Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban 9.8: Feedback Thread

[DE]Megan

You know...while Vauban is holding up 12 enemies with a cheap, easy skill that remains persistantly on field until it snares its maximum amount of targets, what are your teammates doing?

Vauban is not the only Frame capable of crowd control, and he also shouldn't be a 'carry' for your entire party. Also, please start using Vortex more. My Torid absolutely loves it.

You know...while Vauban is holding up 12 enemies with a cheap, easy skill that remains persistantly on field until it snares its maximum amount of targets, what are your teammates doing?

Vauban is not the only Frame capable of crowd control, and he also shouldn't be a 'carry' for your entire party. Also, please start using Vortex more. My Torid absolutely loves it.

Omg I fell out of my chair when I read this. Come back when you've actually USED a Vauban for high level teamplay and then tell us we are carrying it. Cause we aren't. Nova carries. Nyx carries. Rhino is now so good he can carry.

Cheap?.. 12 enemies for 75 energy is "cheap"? Thanks but no. I'd better use Vortex now. 100 energy for unlimited enemies -__-

Necessary change. For all those crying about it being the end of the class, you are hilariously mistaken. It is the end of it being played by people riding the easy train. Just like any MMO, as soon as a horrifically overpowered class gets brought in-line with the rest of the game (even if still slightly stronger than all the rest) then people will jump ship screaming "nerf".

12 is still an EXCEPTIONALLY high number for a giant AoE that COMPLETELY halts ANY enemy movement or damage. Snow Globe has an unlimited fire stopper (for now), but mobs can still shoot/move/grenade/flank/rush.

-Hate

really? let's compare Vauban to Nova. They have similar Shields and Health. (Nova has higher armor and speed) Nova has higher damage than any char... What has Vauban? Just stunning Infested. Now, they have nerfed even this. What are you talking about? - Hate? Grow some of hate before spreading it, you just brought piece of idiotism in this topic.

Health 100.0 (300.0 at rank 30) Power 150.0 (225.0 at rank 30) Armor 40.0 Shield Capacity

75.0 (225.0 at rank 30

Health

100.0 (300.0 at rank 30) Power 150.0 (225.0 at rank 30) Armor 50. Shield Capacity 75.0 (225.0 at rank 30)

For those who like to play solo or with 1 other max, this makes infested defence very hard. Even disabling every infested, energy limits already limit the maximum wave you can achive.

Can you at least make some mods to the ability to disable the strongest in range? i.e. ancients first.

Also echoing someone elses sentiment that it's a bit of a downer to spend money on platinum for a specific purpose and then have that changed on you. Realise that this is all par for the course, but still it is very big change.

Vauban has always been strictly a defense mission type frame. His low shields and health make him less than ideal for boss farming, and other mission type maps. Also his powers are less than desired for rushing through a farming run. So that leaves him with defense which he runs king. Now let’s talk about Bastille and Vortex. Bastille is the bread and butter of Vauban one of the its most useful skills. With the recent nerf Vauban can only lift 12 enemies up for a cost of 75 energy, 12 enemies which are entirely random. Vortex seems like a fair replacement, but has too small of a radius to be a great CC.

Now let’s compare Bastille to Snow Globe. Snow Globe offers an area with an “impenetrable sphere of protection.” How does that seem fair when compared to Bastille? Doesn’t Snow Globe allow all players to attack all enemies outside the sphere with no harm? The pre-nerf Bastille did what Frost couldn't on Infested enemies, give a sense of protection.

Vauban needs to either have Bastille’s cost reduced to say 50 energy or have its enemy count increased to ~20. By the way replace Bounce with something useful for Christ’s sake.

Edited by DoubtTruth

Scott's Comments:

This is a big change for Vauban players, but a necessary one for the long term health of the game. Having one power that can totally immobilize all AI in a radius is just too OP. Currently capped at 12 targets. Strength mods effect the number of enemies.

I doubt I'll get a response to this, or even that the developers will read it directly, but I wanted to respond to Scott's comments here.

Bastille required that the enemies walk directly into the skill, and otherwise did not function at all. There is no AI reaction to it, and further the AI is currently programmed to go after the objective to the extent that it will walk up the stairs nearby, rather than shooting at it from afar. Changing Bastille is not going to alter this. If a level has choke points, even Vortex will cover them acceptably, and for that matter, so will enough other CC. Bastille was convenient because it was straight forward, and had no cost in terms of channeling. With the changes you've made here, you've harmed its use as an, "O'S#&$" button, and reduced the overall pallette of options available to players without directly impacting the problems that created this situation in the first place. Altering abilities is not going to stop players from achieving high defense waves, unless you severely reduce all abilities that address large numbers of enemies, nor for that matter should you be concerned with stopping high level play. However, if you want to increase challenge, at the end of the day it can only be done by altering how the game presents a challenge.

another mod space for my vauban, now i'll go just vortex+torid for high level defence runs.still spammable and much more reliable now. but a power eficiency helmet would really turn things up for good.[

sorry for any grammar mistakes, i'm a brazilian player, and am not good at writing things in english.

Edited by Vilasanchez

People of Vauban i have a question.

I had Trinity's Link link to cameras and turrets which means the link lost some incoming damage.

So my question is..... do cameras/turrets count as enemies when Bastille is used?

One of you brave Vauban players needs to test this because this is an actual problem.

So... tested it.

Nothing should be changed back, 12 is still awesome, but requires you to actually kill things to clear the chopping block.

Used only in defence? You either have no brains or vauban itself, it's good escape mechanism as well as good cc against that frigging Heavy Gunner trio/Napalm duo. Sure it got more situational, but I like it.  If we could only nerf OMG 40 METER OF CC AND MASSIVE DAMAGE LOLOLOLOL of Nova, it would sure get in line. Beautiful line of Shooter, not "Press X to win" arcade.

As someone with a 3xformad vauban, I welcome this change. I liked that vauban was powerful, but to be honest 12 is still really generous (too generous imo) and only really affects high, high level defense vs infested, the only matchup where enemies pile up that much.

To be honest, I'd like a Snow Globe nerf too, besides bastille it's the biggest offender when it comes to taking challenge out of the game.

So... tested it.

Nothing should be changed back, 12 is still awesome, but requires you to actually kill things to clear the chopping block.

Used only in defence? You either have no brains or vauban itself, it's good escape mechanism as well as good cc against that frigging Heavy Gunner trio/Napalm duo. Sure it got more situational, but I like it.  If we could only nerf OMG 40 METER OF CC AND MASSIVE DAMAGE LOLOLOLOL of Nova, it would sure get in line. Beautiful line of Shooter, not "Press X to win" arcade.

As I said, I doubt, that Nova will be nerfed before Necro will be live, and untill next XXX frame will be annonced...

I really don't think Bastille was OP, and I don't think anyone else thought so either. It really wasn't that good against anything but infested. If anything about it needed to be nerfed, it was the range. Vauban was the frost of infested missions, and let me tell you that there is certainly more than 12 chargers/ and runners coming at you at a time. Even it it is upgraded by strength mods, it won't be a whole lot stronger, maybe 16 or so. If it's affecting range is going to be capped make it something more reasonable like 25. Vauban's supposed to be a little overpowered anyways, you can only get the parts from alerts, and the BP from daily reward. This is really a kick in the teslas for Vauban.

I want to add yet another point:

There's literally no difference between throwing one Bastille without the enemy cap and throwing 5 Bastille's with the enemy cap. The only difference might be that you run out of Energy, a laughable argument considering the overabudance of energy orbs in a defense mission (+ Energy Siphon).

Oh, and that it considerably decreases one's FPS.