Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna Hunting

Grimmstyler

Ill say that Hunting can be a fun past time while waiting on Standing reset for Fortuna, but damn it has no value to anything. 

Since Hunting doesnt have much value it would be nice if you could gain Standing from Hunting even if Daily Standing is capped.

I would have like to seen Hunting have something relative to Beast Companions like Cosmetics, Mods or Research + Enhancement to a Beast.

Having a Beast Companion help you hunt, like a Sunika Kubrow with [Unleashed} or even if the Beast passively hunt to assist just cause its in their nature would be fun.

[Enemy Radar] + [Enemy Sense] seems to work marking the animals (sometimes).

Would like to be able to zoom with Tranquilizer also..

Hunting just seems downplayed compared to fishing. =/

Lots of buggy going on with claiming the Capture when Hunting with 2 or more people..

Just stuffed dolls and a patch (which is comical) as a reward for hunting? CMON!

Id still like to have a Kennel/Playpen for my Operator Room on my Orbitor to show off my "Beasts" and be able to have more than 1 "Beast" active to Equip 

The rewards for Hunting seem underrated.. Being that Hunting is underrated, wouldnt it be a surprise if you were hunting and caught a animal that was worthy of a [Primed Chamber]? 😃 Same with Fishing.. Catching The King Fish!.. Id actually like to see a Monthly King Trophy Animal/Fish Prize!  

Then even if there was a Conservation Room in Fortuna with rarest animals caught (Trophy Animals) with players names on a Monthly poster board.. Same could go with Fishing.. A giant tank in Fortuna and Plains of Eidolon with rarest fish tagged on a Monthly poster board..

Edited by Grimmstyler

I'd be happy if the tranq rifle reticle wasn't so white, I had to track an animal near the edge of the border, with blizzard like weather and I could not see the centre aiming pip.

Also white mining UI on white snow..... white sniper scope on white snow.... not to mention hard to see tracks in the snow.

Customizable ui would be nice.

Just now, Redrum_Wraith said:

I'd be happy if the tranq rifle reticle wasn't so white, I had to track an animal near the edge of the border, with blizzard like weather and I could not see the centre aiming pip.

Also white mining UI on white snow..... white sniper scope on white snow.... not to mention hard to see tracks in the snow.

Yea.. White seems to be relative to everything with Fortuna.. Its hard to see the names of places on the Map.. Active Abilties..

32 minutes ago, Redrum_Wraith said:

id be happy if the tranq rifle worked like an actual rifle, and not a bow, the shots shouldnt be drifting off to the right and arcing down under 100 meters

30 minutes ago, Deathguard9000 said:

id be happy if the tranq rifle worked like an actual rifle, and not a bow, the shots shouldnt be drifting off to the right and arcing down under 100 meters

I hate to be "that guy" but it kinda fits that such a rifle would fire darts that act like bolts or arrows and drop/drift.

Perhaps an opertunity exists here for a higher tier rifle. A high powered rifle, faster reload with darts that dont drop as quick? Oh and a scope that isn't white.... 🤔

Edit: I know it's getting carried away, but maybe even add widgets (like the synthesis scanner upgrades) as a rep sink, that can buff the rifle, better darts, enhanced zoom, target highlight etc.

Edited by Redrum_Wraith

4 hours ago, Deathguard9000 said:

well as it stands now, the pobber hunts are impossible to tag 3/3 with how inaccurate the tranq rifle is for a non-stealth frame

You could probably try Harrow with power 2 active and temp stun with 1 as you pounce in for a close shot, because the projectile flight speed makes it harder at range.

But I dont think Hunting was intended to "capture every spawn", its more of a relaxation piece to Warframe (like in some sense Fishing and Mining)..

Edited by Grimmstyler

5 hours ago, Deathguard9000 said:

well as it stands now, the pobber hunts are impossible to tag 3/3 with how inaccurate the tranq rifle is for a non-stealth frame

not entirely impossible, I pulled it off with gara (or was it mesa?) once.
Yes, they are extremely hard to pull of, but considering how capturing 2/3 gives you 2 tag, 3/3 gives you 3, I think the difficulty of hunting all 3 is fine as it is
I would like the other animals to spawn at a similar rate too... at least it will make farming for plushies not so annoying.

7 hours ago, madmaddin said:

Try Banshee.

The rifle-shots are silent and you simply just need to get some distance after calling. 3/3 most of the time

Loki [Hushed Invisibility] works best for anything Solo.

I run Banshee (as shooter) and Ivara (Invisible Arrow + Prowl) in a team hunt for Poppers.

Team hunt seems best for multiple people getting rewards, but your limited to 1 spot.. Its easier for finding call points  and marking scat finds on map

Edited by Grimmstyler

Warframe Devs! Give us an indicator whether an animal has gone a bit away from the extinct status, and maybe a reward after hunting a LOT, maybe giving us one of those cute little things as orbiter pet!
Those things would make hunting seem more than just "i get a bit of standing"
especially when that capture screen shows all kinds of info, its heartbreaking to just let it go into somewhere where we cant visit it

2 hours ago, SophieKitty said:

Warframe Devs! Give us an indicator whether an animal has gone a bit away from the extinct status, and maybe a reward after hunting a LOT, maybe giving us one of those cute little things as orbiter pet!
Those things would make hunting seem more than just "i get a bit of standing"
especially when that capture screen shows all kinds of info, its heartbreaking to just let it go into somewhere where we cant visit it

maybe put up a list of
"xxx numbers of sunny pobbers has been saved by the tennos, xxx number of.... etc" next to biz