Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember 9.8: Feedback Thread

[DE]Megan

She didn't need damage, she needed survivability. Add a fear to the fireball's impact target. Make fireblast pull enemies hit into the centre and put the constant damage inside the ring. The mark of a balanced frame is control, not damage.

TLDR: EMBER ISN'T A CASTER, STOP PRETENDING SHE IS ONE!

Make her cast even more complicated spells; SHE NOT CASTER.

Or you know, actually playing the frame...

Maybe then they'd realize what the problems with her actually are.

I didn't get Ember to play a glass-cannon pyromancer. I got her to swagger my way through enemies lines, turning my enemies into personal pyrotechnics.

Make her cast even more complicated spells; SHE NOT CASTER.

The point was, she's not a ranged artillery piece like nova or banshee. So why are they treating her like one?

In terms of playstyle, Ember is far closer to Rhino or Saryn than she is to those two "caster" frames.

What is a caster frame anyway? All frames use their abilities. All frames are caster frames. Why do we even use that term?

Edited by Holynight6

Well, maybe she was meant to be a damage dealing warframe, maybe she was not meant to be a tank warframe. i think I THINK, ok its i think so its a personal opinion, the tankiness of a warframe is partially showed in their stats, ember doesnt have the necessary stats to become a tank, you guys ASSUME she is a tank because one of her skill offer damage reduction, but maybe her fire skin aka overheats is just a tool to make you survive longer for you ultimate, and btw, a lot of people commenting on this post ( a lot of people not all of them) post some suggestion that is a little bit ridiculous, like saying her first skill is not viable in the late game, well of course it is not, maybe it is not becuase it was meant to be weak at later level, what you expect, its their first skill and every skill should have their cons and pros, a lot of post complain about the skills draw back and wants it perferct. Hey, if we make a warframe perfect, what is the point of trying other warframe. Ember deal a lot of damage and that is enough, i personally dont want a tanky, damage dealing utility warframe because it will be OP. You guys complain about ember is not tanky enough but you guy have forgot that probably all other warframe doesnt even have a scaling ability. In my opinion, if DE doesnt make her overheat to reduce damage in the first place, uyou guys wont be whining right now. its like we spoil a kid good stuff expect them to appreciate, but instead those kids want more, lol its so pathetic, once again its personal opinion dont rage on me.

if DE doesnt make her overheat to reduce damage in the first place, uyou guys wont be whining right now.

Firstly, spell check. Those red squiggles are not your friends.

Secondly, if DE ever comes out with a frame whose abilities consist of small damage circle, smallish damage circle, medium damage circle and large damage circle, I will buy a plane ticket (live in Australia) to go see them in person to explain how their own game actually plays.

Most abilities that only do damage are bad. The exception is a nuke. If you can do just as much damage with your weapons, which are a far less limited resource, then why bother using the ability?

combine WoF and ring to make it a burn's area that you walk over and leaves it there for the duration. it really isnt much more powerful but then i can pretend im sonic the hedgehog leaving trails of fire.

fireball needs a better ... use. maybe just make it EXPLODE like its supposed to when it hits the area give it a nice lil aoe like ogris and it would be actually useful.. maybe.

personally i hate the changes to overheat but I understand why it was done.

Firstly, spell check. Those red squiggles are not your friends.

Secondly, if DE ever comes out with a frame whose abilities consist of small damage circle, smallish damage circle, medium damage circle and large damage circle, I will buy a plane ticket (live in Australia) to go see them in person to explain how their own game actually plays.

Most abilities that only do damage are bad. The exception is a nuke. If you can do just as much damage with your weapons, which are a far less limited resource, then why bother using the ability?

well there is a lot of warframe that have little utility and have a lot of damaging ability, i dont see them complaining like you guys does, plus they didnt remove her damage reduction, they make it less powerfull, in my opinion it is still a very strong ability consider its only the second one. And you only answer one part of the question ( the part you find the most easily refutable ) but this isnt the point, my point is : maybe she wasnt meant to be a tank or they just wants to nerf the skill to make it better suited for a seconde ability.

An alternate change to the mechanics of how Ember's skills work could also happen:

Overheat -- Lowered damage, same tick speed, damage reduction to 70-80% not affected by Focus(a la Iron Skin v2.0), soft CC immunity(disruption, stagger).

Fireblast -- Removal of fire ring; deal medium forcefield-type damage to ragdoll enemies away from Ember. Increasing AoE and ragdoll distance per level.

World on Fire -- Removal of target cap; deal DoT damage, preferably based on opponent's max health as impact damage in an AoE the size of Fireblast's ring and only burns targets so long as they stay in that AoE. Moves with Ember.

Edited by MIRROR_ell

ember is dead

I'll still play her, I think. At least on low-mid level missions. I like her look and theme too much to just stop using her altogether.

It won't be nearly as fun, though. Abilites are too repetitive and situationally useful. I'll probably give her more exotic weapons to try to make up for it. Play her powerless, or maybe with the new overheat just for the little bit more survivability at long ranges.

horrible decision and execution

do you even play this frame at all?

ever saw a fireball in games ? ever?

its an explosion

change the animation into ogris impact and add fire dot on enemies hit

how @(*()$ hard is that?

take w/e code you got in ogris for the impact explosion , add a dot effect on it that you have in fireball already

and call it a day coz ppl will love it

fireblast was always garbage

simple fix

all targets in fireblast area get effect by world on fire since some "smart" person invented a 3 mob cap on a skill that is called WORLD ON FIRE

get overheat back to how it was before

apply all those to ember = happy players

well there is a lot of warframe that have little utility and have a lot of damaging ability, i dont see them complaining like you guys does, plus they didnt remove her damage reduction, they make it less powerfull, in my opinion it is still a very strong ability consider its only the second one. And you only answer one part of the question ( the part you find the most easily refutable ) but this isnt the point, my point is : maybe she wasnt meant to be a tank or they just wants to nerf the skill to make it better suited for a seconde ability.

What question? All you post are blocks of text with the grammar removed.

Yes, I picked part of your opinion that I found issue with and proceeded to analyze and expand on it. That's how you debate a topic.

No, I never said Ember should be a tank. Please don't insinuate I did. Ember isn't and shouldn't be a tank. That shouldn't automatically mean she's a glass cannon. However, pre-nerf, her playstyle was to get in amongst enemies and wreck havok, which is strikingly similar to how Rhino plays.

Sure, DE can roll around balance changes or change some numbers on a frame. But for the love of god don't go changing the play style of a frame without some serious thought and community input. This is the beef the community currently have. That they made such a big change without any input or research.

It seems game companies are yet to learn that the people who know a game best aren't always the employees. It's the players who have no social life and sink hundreds of hours a week into it. Perhaps the people who spend more than a full-time job load on the game actually know a thing or two about it? But no, that would be silly.

-snip-

if DE doesnt make her overheat to reduce damage in the first place, uyou guys wont be whining right now. its like we spoil a kid good stuff expect them to appreciate, but instead those kids want more, lol its so pathetic, once again its personal opinion dont rage on me.

Sir, your grammatical skill outshines mine. I shall bow in front of your majestic light.

Now, do you even use Ember? Oh right, you never. You're a post-U9 player. Poor you.. Stuck with your Nova metagame.

Now, I should say that IF DE ACTUALLY MADE Ember that weak, I WILL personally message the team, and specify their BS on that Ember, and why it won't work.

I'm living in a third-world country, and the message might got shot down by Somalian Pirates, but I don't care.

I WILL personally send the message.

But, the fact is? DE MADE Ember the way she was. THAT'S the fact.

I, myself, NEVER thought that Ember is a Tank. Never.

I think she's a frame that does AoE, and able to SURVIVE better in most situations.

SURVIVAL DOESN'T MEAN TANKINESS.

You should really played a frame before bashing its user.

apply all those to ember = happy players

*laughs* Anything worth doing is worth overdoing, eh?

Sadly, DE seems to have a sort of standard on warframe powers, where every frame has two effective abilities and two, less effective, more flavour-focused (sometimes) abilities. It would be nice if every ability could fit in both camps for each warframe,  but that's a long way off, yet. *cough cough* super jump *cough cough*

I'd be happy even with just two good, complimentary abilities again: One good damage, one good utility. But either the utility option needs to be defensive, or the damage option needs to have excellent long range, as Ember is just too squishy to get in close unprotected.

But for the love of god don't go changing the play style of a frame without some serious thought and community input. This is the beef the community currently have. That they made such a big change without any input or research.

This sums it up entirely. It was taking away a slightly overcooked steak, and when we asked for a refire and for it to be served medium-rare, they give us a salad.

A damn salad.

Even if she wasn't meant to a tank that is how most of ember users embrace her as close range dps tank.

and all the other warframes have some way to use their skills safely, be it Hp, armor or a skill, she NEEDS run at the danger to make her skills count.

so dying is only thing she can do at the higher lvls (lvl 70+ worlds and T3)

Why i should play ember now? it's and "nigthmare" to ligth armor enemys (like infected?) well.. now i have to stay hide because some "DISYUNTOR" (What a sh** Translate is THAT???) come and take all my energy???.. and they have autoaim.. so you cant run from they... you use WoF? well, it's dont have any use because when you cast it you are dead

Grineers and corpus are a NIGHTMARE for Ember now, and infected too... *sigh*

What question? All you post are blocks of text with the grammar removed.

Yes, I picked part of your opinion that I found issue with and proceeded to analyze and expand on it. That's how you debate a topic.

No, I never said Ember should be a tank. Please don't insinuate I did. Ember isn't and shouldn't be a tank. That shouldn't automatically mean she's a glass cannon. However, pre-nerf, her playstyle was to get in amongst enemies and wreck havok, which is strikingly similar to how Rhino plays.

Sure, DE can roll around balance changes or change some numbers on a frame. But for the love of god don't go changing the play style of a frame without some serious thought and community input. This is the beef the community currently have. That they made such a big change without any input or research.

It seems game companies are yet to learn that the people who know a game best aren't always the employees. It's the players who have no social life and sink hundreds of hours a week into it. Perhaps the people who spend more than a full-time job load on the game actually know a thing or two about it? But no, that would be silly.

did i said you said that ember is a tank? i said a lot of player which maybe doesnt include you, and if you want to do a proper debate, dont pick someone 's grammar, its my third language and i only learn it from the internet.

Even if she wasn't meant to a tank that is how most of ember users embrace her as close range dps tank.

and all the other warframes have some way to use their skills safely, be it Hp, armor or a skill, she NEEDS run at the danger to make her skills count.

so dying is only thing she can do at the higher lvls (lvl 70+ worlds and T3)

Just to reinforce your point. Double checked every frame and apart from Ember they all have CC and Utility in one or more abilities. Ember has neither of those in any of her abilities.

Example list:

Ash - Smokescreen CC, Teleport Utility.

Banshee - Push CC, Sonar Utility.

Scally - Blind CC, Jump Utility.

Frost - Avalanche CC, Globe Utility.

Loki.

Mag.

Nyx.

Nova - Prime CC, Wormhole Utility.

Rhino - Stomp CC, Roar Utility.

Saryn - Miasma CC, Contagion Utility.

Trinity - Utility.

Vauban - CC.

Volt - Speed Utility, Shield Utility.

Ember - nothing.

The damage reduction on overheat doesn't crowd control and it isn't really utility (same as iron skin and link).

So I'm sorry to all those haters out there who think we're just acting hard done by, but we have serious and legitimate concerns

EDIT:

@SaltyPopsickle: You said "...You guys assume she is a tank...", which collectively includes me (who was the previous post).

Edited by Holynight6

Sir, your grammatical skill outshines mine. I shall bow in front of your majestic light.

Now, do you even use Ember? Oh right, you never. You're a post-U9 player. Poor you.. Stuck with your Nova metagame.

Now, I should say that IF DE ACTUALLY MADE Ember that weak, I WILL personally message the team, and specify their BS on that Ember, and why it won't work.

I'm living in a third-world country, and the message might got shot down by Somalian Pirates, but I don't care.

I WILL personally send the message.

But, the fact is? DE MADE Ember the way she was. THAT'S the fact.

I, myself, NEVER thought that Ember is a Tank. Never.

I think she's a frame that does AoE, and able to SURVIVE better in most situations.

SURVIVAL DOESN'T MEAN TANKINESS.

You should really played a frame before bashing its user.

Then why are you guys whining about the damage reduction, i played ember, she was my 3rd frame, maybe i didnt master her but i did played with her, survival do means tankiness because you guys are all whining about her defensive ability being nerfed, which lower her tankiness and survivability. And plz dont pick on my grammar if you wants to do a proper discussion, its my 3rd language, plus if all you arguments is di you ever played ember or your grammar is bad, plz dont comment.