Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban 9.8: Feedback Thread

[DE]Megan

Vauban 9.8: Feedback Thread

Scott's Comments:

This is a big change for Vauban players, but a necessary one for the long term health of the game. Having one power that can totally immobilize all AI in a radius is just too OP. Currently capped at 12 targets. Strength mods effect the number of enemies.

Changes:

Basitille: Now will have a set number of targets

Vortex: No longer affects other players.

I am a Vauban player that only brings Bastille when absolutely required. I know the skill needs a fix but I do not like the idea of nerfing via arbitrary cap. Someone pointed out that this may have the unintended effect of causing more Bastilles to be thrown.

If you do nerf it that way, I recommend having it so that when a new enemy runs in and it goes over the cap, it captures the new one and releases one of the previously held enemies.

Bastile,i think it to low of a max number 12 considering the size of the radius...maybe 20 to 30 would be a better number in me opinion.

YAY for vortex ,but now can you do something about troll move bounce geez that is the most annoying skill in game because of trolls...

12 targets .. really just 12 ...okay.....  well i will never be using basitille again it would take way to much energy to make it viable it would be better to use vortexs as old basitille. I have been playing this game for quite awhile now and with every thing that has happend I have never been this disapointed , i can see why some may see basitille as OP but I have mostly been playing defense missions and even without a limit to the basitille it was chalenging. 12 targets may be okay on a low level map but on a higher level were there are around 40 to 50 guys that can one shot hit you and the pod this is next to useless.

I do however really like the vortex change mabye it won't be so much of a trollban instead of vauban.

Edited by Quazar123

Am I the only one that never had trouble moving in a Vortex? I don't think I've ever been unable to rez someone because of Vortex (and I have rezzed plenty of people inside of Vortexes).

Could you make Vortex effect you whilst airborne, but allow the Tenno to jump attack to get back to the ground, where they can move normally?

Bastille - no, just no, please revert the limit, decrease the duration if you have to, but remove the limit

Vortex - good change

Generally... it was nice knowing you Vauban mate, sit here on the bench next to Volt...

Great, just what we need. Vaubans dropping more Bastilles and further increasing the chance of the game crashing while playing defense missions.

That was a terrible idea. If need be, switch Vortex and Bastille around. Vortex hasn't been useful since it was nerfed/stopped working as it originally was intended to.

Edit: This does not mean put Bastille on a timer. Thanks.

Edited by DBugII

I think that 12 is to low a number ot be used outside of low level infested missions (as it was only 'op' on the higher level infested missions anyways).

Further, I'll have to do testing, but does it only affect 12 enemies TOTAL and never any more, or only 12 enemies at once, meaning if I kill an enemy can it catch another one till the time limit runs out?

Also this will just make people spam bastille even more and more effects everywhere.

A much better 'fix' would have been to swap it with Vortex and then make it only one at a time.

Personally i think the changes to bastille may have been exagerated per say, Nyx has a skill that not only paralizes foes for a few seconds, it turns them against each other, and it bassically takes up a big room while doing so. Granted, Nyx only had 2 skills that were decent before this patch. Vauban´s bastille is most effective versus infected, since they are all melee, not that usefull against other factions. I also think 12 might be in the low side of things, unless Bastille´s cost is reduced to 50, otherwise its somewhat of a waste. I personally am somewhat dissapointed that THIS seemed like a priority nerf, while Nova is still running around dropping 10K damage Anti Matter drops and  cleaning 2+ rooms with 1 Molecular prime ... i mean, holding every enemy in place and having to shoot em to death needs a nerf, but erasing the map of all living things still needs a couple more weeks just to be sure ...