The woes of dealing with the daily standing cap

Antiphoton

15 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

yeah it sucks. just like having 99 traces. when trying to farm for a prime part: we've all been there at some point.

Yeah, the difference is that those three gems require a recipe that can only be purchased from the rank 4 rewards. With the daily standing cap, it will be several days before we can get them. 

Oh well, I'm really enjoying the rest of the update ^^

Edit: one of them requires rank 4, the others 2 and 3.

Edited by Antiphoton

31 minutes ago, Antiphoton said:

Yeah, the difference is that those three gems require a recipe that can only be purchased from the rank 4 rewards. With the daily standing cap, it will be several days before we can get them. 

Oh well, I'm really enjoying the rest of the update ^^

Edit: one of them requires rank 4, the others 2 and 3.

That better be changed. Locking a frame being basically “completing Fortune” is BS of a very high caliber.

I think this is the thing that will finally get a reputation tweak through. We've needed one for a while, but at this point, it is just getting to be less a thing to look forward to, like a Warframe crafting, and more a daily chore that stops me from doing the other parts of the enjoyable new content I want to play with, like the fact that raising alert level and hanging out for a long time in a Vallis base actually gets kind of enjoyable and difficult to just survive the onslaught trying to get Toroids to the point where I am farming Toroids for fun to justify the 2 hours I just spent fighting the constantly scaling hordes in a chaotic S#&$ storm of death and carnage.

1 hour ago, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

Took me weeks to get Khora

Well, we still need to farm Fortuna bounties to get her parts besides getting rep to level our standing to rank four. I got all mine in my first try of each one, and saw a report of another player stating the same. Maybe it's rigged in our favor, but the wiki says they aren't guaranteed. 

23 minutes ago, squirrel_killer- said:

trying to get Toroids

This was very enjoyable, yes. It's the kind of gameplay I wished for for a long time. 

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

That better be changed. Locking a frame being basically “completing Fortune” is BS of a very high caliber.

Something good has to be at the end so I don't really think it matters where Garuda is as long as there's something good at every rank.

38 minutes ago, squirrel_killer- said:

I think this is the thing that will finally get a reputation tweak through. We've needed one for a while, but at this point, it is just getting to be less a thing to look forward to, like a Warframe crafting, and more a daily chore that stops me from doing the other parts of the enjoyable new content I want to play with, like the fact that raising alert level and hanging out for a long time in a Vallis base actually gets kind of enjoyable and difficult to just survive the onslaught trying to get Toroids to the point where I am farming Toroids for fun to justify the 2 hours I just spent fighting the constantly scaling hordes in a chaotic S#&$ storm of death and carnage.

Also yes.  Exactly this. Mechanically powerful enemies > Numerically powerful enemies

1 minute ago, Solarsyphon said:

Also yes.  Exactly this. Mechanically powerful enemies > Numerically powerful enemies

Best enemy design in a long time. I feel threatened. I feel alive. I was laughing as my party was dying around me today with friends and I was dodging and jumping and fleeing and re-positioning just trying to keep standing. It is amazing to be struggling at level 60 content when I normally crush level 100+ content like it is nothing.

8 minutes ago, Solarsyphon said:

Something good has to be at the end so I don't really think it matters where Garuda is as long as there's something good at every rank.

Locking a frame behind potentially MONTHS of effort is a huge middle finger to anyone even considering go for it.

2 minutes ago, Solarsyphon said:

Shrug what about frames on the high level planets where you'll have to clear most of the star chart and quests.

At least those frames don't require materials locked behind Syndicate and other forms of reputation. Imagine if, in order to build pretty much any Primed thing, you had to get blueprints for Orokin cells, but the only way to get it was to reach max rank in Conclave.

Am I the only one who thinks this is ok. First of all you have a free game. Then you have all content free. Then you complain you can't get all fresh new content for free RIGHT NOW. I mean... not that you won't get it. But you want it NOW. Isn't this the exact mentality of the new generation? You know DE have Garuda for plat, they put that option for you if you feel that rushed to have everything on the spot and not working your way to it. 

There is a big picture with a lot of consideration to it. If they put new content that can be acquired easily in just few days most of you will just grind for a day or two. Play the new stuff for another day and leave until next big update. If they put new content locked behind pay wall or months of grind you will get discouraged and leave the game as well. With few balance tweaks here and there game is just perfect as there is. 

The blueprint parts of Garuda are easily acquired. I got all mine in an hour. Bare in mind that doing the bonus objective on each stage of bounty gives you additional reward of the same drop table pool. A bounty with 3 stages is pretty much 6 rewards and double standing if done correctly with secondary objectives completed. Now... when you need to delay a newly released frame for few days just to justify the platinum cost for insta buying it but you had to do it right - this is the way. When they release primes we have to grind RNG drops on exact needed relics first, then go through RNG of opening relics and pray that even with 4 man rad squad the rares will drop fast. Bad RNG can drag this for weeks, months, depending on your play time. With Garuda it is the oposite. RNG is brought down to bare minimum, parts being uncommon drop, with Bounties giving two rewards on each stage if you do secondaries... well... these crafted resources are the only reason we won't see 1 milion Garudas running around exactly 4 days after the new update.

6 minutes ago, Didoguard said:

Am I the only one who thinks this is ok. First of all you have a free game. Then you have all content free. Then you complain you can't get all fresh new content for free RIGHT NOW. I mean... not that you won't get it. But you want it NOW. Isn't this the exact mentality of the new generation? You know DE have Garuda for plat, they put that option for you if you feel that rushed to have everything on the spot and not working your way to it. 

There is a big picture with a lot of consideration to it. If they put new content that can be acquired easily in just few days most of you will just grind for a day or two. Play the new stuff for another day and leave until next big update. If they put new content locked behind pay wall or months of grind you will get discouraged and leave the game as well. With few balance tweaks here and there game is just perfect as there is. 

The blueprint parts of Garuda are easily acquired. I got all mine in an hour. Bare in mind that doing the bonus objective on each stage of bounty gives you additional reward of the same drop table pool. A bounty with 3 stages is pretty much 6 rewards and double standing if done correctly with secondary objectives completed. Now... when you need to delay a newly released frame for few days just to justify the platinum cost for insta buying it but you had to do it right - this is the way. When they release primes we have to grind RNG drops on exact needed relics first, then go through RNG of opening relics and pray that even with 4 man rad squad the rares will drop fast. Bad RNG can drag this for weeks, months, depending on your play time. With Garuda it is the oposite. RNG is brought down to bare minimum, parts being uncommon drop, with Bounties giving two rewards on each stage if you do secondaries... well... these crafted resources are the only reason we won't see 1 milion Garudas running around exactly 4 days after the new update.

Except for the slight problem that arises when you lock materials for a new frame behind reputation with a certain faction, then cap attainable rep. It is incredibly annoying for the players and makes the Devs look lazy.

1 hour ago, squirrel_killer- said:

like the fact that raising alert level and hanging out for a long time in a Vallis base actually gets kind of enjoyable and difficult to just survive the onslaught trying to get Toroids to the point where I am farming Toroids for fun to justify the 2 hours I just spent fighting the constantly scaling hordes in a chaotic S#&$ storm of death and carnage.

The way enemies scale in Orb Vallis is what i would like to have in Survivals. After staying at The Pearl in Orb Vallis for about 25 - 30 Mins with the 4 Reinforcements Beacons active Solo, the enemies were at lvl 90 - 100 which is extremely fast because the Starting level is 10 - 30. The way the enemies were spawning there made me use all of my Weapons since there was Jackal, Icemier Hyena, Scyto Raknoid, Rabbleback Hyena, Embattor Moa, and Raptors as examples. There were spawning in with Nullifier Bubbles, getting Bombarded by Raptors, Embattor Moa, and Turrets, and one of the Raknoids would appear Randomly which can take a beating after lvl 80+ but not too much, and some of the enemies like the Terra Provisor flies around high enough to make Melee more difficult. When i was near lvl 100, the enemies decided to stop Spawning and all of the Reinforcement Beacon signals went away. 

After that, I died once from a lvl 98 Turrets because i casted Hysteria too late.

Edited by VPrime96

22 minutes ago, Didoguard said:

It’s not ok, because 2 frames that require the same method of acquirement (Gara Revenant) require significantly less effort and time put in. It’s one thing to require 1-2 weeks of effort for something, but when you’re progress is forcibly stopped by standing caps, it’s just insulting.

It's an incredibly arbitrary and stupid system. If I have an hour every day to play it means I can max out the Standing 7 times per week, but if I have 7 hours to burn once a week I only get to max it out once.

Same amount of playtime but for some reason one way is arbitrarily punished by DE. 

1 hour ago, MudShadow said:

To be fair the game gives you the options on how you want to play. If you don't want to spend everyday farming rep then farm Riven mods, or blueprints sell them for plat and buy what you want from the Store.

It's not just Garuda though. All things bound to standing of any kind suffer the same problem, especially customisable stuff like Zaws or Kitguns. Take, for example, the Rattleguts chamber for Kitguns. Basically a machine pistol, however, to get it you need to have Venerdo Alloy, which to get the blueprint for it you need to be an outworlder in terms of standing, which in turn requires you to farm 5000 standing and 13 Training bonds. That means, to be able to make a Rattleguts mechanism, you need to farm 7500 standing, a bunch of materials(including Venerol), a bunch of credits, and be an Outworlder in terms of reputation. And unlike Garuda, there is no way to buy what you want directly without relying on RNG.

Edited by Kerberos-3

37 minutes ago, Vyviel said:

Can someone explain why its even there? For a game that is all about grinding it seems to punish people who actually grind a lot of stuff by putting in a system to artifically slow them down.

To keep people logging in everyday.

That is the first step for the game to make money. It needs players to log in regularly. The game making money Is also what contributes to more updates and free content.