[DE]Rebecca

Update 9.8

I will repost this here:

We officially have a new Mag and a new Volt!

You know what i am talking about - the lame dude and the useless chick. Except they are now called Vauban and Ember.

After some extensive hours of testing both on high level defense (including Void) and normal levelsi have the following to say:

Vauban:

This guy just became from one of the best, one of the extremely "meh...".

Quick comparison with 2 other frames considered "hight teir" - Nyx and Frost. Both Chaos and Globe abilities affect unlimited number of enemies. Chaos is effective towards every faction and not only renders the affected harmless to the teno and the pod for huge amounts of time, but deals variable amounts of damage. Snow Globe is effective against both Corpus and Grineer and it renders the pod completely invulnerable to enemy fire. yet none of those is or ever has been considered OP.

Bastille is very effective only against one faction comapared to the upper mentioned - the silly space zombies. Bastille was the sole reason for Vauban to be considered viable and wanted part of the team. And yes we can play without it (since it doesnt really exist anymore on high level play, but just like Volt before, we can only rely on our gear and... well none of our abilities. (tesla and bounce do nothing against anything after lvl 20 and Vortex's effectiveness is... questionable to say the least.

And all of this after you guys specifically promised us you will not nerf Vauban (and Nova) but rather would bring the other frames that were lacking up to par. Wich is quite easy to explane since breaking one well working and perfectly ballanced warframe is much easier way of putting them all on one level than working on the other dozen that lack.

Ember:

Aster introducing you to the new Volt i would like you to meet new Mag.

Yes, Ember is that bad now. As a relatevely slow/squishy frame for one that is supposed to get close and personal with the enemy as her abilities suggest. She had one power that was actually any good - Overheat. Since all her damege powers were completely unable to deal almost any damage, she at lest had some way to protect herself for very limited amount of time.

May i remind you Overheat was lightyears away from the effectiveness of Ironskin since it didn't granted us invulnerability to knockdown or to stun and still allowed us to get killed very easily. And therefore i believe i was not the only one who expected changes in this direction making it at lest a decent defense power, since it goes for such short time. So again you've done excatly the opposite of what made any sense and have rendered another frame bad. The damage dealer that doesn't deal damage now also has no defence.

All of this is of course a stricly personal opinion and coms from my experieance. That doesn't make any of true or a viable position. It's one guys opinion and mainly goes for high levels (no level 70 is not concidered high).

• Upvote 1

There is still an Ash Glitch with Bladestorm, I used it then i was stuck at Bladestorm mode and floating xD 

But thanks for Saryn Changes just got her.

THERE IS NO POINT PLAYING VAUBAN IF YOU CAN'T TROLL WITH VORTEX. GOODBYE VAUBAN, YOU WERE FUN WHILE YOU LASTED.

Q______________Q

Ember's overheat got nerfed? So long ember you were a nice tank while you lasted.

Mag? nah thats ok.

BUT THE THING IS YOU TOOK AWAY TROLLBAN. BRING TROLLBAN BACK.

/BUTTHURT

Edited by Tenyu
  • Upvote 2

oh and also:

6 Sept 2013 - 11:16 PM, said

"Vauban is great! I need him!" - buys him for Plat.

"Nova is great! I need her!" - buuys her for Plat

Vauban is no longer a source of income, since Nova came out and Necro is near, so DE can nerf him.

"Necro is great! I need him!" - buys him for Plat.

Nova is no longer a source of income, since Necro came out and XXX is near, so DE can nerf her.

"XXX is great! I need him!" - buys him for Plat.

Necro is no longer a source of income, since XXX came out and YYY is near, so DE can nerf him.

Repeat.

Edited by zombaio

• Added embedded damage radius to projectiles.
  • Changed damage done by embedded projectiles to be affected by armor.

Ok, as about, what, 5 have stated, we have no clue as to this component of the HF Update.  So, does this pertain to Bolt type Primaries And/Or Serrated Blade/AI Sidearms??  If so, do we now have a certain hit damage radius that has been extended beyond just the point-to-point projectile gun to impaction site line? 

OR, is this the AR change we have all been waiting for and all Serrated Blade/AI/etc. dam types are effected now by Armor and has anyone confirmed this??!!

Edited by Krokar

Nyx Skill2 50en 150x6

Ash Skill1 25en 500x2

Nova Skill1 25en 200x6

Look at those pure dps skills comparison, NYX's still the poorest among all. Consume more energy with less dmg which accuracy is worse than those of two.

Nyx needless any dmg buff but special effect (like temporarily crazy) on target who get hit is considerable.

Angius, on 07 Sept 2013 - 04:16 AM, said:snapback.png

6 Sept 2013 - 11:16 PM, said

"Vauban is great! I need him!" - buys him for Plat.

"Nova is great! I need her!" - buuys her for Plat

Vauban is no longer a source of income, since Nova came out and Necro is near, so DE can nerf him.

"Necro is great! I need him!" - buys him for Plat.

Nova is no longer a source of income, since Necro came out and XXX is near, so DE can nerf her.

"XXX is great! I need him!" - buys him for Plat.

Necro is no longer a source of income, since XXX came out and YYY is near, so DE can nerf him.

Repeat.

He knew the devs' marketing well.

• Upvote 1

So, i ran some quick tests on Trinity, focusing on Energy Vampire, since the chages don't seem to add up and i found two, in my opinion, severe problems with the new skill.

- The first problem is, when the targeted enemy dies, every pulse left is lost.

This reduces the effect of the skill more often than not by 50%-75%.

If you are grouped up with a trigger happy bunch, or you all have a bunch of Sentinels with potatoed weapons, or your group has massive AoE-clearing potential, the skill becomes next to useless.

Since communication is unfortunatly not the strength of the Warframe community, it next to impossible to make them understand how this mechanic works, if they are not familiar with Trinity themself.

Fazit:

The mechanic is now extremely counterintuitive.

I suddenly wants people NOT to shoot at the bright glowing enemy.

This get's even more counterintuitive, when you consider that glowing enemies are usually begging to be fired on, like with Banshees Sonar, Novas Molecular Prime or Trinities very own Well of Life.

- The second Problem is, extending the duration of skills now hurts Energy vampire immensly.

I think EV is now the only skill, which can actively made less effective, by mods.

It get's even more crazy when you consider that every other skill of Trinity benefits greatly and thus encourages extending duration.

Edited by Walkampf
  • Upvote 1

Trinity was nerfed...

Now I can't restore energy in massive fight, cause Energy Vampire... so useless...

In massive fight enemy unit lifetime is between ~0-5 seconds.

To restore 50 energy without mod Focus (if Constitution, Continuity and Aura helmet are equipped(4 energy pulses for the duration of the skill, one every quarter of the ~16 seconds duration)) I need 8 seconds.

Sometimes I restore 0 energy. Enemy unit die before first pulse come.

So I have only 2 ways to go, ask allies not to use their ultimate skills, or don't use any skills.

Nice...

Good bye... You was may best warframe. RIP... 

:'-(

P.s As for me, it's better to use energy vampire on myself, after blessing. i accept to be stunned for the duration. This can make energy vampire and Trinity much more usefull than now. Unfortunately this is not possible

Edited by VeryLittleDevil
  • Upvote 1

Guys, I missed what about "Indicated items in the Gear area of the Market are being retired in a later update - Last Chance!"? I should buy tonns of ammo boxes now? Or what? Will it be "retired" from my inventory too? Will we get something usefull instead of ammo boxes? Or it be redesigned? Or... what? What we should expect?

I didn't expect so many warframe players to be so inflexible about their play style...

Anyway, nice update.

Edited by _Tiamat_

• You may notice that mods you have equipped in a weapon are in your options for customization in other weapons. You no longer need to remove the mod from weapon X to equip in weapon Y, it will appear in the UI for you now.

This is the best thing ever! I could only be more happy if you released detailed in-game stats!

we should make a petition to brings basteline and ember abilities back

Yeah we should. PM me if we ever do that. A lot of ember fans DON"T like these changes at all.

I usually don't have a problem with the UI itself, other than being able to click through the chat box and activate a mission while I am trying to navigate it, but this latest update really messed things up.

Now, when I click on an alert to check the reward, I am immediately told "Session unavailable".  When I cancel the alert, I can not click on any mission. This is not fixed until I quit. Logging out only leave the Back and Zoom Out buttons on the login screen, and trying to login brings "Session unavailable" error. WTF?!? I can no longer play any missions, not even set to Private.  :(  Please fix!!!

So confused about the retiring of ammo boxes... Why? Are they overpowered? Does the ability to replenish ammo during a firefight give players some sort of game-breaking edge in combat?

Unless I'm missing something, the only other way to boost your ammunition in-game is to use the mutation mods. But let's be honest: who in their right mind wants to sacrifice performance or damage mods in favor of ammo mutation?

This one really baffles me. I sincerely hope there is a viable replacement coming down the pipe if these are being removed from the game.

Just chiming in to say...

The mod change? So I don't have to move mods to a weapon/frame every time I switch?

Absolutely game changing. I love it. Thank you. :o

• Upvote 1

Good thing I just potatoed my Vauban, because now I don't want to play him.  And this isn't about Bastille.

Edited by 0piuM

Hmm ... what was done to Mag? Why bots after use of her first ability "Pull" become.... immortal 0_0? Until they do not start to get up (Until they in "ragdoll")....