Mag 9.8: Feedback Thread

[DE]Megan

discoooo

nah give back 360degrees

lower the dmg

keep the spam.

or revert to pre-patch

cause then it was useful against any level. now it sucks past 40

espec with ragdoll giving immunity to mobs during their rag'd state.

first pull lvl 100 mobs + 2 ogris shots = wipeout of room.

(65m pull)

discoooo

nah give back 360degrees

lower the dmg

keep the spam.

or revert to pre-patch

cause then it was useful against any level. now it sucks past 40

espec with ragdoll giving immunity to mobs during their rag'd state.

first pull lvl 100 mobs + 2 ogris shots = wipeout of room.

(65m pull)

High five, I agree with you. Except that pull was never really 360 degrees. It just created an additional small AOE around mag that can pull enemies close to mag's behind. 

I hate the ragdoll and random effect on enemies, as enemies don't pile up anymore. I have used a similar method to yours. except I use supra with puncture instead as its safer and bullets can bounce upwards to hit ospreys. CC means being able to control enemies, not fling them in random directions. Furthermore, since I can't bundle up enemies, its harder to train my weapons.

Shield polarize can do high dmg at the right moments though, even at t3 it does well due to the plentiful ospreys.

as much as i enjoy pulling afk players out of their hiding spots, i'm not sure we should return that functionality especially since vortex stopped being so annoying

i think mag needs some alternate abilities though, the mechanics of the three non-pull abilities are largely pointless

High five, I agree with you. Except that pull was never really 360 degrees. It just created an additional small AOE around mag that can pull enemies close to mag's behind. 

I hate the ragdoll and random effect on enemies, as enemies don't pile up anymore. I have used a similar method to yours. except I use supra with puncture instead as its safer and bullets can bounce upwards to hit ospreys. CC means being able to control enemies, not fling them in random directions. Furthermore, since I can't bundle up enemies, its harder to train my weapons.

Shield polarize can do high dmg at the right moments though, even at t3 it does well due to the plentiful ospreys.

it pretty much acted like 360 (from all directions mobs got pulled)

oh yeah i used flux with puncture also most of the time in normal missions, def missions ogris.

I have found Mag's pull no long puts the people whom you are trying to pull in a pile around you but will just throw them all over the place is a mess in about a 20 meter radius form you.

I don't find this a pull but just an enemy ragdoll power.

All that I find this doing is making a mess and making it impossible to tell what has been killed.

I was thinking, perhaps shield polarize should be less situational and more useful then its current state for grineer and infested factions.

This can be done by having the radial blast not only around enemies, but also around allies. 

Let's say your allies are in danger after being clobbered by a horde of ancients around the cryopod. Use shield polarize and not only are their shields returned, up the blast around them would knock down the surrounding ancients so that your allies can get up and get going. Mag could be a medic if shield polarize works in this way.

If DE does not want the mentioned way, could they consider giving shield polarize a 5s immunity cast for allies, like trinity's blessing? This would make the ally healing factor more practical in many situations.

For bullet attractor, I would like a swirl of bullets in the magnetic field. The more bullets you pump in, the more DoT dmg the enemies inside receive. It would win Nova's antimatter in the aspect that it takes a shorter time to execute, protects teammates and is more obvious to teammates what mag is planning to do. It would lose in the aspect that the damage is lower and it's duration limited by the target's death.

Crush could either be an AoE which follows Mag wherever she goes. dealing DoT and suspensing surrounding enemies.

or it could create multiple vortexes around Mag, and "crush" enemies into each other. This would make more sense if crush were to never get armour ignore. Allies can then make use of these fallen bundles of enemies to perform their combos.

Pull - I absolutely LOVE the new pull. Mag was my starter way back when, and I rarely used pull because one target wasn't terribly helpful. Now that pull ragdolls and deals damage, I'm not having to launch myself out of the way because the mob literally used to pile on top of you and you'd have to climb out. I would like for pull to reliably pull to me a little more (I've had things go flying into the air for no reason) but other than that, I'm pleased.

Shield polarize - hey, this is at least somewhat useful now! I mean, to anything that's shield-less I'm not going to use it, but I suppose I can't have everything.

Bullet attractor - I have no complaints after testing it against Hyena for an hour this morning. (But seriously, the lack of Loki bps....)

Crush - useless now that pull does what I need (stuns and deals damage) for soooo much cheaper. 1000 damage isn't enough on armored units unless a Nova was nice enough to MPrime right before I crushed.

The new sound effects for all Mag's abilities are AWESOME. Getting a little WUBWUB up in there. Just please fix Crush or when Armor 2.0 comes out, LET CRUSH DO MORE DAMAGE. Pretty please?

"Posted Yesterday, 10:27 PM

"I don't know if this is intended but Mag's pull isn't pulling enemies into melee range, they only move a short distance towards her."

This was total nerf for mag. The only good thing with mag was that he was able to pull enemies to melee range often. And now they even nerfed it and gave back stupid aoe spell

problem with mag is that when you go higher level missions then crush does not do damage. The shield polarize is okey but too long cast. It gives you back something like 700 shield so its ok. The bullet atractor is not really use full as mags mana pool you cannot spam it.

And THEN PULL. It used to be good as you could stack enemies for aoes like nova, you could get them close to your melee range, you could get them away from injured friends, you could pull them away in defenses. Pull was the mag basically. But now mag does not exists anymore. All the fun thing what mag used to be is gone.

Edited by jormaakkeli, Yesterday, 10:39 PM."

+1

What are you talking about? Pull works fine now as it actually has decent damage. It still does pull enemies towards Mag. Pulling enemies towards Mag in melee range is actually dangerous in higher level missions so WTH?

Pull works fine ? Are you kidding me ? What the hell are YOU talking about ??? Pull was a great CC skill, nowhere does it say in the skill description it needs to make damage. Now it outright KILLS anything in an almost 180° angle in front of her up to level 35. When this new skill, that can't be called "pull" any more really, doesn't kill, it just sends enemies flying mostly randomly and nearly NEVER in melee range.

FYI the skill description:

"Magnetic force pulls the enemy towards you, stunning them and bringing them into melee range."

Don't take that away from Mag. People like the new nuclear skill ? Great ! Keep it, you can have it. But let those who enjoyed pull keep that skill as well. Just need to find a name for that new skill of hers ... So it might be time for DE to stop throwing skills away and instead ADD warframe skills to give us more personalizing abilities.

Pull is magnificent now, and Mag in general is finally coming into her own. As suggested before, alter Crush so it ignores armour, and we should be more-or-less good. Nice touch giving Bullet Attractor a damage multiplier, by the way.

Edited by Kirbuncle

old (aoe) pull:

get a mag for a high level defense or mobile defense and enjoy not having to rely on vaub or frost (or nyx) - if you do it right and/or the team helps mag. meaning mag has a shade and/or is pulling while moving or behind an obstacle when there are toxics/heavy hitters around and/or a trin uses blessing at the right times and/or a loki makes all the pulled grineer/corpus melee and/or a saryn has the best venom blob ever and/or a nyx uses chaos to make sure the enemy blob stays as a blob... and/or cali/rhino slash in there... and so on and so forth. or just use two mags apart from each other and play reverse tennis. or how about a mag on higher ground making it rain enemies? sounds like teamplay, no?

new pull:

press 1 repeatedly till everything is dead (so once or twice), fun times. the end.

some creativity/engagement in the press x to kill all business, *gasp*, heaven forbid.

Edited by SlyBoots

Sigh... pull got changed. My awesome pull kestrel orgis combo got nerfed...

my "totally based on personal opinion" review of the new mag

Pull

The new one ragdolls them randomly towards you now, they don't stack up perfectly on my feet anymore. I wish that it will be changed to have the old properties back. Pull was great as it was, I dare say it was even OP being able to pull an infinte amount of targets for only 25 energy. Great CC that synergizes well with a huge amount of frames and weapons. Kestrel jump attack was sick in combination with pull, pinning them for servaral seconds to allow a follow up with torid or orgis for the kill. Being able to move hordes of enemies exactly where you want them was great fun. Either pulling them into vaubans bastille or bunch them up for ulti finishes like nova's or rescue mates by pulling the mobs away, that's just some of the stuff you could do with it.

The new one is lame. You can still cc with it but it's not effective like it was before. Targets can now be pulled over some obstacles but you could do that occasionally with the old one if you jumped and pulled mid air. They don't bunch up on your feet now so the options I mentioned above don't work that well anymore. The damage buff is nice, wiki says it's 300 at max which is now a better damage skill than crush. 4 cast for 1200 damage with sick range (wiki says 40 meters at max without mods) which makes crush a frickin joke now (correct me if I'm wrong). Overall ok but nowhere nearly as fun as the old pull. Not to mention that damage doesn't matter rightnow if you go to high level missions. The old pull would to a better job on every occasion for me.

Crush

Crush lolz. With the new pull dmg you can screw this power for good this time. Maybe ok for buying time for a rez or something because of the long cast but still weak. Range sucks (still 12 meters rly!?) and no special property (like armor ignore or 10 sec stun or whatever fancy you name it). You can't even bunch up mobs with the new pull to compensate for the range either.

Shield polarize

would synergize well with the old pull, bunching them up and knock em all down for 75 energy. Might nuke stuff if there is a shield osprey in the bunch? (dunno bout that, haven't actually tried it, assumption based on the wiki). I like the idea on this. It could be buffed to be a new ultimate to get rid of crush (e.g add an effect of overloading the shield to 2-3k or some other amount). The old one was useless since shields wear down in split seconds on higher level missions anyway and just dealing shield damage on mobs is not worth much. I still need to try it out now as I didn't use this yet. Crush can be ditched now for the place needed.

edit: aside from only be effective on corpus (and grineer to some extend), the damage is not that great if there ain't a bunch of them stacking up. The knockdown is somewhat usefull, but if the old pull is back then it's not needed anyways. To buff this to ulti level you would need to increase the AoE damage. I can't judge the range on the AoE but it would need to be bout 20 meters to be fun.

edit2: After trying it some more, it's still pretty weak. Disregard the idea to buff it to be ulti. The damage is not worth mentioning. Knockdown doesn't cc as good as pull. Even a full shield regen would not make this skill worth the 50 energy.

Bullet attractor

was already usefull back then, making solo boss runs even more easy. The new debuff is a good buff (eat the pun).

Wishful thinking

- screw the new pull, get the old one back. If people complain then still change it back but keep the imba dmg for maximum OPness to feed flamers and whiners.

- buff the range or/and dmg on crush or add some unique fancy effect on it. If it still fails get rid of it for something else completely new.

-shield polarize still doesn't cut it. I can't come up with a solution.

Pull was great before. I see that a lot of experience players aggree that the new pull sucks. I want it back. Also dunno why mag got changed but volt wasn't. Mag was versatile and fun enough just with pull and bullet attractor. Dunno why pull got changed, maybe because of clients crashing when people abuse it on defense map. Still need to get used to new sounds. I don't like them much.

tl;dr:

New pull sucks, want old pull back. Crush still crap even after whatever the change on it was. Other buffs ok (buff's always good). Idea to buff shield polarize to ulti level and remove crush for something more inovative.

Edited by Orph

Anyone thinking the new pulls damage is fine are out of their minds, I was with an aoe group and none of them could keep up with my killing just by hitting pull.

Hit Pull do a 180 hit Pull again grats you kill all if not most enemies in 2 rooms down in every direction. Hell I'm using the Beats by Dre helm if I used her range helm could pull(aka kill) most of the map.

I would take pull doing no damage to have the utility that was prepatch.

Mag was not broken before.  I made plenty of use with her in high level def/mdef t3 mdef missions.  Pull's utility was extraordinarily handy for controlling enemies and pulling them into damage fields or away from downed players or pods.  Plus, with ankyros, or various piercing/scatter weapons, you could annihilate tons of enemies at once.  Ground executing 5-8 level 70 mobs in 2-3 executes or sometimes at once?  Lovely.

I think most of the people who said Mag was useless were people who didn't actually play mag.

Bullet Attractor is even better now, same with shield polarize. They weren't broken before, just better now.  Pull is the only skill that was screwed (she doesn't need the damage on that, put it on crush and make crush worthwhile besides just an ability to temporarily stun enemies.) 

I would take pull doing no damage to have the utility that was prepatch.

This right here. At low-mid level, it's a nuke of sorts. At high level, it's... a way to annoy your teammates by throwing enemies around haphazardly. It should be neither of these things.

Pull now is hell OP.
3 Pulls = 75energy cost and 900dmg armor piercing + enemies are knockeddown and pulled to you
Crush = cost 100 energy and 1000 dmg NO armo piercing

Better way is to use 3x pull than one CRUSH.

Pull is hell OP it should be like before that update, and even added limit 5 enemies pulled not more.
Crush is still weak skill.

Pull now is hell OP.

3 Pulls = 75energy cost and 900dmg armor piercing + enemies are knockeddown and pulled to you

Crush = cost 100 energy and 1000 dmg NO armo piercing

Better way is to use 3x pull than one CRUSH.

Pull is hell OP it should be like before that update, and even added limit 5 enemies pulled not more.

Crush is still weak skill.

Pull is not OP. Crush is UP. There's an important distinction here.

This right here. At low-mid level, it's a nuke of sorts. At high level, it's... a way to annoy your teammates by throwing enemies around haphazardly. It should be neither of these things.

Low-mid level, it's an effective 1. I like that. A 1 that remains consistently useful, at least for a while.

At high level, I'd rather see a dangerous horde of opponents put on their asses than left on their feet firing, and there aren't many instances I can think of where they could land somewhere dangerous enough to cause real issues with the power itself. This doesn't sound like a bad state of affairs to me.

I'm seeing a few people complain that it no longer bundles enemies up. I'm not going to argue, that was pretty neat, but you're essentially asking for your targets to be served up on a platter. I can't really agree with that.

Edited by Kirbuncle

. I'm not going to argue, that was pretty neat, but you're essentially asking for your targets to be served up on a platter. I can't really agree with that.

Why not? That was Mags Pull from day 1. You pull S#&$, it stops at your feet, then you shoot it with a HEK.

Nobody cried bloody murder or OP over it.

The damage on her 1 is entirely unnecessary, Mag isn't a DPS frame, never was.

Why not? That was Mags Pull from day 1. You pull S#&$, it stops at your feet, then you shoot it with a HEK.

Nobody cried bloody murder or OP over it.

The damage on her 1 is entirely unnecessary, Mag isn't a DPS frame, never was.

The fact it was like that from day one doesn't automatically make it a good idea, and the lack of opposition to it means little as far as building a case for Pull's original state goes. It's just not a solid argument.

Also, I may be mistaken, but isn't the intention of Bullet Attractor to boost the damage that could potentially be inflicted on a target? There's at least an element of DPS-focused play at work there. I'd probably categorise her as DPS-support, given that Bullet Attractor tags a target for the whole squad, and Pull (later on in the game) leaves everyone lying on their faces and open to attack. Not to mention Shield Polarise, though it's usefulness is still up for debate unless it's actually gotten better.

Pull: it's great! the only problem is that sometimes enemies aren't pulled to you even if it's a straight line with nothing on the way and they just stop on the floor halfway. it was a lot of fun when it used to work also on bosses, I know that now it has a ragdoll effect instead of "pulling" an enemy towards you but ust saying that it was nice to use it on bosses also even if it didn't do any damage (or to pull allies away form a bad situation, even if it was mainly used to troll other allies :P)

Bullet Attractor: it gets a little to big when you use it with stretch (maxed) and when you shoot from inside the globe bullets aren't redirected to the enemy.

Crush: the new sound is fantastic! but apart from that it became useless, 180 dmg on a level 50 grineer lancer is quite ridiculous and useless. and another thing that I noticed that never hapened before is that sometimes some enemys continue to walk towards you and attack you while affected by crush (they aren't blocked in the air although the ability is acting on them).

consideration on the nem Mag: I used Mag a lot in the past and it was quite fun, with the new ability fixes it would have become great to use it if it wasn't for crush that became useless, at this point crush can be removed and you can just spam Pull or I'd rather have Mag like before the last update if Crush is going to be like this.

Edited by matumbo

The fact it was like that from day one doesn't automatically make it a good idea, and the lack of opposition to it means little as far as building a case for Pull's original state goes. It's just not a solid argument.

Also, I may be mistaken, but isn't the intention of Bullet Attractor to boost the damage that could potentially be inflicted on a target? There's at least an element of DPS-focused play at work there. I'd probably categorise her as DPS-support, given that Bullet Attractor tags a target for the whole squad, and Pull (later on in the game) leaves everyone lying on their faces and open to attack. Not to mention Shield Polarise, though it's usefulness is still up for debate unless it's actually gotten better.

What exactly is your argument? Because it sounded like you disliked the previous Pull for being too OP. That was at least what I got from the tone of your post.

BA only now has a damage multiplier, before the patch it actually reduced DPS since you can't hit weakspots with BA. Shield Polarize is currently a very defensive skill as the offensive portion of it is severely reduced by the fact not all enemies actually have shields (infested faction, half of grineer) making the offensive portion very situational.

Heres how the Mag changed over time:

Pull:

-Pull usable on one target including players, low damage, fall damage, able to pull shields off grineer (useful for getting your buddies out of a pinch as well as controlling enemies, and smartly adding damage through high control)

-Pull usable on one target, enemies only, low damage, fall damage, able to pull shields off grineer (still useful for controlling enemies)

-Pull usable on one target, enemies only, low damage, able to pull shields off grineer (still useful to control enemies, but offensive portion now not viable)

-Pull usable on multiple targets in a cone, enemies only, low damage (now pulls indiscriminately and can pull melee threats, loss of control over CC, no longer pulls grineer shields)

-Pull usable on multiple targets in a cone, enemies only, high damage, AP damage, ragdoll effect, fall damage (current mag, no control, high damage)

Bullet Attractor:

-BA attracts all projectiles

-BA attracts only some projectiles (excluding grenades, rockets, and missile weapons like Kunai/Bow)

-BA attracts only some projectiles and creates an explosion for 300dmg on death

-BA attracts only some porjectiles and creates an explosion for 300dmg on death + damage multiplier per projectile

Shield Polarize

-SP restores a single targets shield, includes Cryopods or Sentinels

-SP restores a single targets shield, no cryopod or sentinel

-SP restores a single targets shield and creates an overload for X damage on Ospreys

-SP restores a single targets shield and creates an overload for X damage on anything with shields

-SP restores shields in a radius around Mag and creates an overload for X damage on anything with shields ++damage

Crush

-Crush delivers 1000 non-AP dmg to unlimited targets in a radius over 3 seconds of animation CC (never changed)

Mag was always designed to be a zoner/controller, I do not understand the obsession of DE in making her a DPS powerhouse. As you can see the DPS abilities were all added in later.

Crush was her only viable damage dealing ability, and even then it was extremely lackluster because its combined with a CC ability (fair enough although the CC is at my cost of mobility and possibly death).

All I want is Mag to be a controller frame and give me control over the CC. Actual control. Not throwing enemies around or delivering damage.

To be honest I don't even like BA or SP on her because it does nothing for my CC.

This is Mags description:

"With full command of surrounding magnetic energy, MAG is an expert at enemy manipulation.

Mag is a Warframe based on magnetic force. She boasts high shield strength in exchange for reduced suit integrity and average power capacity. Her abilities make her a potent medium for crowd control."

Right now there is no crowd control, there is crowd disruption by launching them everywhere, but not control.

Edited by Mietz