Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 9.8

[DE]Rebecca

EVE is perfect. Just coming out of a major war, cooling down, letting skill queue grow. Warframe is like a cool ocean vacation from the complexities and intricacies of EVE. I flutter between the two, when my mind needs senseless killing, Warframe it is. When I feel like I am absolutely certain that soccer ball is filled with cement and want to kick it anyway, well that's EVE. lol

I KNOW WHAT U FEELS !!!!! same here

To me the biggest and best change in this patch is the one that finally allows us to use the same mods in different frames and weapons. Now at last I can regularly use all of my stuff without going through the tedious and pointless process of taking all the mods out and putting them into a different frame.

And while I have many duplicates (I've been playing since before U7 came out) I really don't see what's there to complain about- the duplicates served their purpose as a temporary workaround until this feature (which will hopefully be followed by loadouts) was implemented. At least now we won't have to spends even more time creating additional useless duplicates.

Overall this change is just what the game needed, in my opinion the frame balance issues are minor by comparison.

Welp trinity is useless now. It seems like a buff at first, and maybe it was intended to be. After testing it it was either a mistake or a nerf.

Energy pulse for energy vampire is way too slow. If its going to be so slow it needs to restore at least 100 per pulse. It only restores like 20 as far as I could tell. Before you could restore over 100 with a strong hit in a second.

Link is pretty pointless since in crowds your not going to survive long enough to split damage around. Not to mention you can no longer support the energy cost due to energy vampire completely sucking now. Having invulnerability on an already tanky frame like rhino that is built to do damage does not make sense, but having it on a support frame that is slow and weak does make sense. Maybe this would be okay if energy siphon wasn't so horrible now, but currently its not really worth the cost.

The two skills that made trinity good are now useless.

Ult is better but using the frame just for a team heal is pretty boring and not really worth it.

Well of Life is also better but that really doesn't matter since you can just ult.

The thunderbolt fix and the mod changes are great though.

Edited by marharth

Welp trinity is useless now. It seems like a buff at first, and maybe it was intended to be. After testing it it was either a mistake or a nerf. Energy pulse for energy vampire is way too slow. If its going to be so slow it needs to restore at least 100 per pulse. It only restores like 20 as far as I could tell. Before you could restore over 100 with a strong hit in a second. Link is pretty pointless since in crowds your not going to survive long enough to split damage around. Not to mention you can no longer support the energy cost due to energy vampire completely sucking now. Having invulnerability on an already tanky frame like rhino that is built to do damage does not make sense, but having it on a support frame that is slow and weak does make sense. Maybe this would be okay if energy siphon wasn't so horrible now, but currently its not really worth the cost. The two skills that made trinity good are now useless. Ult is better but using the frame just for a team heal is pretty boring and not really worth it. Well of Life is also better but that really doesn't matter since you can just ult. The thunderbolt fix and the mod changes are great though.

Blessing also grants nearly 20 seconds of invulnerability to the team with a full duration loadout.

What about if you *like* having multiple mod loadouts on on various weapons? I much prefer the old system, where you could amp up mods without having to have the ONE TRUE ULTIMATE MOD LOAD for every gun. This mod change is a massive step backwards.

Before, I could slot low level mods on a weapon because the weapon was new, and I could level up the mod over time with the weapon, without having to worry about trying to fit a max-load mod on a new gun. With this new (insert expletive here) system, you can ONLY load the most powerful mod you have, because that's the only one you're carrying! It's utterly USELESS!

Please put back the support for individual mod loads on weapons! The previous system offers much more customizabilty than this "One size fits all" solution. I'd expect this kind of idiot mistake from a fly-by-night MMO like Wartune. Not this game!

Thanks DE & Rebecca <3

Keep up the great work guys, can't wait for UD10 !

General:

• 1 - PvP Dueling – Added cooldown to Excalibur Radial Blind ability to avoid exploits.
  • 2a - Added embedded damage radius to projectiles.
  • 2b - Changed damage done by embedded projectiles to be affected by armor.
  • 3 - Animation and Audio tweaks to some Warframe Agile and Noble animations.

FIXES:

• 4 - Fixed Thunderbolt explosive damage trumping impact damage. Projectile damage now applies first, and then the chance to explode is checked.

1 - Does this effect PvE? Or does this only apply in a duel?

2 - Please explain in more detail

3 - What are the audio components for an animation fix??

4 - <3 <3 <3 <3

- Something i don't quite like is that you have removed the ability to filter equipped mods. And now instead , display ALL EQUIPPED MODS. Don't know if this was intentional or not but it is nonetheless confusing. For instance , i have continuity.

But which is the one i have equipped on the warframe i am using right now? WILD GUESS TIME!

1172581_10153215298045571_1325584006_o.j

Agreed

You may notice that mods you have equipped in a weapon are in your options for customization in other weapons. You no longer need to remove the mod from weapon X to equip in weapon Y, it will appear in the UI for you now.

Yusss! I don't post here much but been saying that to friends for a while, only time a mod should need to be removed is when it's fused over the power level of another weapon/frame (with notification) or to manually swap out.

Mod tagging/labeling/favourites/folders is on my wishlist now! At least a favourite tag to put mods you actually use at the top of the equip & inventory screens. Per weapon/frame Loadout Profiles would be nice in the future as well ;)

Addition: If you find yourself saying "Now I wasted mods fusing up duplicate X because I can equip the same mod twice on Sentinel/etc." This will likely not be possible in the future so don't sell your duplicates!

What about if you *like* having multiple mod loadouts on on various weapons? I much prefer the old system, where you could amp up mods without having to have the ONE TRUE ULTIMATE MOD LOAD for every gun. This mod change is a massive step backwards.

Before, I could slot low level mods on a weapon because the weapon was new, and I could level up the mod over time with the weapon, without having to worry about trying to fit a max-load mod on a new gun. With this new (insert expletive here) system, you can ONLY load the most powerful mod you have, because that's the only one you're carrying! It's utterly USELESS!

Please put back the support for individual mod loads on weapons! The previous system offers much more customizabilty than this "One size fits all" solution. I'd expect this kind of idiot mistake from a fly-by-night MMO like Wartune. Not this game!

[edit]Have to agree with Kitsushadow there.

Changed damage done by embedded projectiles to be affected by armor.

Ambiguity ftw ;) Is this for Acrid, Kunai.. maybe?

FIX Saryn " can be a good warframe, but i dont like those non ultimate powers, useless as F***, also make it invul to toxic "

I haven't used her in a while but I like Saryn's abilities, I agree she should have toxic invulnerablity/high-resistance and other abilities could still use some tweaks.

I Don't use Venom much anymore because of hitbox issues and with other well equipped players around you don't have time to detonate them (unless at high level defense or alone). Might test it out again with the update though.

Venom should detonate on death of enemy or have per rank percentage chance to detonate on enemy death IMO.

Edited by Frosty_2.0

yes nova need a nerf for its molecular prime....always in game i see 1 time ppl cast..all mob gone....but compare to other ultimate spell nvr did that...@@'' got 2 nova also can go far in defense....just need that spell and all wipe out

will u quit ur whining? god im tired of hearing about people complaining that nova needs a nerf. she's fine.

OK FOR MAG AND EMBER CHANGES......THANK GOD! finnaly fireball just sucked so bad it was worth only like 10 energy as for overheat nice needed that but i do think u should up the radius just a littte pinch.as for mad yay crush yay crush THANK GOD BULLETATTRACTER NEED SOME DMG! and sheild polarize......sorta sucks on offence a lot at some point i though they should make this thing cost 25 energy only really good as defence so plz add some dmg and defencive power 2 that ty.vabuan fixes......meh i shrug that aside and last as for nyx THANK GOD FOR BUFF ON ABOSRB as for those psycic bolts thanks i guess but......i HAVE 2 admit those things.....JUST SUCK they need A HUGE boost 2 DMG or lower the cost by LEASTE 25 THERE JUST HORRIBLE!i have some big thoughs on that pwr but ty for these changes warframe staff ;D

starting tomarrow every 2 days imma write a post on a single warframe and pwrs basicly thats it in a nutshell i just wanna let the administators know wat pwrs SUCK and which 1s need some nerfs or....for idk since u basicly got update 10 planned u proboly dont need any more changes so idk upfate 10.1/10.2?yeah basicly i wanna let u guys know some craetive thoughs from my friends and some ...adive/thoughs of mine for warframe pwrs :D HAVE A GOOD DAY!

great update except for this statement...

• Addition: If you find yourself saying "Now I wasted mods fusing up duplicate X because I can equip the same mod twice on Sentinel/etc." This will likely not be possible in the future so don't sell your duplicates!

please make up your mind, the new mod system is awesome, duplicates are boring,