Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag 9.8: Feedback Thread

[DE]Megan

Besides pull, have you tried Shield polarize when there are plenty of ospreys? Pretty sure I saw 2k plus dmg when I used in in Psamathe. Makes me want to visit Corpus just to revisit that surprising moment. If only DE could tell us what the dmg done by Shield Polarize is affected by...

Seems to be something like however much shield is burned.

I've seen nearly 10k in T3's.

Ok, my turn (since I've tested the changes myself now)

Pull: Gotta admit, its good, maybe for the low energy its a bit too good but I don't mind that

Shield Polarise: Still a bad idea for a skill as it's beyond situational, besides, polishing a turd doesn't necessarily give shiney turds.

Bullet Attractor: Still really bad, awfull in fact if you have a Banshee and Nova in your team, since you can no longer target weak spots to do real damage.

Crush: waste of energy now, it's outdamaged by pull.

Shouldn't Scott be working closer with your QA team, since he needs feedback on stuff before the beta testers rip it up ?

To be honest talking about pull is pretty pointless at the moment; it pulls through walls and even if targets survive the damage the vertical velocity it applies is too damn high. Damage is more then welcome but it needs to apply at a narrower cone, while pull effect cone remain similar.

I think everyone stuck with Mag deserves a week of "Total Anahilation Of Everyone On Screen" before its fixed.

For Shield Polarize and Bullet Attractor they finally get some use, I never used them since Closed Beta...

Edited by KONAir

the new pull is lovely, its very strong, exactly like some other abilitys like for example Vauban Tesla or Ash Shuriken

so, compared to them the damage is fine.

Shield Polarize: seems fine, also saved me a few times

bullet attractor: a little bit bugged, but the effect is very nice

crush: too weak compared to others (and pull) because of the armor scaling

This sounds like another version of Absorb that can be used on enemies instead of yourself, which would lead to some saying it's better and/or outcries of overpowered, unfair, etc. It also sounds like Antimatter Drop in the form of an easier target. If it's good as-is with the 9.8 buff, I think it should stay like that.

It doesn't need to be an exact copy of Absorb, it also has limited range. Make it shorter, or absorb less damage per bullet.

This is adjustable and can be balanced in its values.

The problem with the current one is that its "ok" for single target boss damage, but its still not something I'll slot for regular missions because things die so fast I don't get the bang for my energy buck (the 300dmg non-scaling AOE explosion is now worthless compared to the 300 scaling AP dmg from Pull, why would i even use it for 75E, just Pull, Pull, Pull for the same energy cost = 900dmg AP)

Single target debuffs or damage amps only work if you have extremely tough enemies that can take a beating for the energy cost to be justifiable.

I mean look at Banshees Sonar it gives 500% dmg on weakpoints in a very large radius, if that thing was single-target nobody would even bother to slot it.

Bullet Attractor doesn't get that much of a damage amp and is a single target ability, its just "meh".

Edited by Mietz

so far after all this, mag might feel a lil op because it was WAY under other warframes, there not a single Mag in the top 100 so i say its power put her nearly "even" with other warframes, plus you all forget you sung pull with mods in your MAg that probably increase the overall damage... id say new mag is fine as it is, and i whould love it as its now. magnetic field, is to target bosses, and polarize is just a field medic for the shields. crush is underpowered... so yeah, lets have something to fight with till crush get "ignore armor"

I would love to see the current rag doll pull as an alternate ability. The old pull was utility wise extremely fun and powerful, but the new one also has its strong suits. Plus it looks pretty funny to make them all collapse.

But for now, please make pull function like it did before, and maybe for a future update where warframes get additional abilities, rag doll pull could be added.

I dont comment on other frames because i dont use them.

Mag is my first frame and it is the frame that i use 60%+ of the time.

If you gonna comment on Mag's skill based on other frame (especially using only one comparison, e.g. damage), those comments wont make much sense. 

Example:

More damage on Pull . Great . Now is as strong as any other first skill of other frames . Like Tesla, Shuriken or Fireball.

Seriously ??? Do you ever count the Range of pull ?? how many targets it can hit ?? What it can do ?? What it suppose to do ?? 

It is great to have buff, but the balance have to be there. Comparison have to include all other factors.

The current Mag's pull is completely overpowered. 4 Mags can dominate an entire defense / survival platform with just pull. 

Move on to Crush.

Damage on Crush is fine as it is. 1000 damage is fair for an ultimate skill. The highest level of enemy in the game is currently around 60ish (aside from survival and defense). Ultimate skill should not OHKO those highest rank enemies. This applies to other classes as well. Why ?? Because, the current so called "ultimate" is spammable up to 4 times given a good mod. During that 4 cast, most probably you will get a good return of energy. If that is the case, why do we need weapon then ? 

The game is fun when you have to consider all options in the mission. If one option is enough (e.g. spamming skill), then it renders the rest of the options useless and pointless.

Want everything to be more powerful without consideration?? why not ask for a 1 button skill to destroy the entire grineer ship / planet.

Regarding Crush.  The damage timing is nice, but the damage itself is still lacking, as with most of the ultimate abilities.  When Mag uses Crush, she magnetizes the bones of her enemies, crushing the enemy in on themselves.  Thus, the more armor an enemy has, Crush should deal more damage, as there is more "stuff" being magnetized onto an enemies bones.  Basically, reduce the base damage of Crush, so it has a chance against light infested, but give a decent armor to damage scaling, as that's what Crush sounds like it should do.

People saying Mag is op obviously doesn't play her or bring her into any high levels mobs.  If you ever seen a Mag in a high level area you would know that the powers was worthless.  What mag in their right mind going pull a bunch of 100 level mobs to them so that they only get back up and destroy you?  That's why you use to see Mag players spamming crush.  The first crush was not going kill much of anything thing, so you had to use it again to just kill something and bosses (plus whatever is still alive) were definitely going get back up all focused on you now. Warframes are looked at how their powers can keep them alive, not what weapons they got forma out or potatoed to make up for the lack of survivability. I looked forward to future buffs of the lesser frame to keep up with the same ones you see all the time now in T3s.  The you need a x and a y at least just to stay alive is getting old fast.

sure make pull even worse....

ragdoll is S#&$ for pull... people who disagree never used mag at its full potential...

no idea what ragdoll is.

but i do know is that AI affected by PULL will fly in a random direction &/or crash into an obstacle/wall.

that or AI affected by PULL got knockdown instantly without the PULLing effect.

no idea what ragdoll is.

but i do know is that AI affected by PULL will fly in a random direction &/or crash into an obstacle/wall.

that or AI affected by PULL got knockdown instantly without the PULLing effect.

when they are ragdolled they cant take dmg either which is S#&$.

old pull back please which is 360degrees and mobs end at your feet.

i love the changes to Mag - was my first frame but way below the others i have when it comes to - well - kill stuff

i don't know why everybody is complaining about a power, that is able to instagib mid-lvl 20s in a large area - and only the weak ones and not the heavies... lvl 40s you have to cast it twice and so on - ok - you are able to spam it (so they may simply add a small cooldown) - but go ahead and see how pull works against lvl 60+ enemies...

all the complains i read on the forums about frames or powers beeing overpowered seem to only regard enemies up to lvl 40ish - but since normal missions go up to ~lvl 75 and T3 Voids or defence alerts or the new survival mode has a much higher enemy level, those powerfull abilities are just needed - the only frame really capable of clearing a room of lvl 100+ enemies is nova - and this is just fine - because you need a damage output like that to kill enemies that can easily one-shot you quick enough

the game does not need to be "balanced" around early- or midegame content - it has to be balanced regarding late- and endgame content and there you need a bit more bang for the buck - i mean its just sad while using a frost and not beeing able to kill anything aboth lvl 45ish with your ultimate - back before the increase in enemy levels that was fine because you only met these levels in endless defence missions - now you meet them on every second planet...

so for my part - leave pull as it is regarding the damage, the range and the radius - but may add a little cooldown to prevent excessive spamming

jm2c

Still very weak. New pull is great though, and I guess Bullet attractor is now much better for bosses, but beyond bosses bullet attractor is still very weak. It costs too much energy, too much time and too much precision to use on trash mobs, even most Heavies. And then you also have to shoot at the unit, why not just shoot?

Shield polarize is basically never going to be a good skill, it should be trashed and she should be given a non-situational skill, because she already has one with bullet attractor. Make the new skill actually have something to do with Magnetism. I think it would even be fine being an alternate pull, like Mag shoots out bits of Iron in one direction and causes all enemies in that area to get caught and pulled together in a clump where they can't move for say 5-10 seconds. Basically, give her a CC ability.