Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember 9.8: Feedback Thread

[DE]Megan

Apparently I'm guilty for saying that Mak is a bastard, cute, idiotic men, which is ATTRACTIVE.

Wow, it's a compliment, if you can't take it.

Anyway, on some more serious note, and of course, aside from Fireblast discussion (because Mak can't get his scab-filled hands off of it), let's talk about Ember's stats that will MAKE her a good caster with her S#&$ty skills.

(Because apparently DE won't change her skills anytime soon)

First, add more power reserve.

Hell, make her the first frame with 200 (S#&$ you not, 200) POWER RESERVE WITHOUT Flow, and 100 power at the start of missions.

That way it justifies her low-yield skills better, because she can FINALLY spam more effectively.

Second, give her more shield.

She's a caster, yes? A @(*()$ WIZARD. LET HER HAVE MORE MAGICAL PROTECTION, in the form of electrical shield, of course.

It justifies her low armor and health.

It means she's designed to be a hit-run frame.

Most of her abilities have continuous effect, making spamming not quite an option compare to other warframes such as Excal or Mag. (I doubt having more energy reserve will encourage you to spam Fireball)

Ember does have more caster shield, it's called Overheat.

Did you just say Ember should have an "electrical" shield?

Hey! Since I'm lazy and wasn't following the thread... here are my suggestions on skills!

Fireball:

Launches a ball of fire, that explodes, ragdolling enemy in a range affected by mods, dealing some fire DoT.

Your spectacular CC.

Overheat:

Damage reduction skill, scaling up to 90% with mods. While active, halves the damage and the range of all other abilities, in return giving up to 1000 fire damage in melee and minor cc dot for melee-range.

Fireblast:

Creates a massive presisting fire storm. Fire storm is impossible for enemies to see through, making them loose aggro and concentrate on warframes outside, or pepper it randomly with bullets. Every bullet passing through it, deals additional fire dot. Every enemy, running into it is forced to switch to melee weapon.

World on Fire:

Pretty same, really. Can be changed to quickly tick, creating AoE explosions of fire from targets.

To previous orators

Having Overheat redone as a proper magical shield (that can be spam-recasted and stuff) would be awesome.

And it's really her problem with skills if more energy doesn't help her as a caster.

Edited by GTG3000

Most of her abilities have continuous effect, making spamming not quite an option compare to other warframes such as Excal or Mag. (I doubt having more energy reserve will encourage you to spam Fireball)

No, it encourages me to spam Fireblast and Overheat more.

True, it won't even help Fireball at the slightest, but since Fireblast is able to be spammed with the damage consistently adding up, it'll finally be a good thing. IF we can spam it more safely and effectively.

Enemies dying, we can safely pick of those who aren't, and finally it's a pretty viable skill to use.

Spamming FB is the only way to bypass its "damage-ON-ring-not-IN-ring" limitation against higher level enemies, too.

Ember does have more caster shield, it's called Overheat.

In which it doesn't "shield" her anymore with its 40%-ish Damage Reduction. (lower than that, even, if I remember)

It's no more a shield. Its usage now is to encourages people to use melee attacks and starts to do a close-n-personal approach on enemies.

Did you just say Ember should have an "electrical" shield?

The normal shield, I mean. That blue numbers.

C'mon, use your imagination.

If those shields aren't electrical to generate enough magnetic field to hold incoming damages, what are they, then?

Magic? Voodoo stuff that I don't know? Orokin tech?

I know, I did said "electrical" shield.

GTG3000 may actually be on to something. Having Overheat back as it was reduction wise but apply a debuff as well could make a nice balance. It plays really well with a DoT based frame too, pre-dot everything with Fireblast/WoF then hit Overheat and wait out your damage. Some nice synergy between skills.

Well, yeah, that's the idea - you can cast your damage skills, but not while overheated.

And since a CC fireball would be quite usefull (and, maybe, if Fireblast would be changed to a skill worth being spammed, it would be too), it would be a nice balance between protection and damage.

After playing Ember for a while i find that she's does excel at things, however those things are not the things you want her to excel in. Case and point, she's amazing at Melee, with weak stats, average speed, and constantly getting knocked down. She's good at absolutely nothing, as the majority of her skills complament a playstyle she is unable to hold up at higher levels. Here are my suggestions:

Fireball:  lower the cost to 10 Energy, OR have it either bypass armor

Fireblast: Have the fire bypass shields (as it is now, it's nice when stacking it with other frames like frost, but lets be honest, it's a waste of 50 energy at higher levels unless focused up)

Overheat: Give us 33% damage reduction and immune knockdown (I'll settle with 50% reduction, cause Melee with her and get KD'ed on level 100+ your more or less dead)

World on Fire: Let it hit all enemys in the effected area at the same time OR make AoE much larger. Also this NEEDS to bypass armor.

I understand the dev's want to make Ember more of a caster. Ok thats fine, then give us caster skills. I much rather you keep overheat and fireblast focused on melee and let fireball shine as a powerful caster spell. When you look at other tier 1 abilitys, fireball just isn't there yet. I'd love the dev's to play ember, max out fireball with the most BS loadout they can think of, and tell me how many fireballs it takes to kill a level 150 grenier. I think that alone would explain all the problems with the class