Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is There A Reason Why A Lot Of Frames Got Nerfed, But The Main Problem Didn't?

lronPatriot

I noticed in current update a lot of Warframes got nerfed, but i find it funny how the main "Problem" Nova wasn't looked at. I seen about 20 Nerf Nova threads and not one thread of nerfing Ember. So what's with the pattern lately, when U8 came Banshee was nerfed to make room for Vauban. Now Nova came then nerfed Vauban. Will Nova get nerfed after Necro comes? Is this the pattern?  My suggestion is don't do this. It's not a good business deal. I'm sure to you guys it makes sense to make the new frames stand out from the crowd so they buy them, but in the long run it makes players not want to buy them because they know for a fact once the new frame comes it will get nerfed. If you want to sell Warframes make a good bundle with exclusive limited time non stat alt helms, or Affinity Bundles. Don't straight up make them better then the rest and then nerfed them.

Yes that is the pattern, DE trows good stuff so you buy it, it must be good otherwise players won't bother, after that the nerf is applied.

Nerf for nova is comming and in the end, it's fair.

They get some money from plat purchases and nova is rebalanced, everybody wins.

I'm still not sure how will they fix the molecular prime.

Yes that is the pattern, DE trows good stuff so you buy it, it must be good otherwise players won't bother, after that the nerf is applied.

That's not a good business plan. Soon a lot people will eventually get tired of it, makes their hard earned money a bit useless.

nova doesn't have dibs on all enemies - the one who starts the chain reaction gets the kills. done.

you know, nova is still new. they still need to put time on research about how to make nova's ability more "fair". vauban released long before nova, so they did him first.

and also, nerf isn't the only thing de do. they buff many frames, more than nerf things. but hey, we don't need to know about de good side here, right? we only want to know the bad side. nice.

I miss the old Bastille. This update made Vauban worthless for defense past wave 15. Ember's Fire blast and Flame Skin are now worthless because they don't do what they were supposed to. Fire skin  allowed you to get close in on ancients, now it turns you into a target. And Fire blast turned into the size of a porta potty instead of the tornado of death i had.

you know, nova is still new. they still need to put time on research about how to make nova's ability more "fair". vauban released long before nova, so they did him first.

and also, nerf isn't the only thing de do. they buff many frames, more than nerf things. but hey, we don't need to know about de good side here, right? we only want to know the bad side. nice.

I know they have a good side. I never said let's flame DE, but i will say let's keep them in check. After all this is beta feedback section. They do many good things such as Auras giving you points instead of draining, they work hard, etc. But like all companies they need feedback from their audience to keep them in track. I don't want this to be the pattern.

I noticed in current update a lot of Warframes got nerfed, but i find it funny how the main "Problem" Nova wasn't looked at. I seen about 20 Nerf Nova threads and not one thread of nerfing Ember. So what's with the pattern lately, when U8 came Banshee was nerfed to make room for Vauban. Now Nova came then nerfed Vauban. Will Nova get nerfed after Necro comes? Is this the pattern?  My suggestion is don't do this. It's not a good business deal. I'm sure to you guys it makes sense to make the new frames stand out from the crowd so they buy them, but in the long run it makes players not want to buy them because they know for a fact once the new frame comes it will get nerfed. If you want to sell Warframes make a good bundle with exclusive limited time non stat alt helms, or Affinity Bundles. Don't straight up make them better then the rest and then nerfed them.

Ember's numbers are not even listed (to the best of my knowledge), but everyone is screaming "nerf!". For all we know, it may have been a 5-10% drop instead of this "rape" that everyone is complaining about. Even with the change, it may be a wicked powerful power. How about waiting until they are released before crying?

As for the release, nerf, release, nerf: I've not been here long enough to see this cycle yet. Banshee lost the invulnerability on ultimate, but everyone did. They didn't want invulnerability in any form (it seems).

Lastly, just because they lowered something...that does not mean nerfed. If Electric Shield had duration lowered by a few seconds, that's not a nerf. If Electric Shield was set to only last a few seconds, then it's a nerf. If an ability is brought into the floor and well beyond any logical use....it's nerfed. Slight ups and downs are not nerfs, it's balancing.

-Hate

While I am a bit sad Ember can't tank anymore, I'm a little happy they increased the damage output on Overheat/Flame Skin. But yeah, Ember was underrated enough by some players. This nerf could upset that even more. However, as long as World on Fire still does good damage, I'm not complaining since I tend to use that more than any of her other abilities.

The only reason why people call nerf for nova because they can see it.  They can see the damage meter at end and rage.

They didn't notice the survival of ember and trinity/god mode.  People look at damage done and not damage taken.

Edited by Pure

The only reason why people call nerf for nova because they can see it.  They can see the damage meter at end and rage.

They didn't notice the survival of ember and trinity/god mode.  People look at damage done and not damage taken.

She doesn't need to survive when she can insta kill anything.

She doesn't need to survive when she can insta kill anything.

Thing is, she can't: at the level most people equate to some form of "end game" MP is usefull for it's slow and damage buff.

Looks like your a troll account though, so I won't be convincing you of anything.

Edited by Keltik0ne

Nova is the main problem... LOL! How is Nova any type of problem?

Well for starters, she drops the game difficulty from "cool, sometimes challenging" to "OLOLOLO I KILLS ONE ENEMY ,ALL EXPLODES!!11" which is quite below "tutorial"-level.

It also doesn't help, that in every group are around one to three Novas. Makes most matches into an nice holyday on the desktop ,because there's nothing to do.

Last but not least, it takes the feeling out of the game.

Pre-lady-nukeallot it was "A group of space Ninja are fighting through hordes of enemies and get S#&$ done."

Now it's " See that horde of enemies? With one button they are ,de facto, one enemy with more firepower but no health. And now he's gone." Not quite thrilling fighting vs. single Targets instead of a massive force.

And now have fun burning me for heresy.

Ember Overheat -> Nerfed, useless

Ember fireblast -> still useless

Saryn Venom ->Stealth nerfed, useless

Mag Pull =>nerfed, braindead power

THANKS FOR ADDING NEW USELESS POWER DE!

I LOVE IT!

Edited by adcap

Thing is, she can't: at the level most people equate to some form of "end game" MP is usefull for it's slow and damage buff.

Looks like your a troll account though, so I won't be convincing you of anything.

Most people don't equate 35 waves into defense as endgame. That is attitude that is only common here on the forum. In the game itself, most players equate endgame to T3 void. There isn't really any noticeable ingame benefit to doing more than 15 waves of defense anyway, after that you start getting diminishing returns in terms of the amount of effort you put in and the reward you get out of it.

Mag Pull =>nerfed, useless

I LOVE IT!

How was Mag's Pull nerfed? If anything it was overbuffed.

Mag Pull =>nerfed, useless

I LOVE IT!

ahahhahahahhahahahahha So pull is the strongest power in the game right now, thanks for playing the game before posting.

Can't affect team-mates. The only 'use' it had was pulling trolls into extraction.

You used to be able to pull downed teammates toward you as well. But with it being AoE now, it definitely should no longer work on teammates. Overall I think Pull has been buffed, perhaps too much.

You used to be able to pull downed teammates toward you as well. But with it being AoE now, it definitely should no longer work on teammates. Overall I think Pull has been buffed, perhaps too much.

I don't know about you, but my entire experience with Pull has been:

*acrid spat* *acrid spat* *acrid spat* *miss* *miss* ... "Why the F*** is the ancient in my face??!!!"

I don't know about you, but my entire experience with Pull has been:

*acrid spat* *acrid spat* *acrid spat* *miss* *miss* ... "Why the F*** is the ancient in my face??!!!"

Crazy idea don't pull a Toxic

Before tonight I did what I nickname the Cuddle pile, Pull+Orthos = everything dead at Mag's feet.

Tonight you just pull and everything dies, I can see them hotfixing it tomorrow.