Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PS4 worth upgrade to SSD for Warframe?

(PSN)Akabane85

Question

Not sure if this is the right place to ask.

Have any tenno upgraded their PS4 storage to SSD? Based on your experience is there a noticeable load improvement?

I'm having average 1 minute loading time per mission, and far worse when entering PoE. While on PC SSD the loading time is merely few seconds. I'm wondering if PS4 can achieve it by upgrading storage to SSD?

2 answers to this question

42 minutes ago, (PS4)Akabane85 said:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask.

Have any tenno upgraded their PS4 storage to SSD? Based on your experience is there a noticeable load improvement?

I'm having average 1 minute loading time per mission, and far worse when entering PoE. While on PC SSD the loading time is merely few seconds. I'm wondering if PS4 can achieve it by upgrading storage to SSD?

Pro, or non-Pro?

Pro uses a Sata 3 interface (so you will notice improvement).

non-Pro uses a Sata 2 interface (some improvement, but you'll be closer to stock HDD than SSD through Sata 3 interface).

But that being said, there is more to level load than just the streaming. The connection to the host could be the thing which drags on. Even on PC, SSD load times will vary because of this. Additionally, shaders are typically compiled when you go to a new tileset (planet) and in these cases you're probably going to be waiting on the CPU.

If you have the money to burn, and a Pro, go for it. It'll work for more than just Warframe when loading is concerned. If a bit tight on cash, and have the stock non-Pro, probs non worth it (imho).

32 minutes ago, MillbrookWest said:

Pro, or non-Pro?

Pro uses a Sata 3 interface (so you will notice improvement).

non-Pro uses a Sata 2 interface (some improvement, but you'll be closer to stock HDD than SSD through Sata 3 interface).

But that being said, there is more to level load than just the streaming. The connection to the host could be the thing which drags on. Even on PC, SSD load times will vary because of this. Additionally, shaders are typically compiled when you go to a new tileset (planet) and in these cases you're probably going to be waiting on the CPU. 

If you have the money to burn, and a Pro, go for it. It'll work for more than just Warframe when loading is concerned. If a bit tight on cash, and have the stock non-Pro, probs non worth it (imho).

It's non-Pro.

Thanks for your answer and suggestion, I didn't know about the SATA difference between those two. 

Edited by (PS4)Akabane85