomes a powerful skill.

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Edited by Mr.Holyroller

I agree with your feeling on the 4. It's currently incredibly powerful, but the description doesn't do it justice. It should specify the next attack dealing the proc so people can think about needing to deal a high dmg strike to deal higher proc dmg. I would like casting the 2 to give some sort of invulnerability period so you can rush into the fray and know you won't get slaughtered before you regen. Either her 2 or 3 needs to provide some dmg resistance to make her less squishy from behind. I don't mind the concept of keeping enemies in front of you; it forces you to play her differently. You're just a bit too vulnerable from behind.

19 hours ago, BaconPinata said:

I agree with your feeling on the 4. It's currently incredibly powerful, but the description doesn't do it justice. It should specify the next attack dealing the proc so people can think about needing to deal a high dmg strike to deal higher proc dmg. I would like casting the 2 to give some sort of invulnerability period so you can rush into the fray and know you won't get slaughtered before you regen. Either her 2 or 3 needs to provide some dmg resistance to make her less squishy from behind. I don't mind the concept of keeping enemies in front of you; it forces you to play her differently. You're just a bit too vulnerable from behind.

Honestly, I think her 2 should give a circular mirror like Gara's Mass Vitrify(4) whenever you use it when you have Dread Mirror up from her 1. It will at least give some sort of defense so that you're aren't being piled down by gun fire from all sides. But people might not like it because they hate it when a frame can do multiple things.