Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need a reporting option for players who AFK in PoE and Orb Vallis

Kalthos

1 hour ago, Kalthos said:

theres no vote kick option or reporting option for afk players leeching.

This has been discussed numerous times

vote kick will not implemented and reporting for afk exist at support, this happens because the report requires proof and detailed explanation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-11-11 at 1:49 AM, KIREEK said:

This has been discussed numerous times

vote kick will not implemented and reporting for afk exist at support, this happens because the report requires proof and detailed explanation.

If the feature was in game would they not be able to send player data in the report from the session? i.e. if the player in question moved at all or came within 1000m of a bounty stage? 

I see lots of threads on this issue it's clearly having an adverse effect on the experience of many tenno. I haven't seen a DE response. If you are aware of an occasion where DE has commented on the issue I would appreciate if you would link it. 

2 hours ago, fallinimbus said:

If the feature was in game would they not be able to send player data in the report from the session? i.e. if the player in question moved at all or came within 1000m of a bounty stage? 

I see lots of threads on this issue it's clearly having an adverse effect on the experience of many tenno. I haven't seen a DE response. If you are aware of an occasion where DE has commented on the issue I would appreciate if you would link it. 

fishing in bouties, killing while an ability is on makes that data pointless, players are killing and moving, but they might be avoiding the objective and may be afk.

14 hours ago, KIREEK said:

fishing in bouties, killing while an ability is on makes that data pointless, players are killing and moving, but they might be avoiding the objective and may be afk.

How does that make the data pointless?  

To take one example many of the afk's I see don't come anywhere near the bounty stages. Just because it may take some effort to capture all scenarios doesn't mean that basic user reporting should not be in the game client to act as a deterrent. Even if it only deters the most blatant of afks. 

The game client is already capable of taking screenshots and reports allow you to fill in details. Preventing players from reporting afk players inside the game is a major deterrent to reporting at all. It may be the case that DE just can't justify the support resources given the sheer size of the problem compared to the revenue the game generates.

On 2018-11-10 at 9:21 PM, (XB1)Erudite God said:

What's the issue, really? There isn't any difficult content in either areas. If you really need help for some reason, use recruitment chat. 

It's not about difficulty. It's about you feeling entitled enough to get rewards for everyone else's effort. That is leeching, by definition, which is against the terms of use.

12 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

if a player does not participate in a bounty they should receive none of the rewards for any of the stages they dont help with and should they miss 2 stages consecutively while they are on the map it should remove them from the squad.

This is a beautiful solution. It demands effort and handles the problem automatically.

Now, I might suggest a limitation based on common scenarios though. Between maxed out Zenurik and Naramon waybounds, and Itzal Blink, I can often finish certain objectives before people even have a chance to get there (especially if I'm hosting and the others haven't fully loaded in). It might be a good idea to only apply the automated negative effects if half the team or more was present at the objective when it was completed. That way speedsters don't screw over their whole party every run.

If more than half of your team consistently isn't coming to mission objectives then there is a whole other problem on that team. Lol.

Edited by (PS4)Riko_113

45 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

if a player does not participate in a bounty they should receive none of the rewards for any of the stages they dont help with and should they miss 2 stages consecutively while they are on the map it should remove them from the squad.

And how would you measure participation?

Some people can just blink to the next objective in a second while you are still running up. You not being there in the start is not participating?

Some could bring a hard nuker with the most meta setup possible and claim all kills leaving you zero to get. You not being able to kill or deal damage is not participation?

You bringing a support oriented frame like trinity to an ediolon hunt or anywhere and getting the lowest numbers are participation or not?

Theres only two way to fix this issue. You deal with it.

OR

DE force teleports everybody into the bounty area upon accepting it, closes down the area in a forcefield what doesnt let you leave, disables all minigame based looting and damages everybody who doesnt move every 10 sec, also puts in an enemy only killable by one of the players for each player present.Upon completion once again teleporting to next part.

33 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

And how would you measure participation?

I would say being within a set radius of the objective could be enough, on the milder side of things. As you've mentioned not everyone is specifically a damage dealer or can compete with board wiping Frames. The effort of at least moving to a location that puts you in harms way is often sufficient to prevent you from going afk at least.

35 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

DE force teleports everybody into the bounty area upon accepting it, closes down the area in a forcefield what doesnt let you leave, disables all minigame based looting and damages everybody who doesnt move every 10 sec, also puts in an enemy only killable by one of the players for each player present.Upon completion once again teleporting to next part.

I actually don't entirely hate this idea. Lol.

The teleports should probably be initiated by one teammate reaching the location first though then provide a timed prompt to accept teleport. If you do not accept the prompt or enter the radius in time you are locked out of the rewards. There could also be an issue with players being inadequately geared to handle the enemy designated to them depending on how difficult it is.

Orb Vallis introduced yet another level of complexity to the situation about participating or not. Certain bounties require the team to kill a number of enemies (or a subset like MOAs) or collect an amount of credits before the timer expires. Many players often run (usually by archwing) to different parts of the map to do those as staying in one place may slower the process because of spawn rates - not to mention that there is a motivation to go to the "special" areas of Orb Vallis for those objectives i.e. the Temple, Labs and Spaceport. There is no set "bounty area" in this case, and players can be participating in the objective even when being literally at different edges of the map.

if a player afk's the system already detects it with the current afk anti-meassures.

we just need them to add a punishment for people in "public" games that go fishing/mining while a bountie is active, thats really all. there's not much you could be doing otherwise anyway. (maybe just let them get no drops from fishing/mining while a bountie is active in a public game? whould be enough imo)

if someone goes fishing/mining in a private game, then thats on the people in the game to handle. they probably agreed to that beforehand, we certainly do this from time to time.                          

Edited by iHaku

3 hours ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

It's not about difficulty. It's about you feeling entitled enough to get rewards for everyone else's effort. That is leeching, by definition, which is against the terms of use.

This is a beautiful solution. It demands effort and handles the problem automatically.

Now, I might suggest a limitation based on common scenarios though. Between maxed out Zenurik and Naramon waybounds, and Itzal Blink, I can often finish certain objectives before people even have a chance to get there (especially if I'm hosting and the others haven't fully loaded in). It might be a good idea to only apply the automated negative effects if half the team or more was present at the objective when it was completed. That way speedsters don't screw over their whole party every run.

If more than half of your team consistently isn't coming to mission objectives then there is a whole other problem on that team. Lol.

that limitation could be a 30s-1m delay before each stage once the first person enters mission area to allow everyone to reach it which it then starts instantly.

52 minutes ago, Chaemyerelis said:

I have never had this issue with people. 😕

the only time lve seen  people do their own thing is when you just drop into POE or OV from the starchart.

just a moment ago i loaded a t4 bounty in cetus the first person that joined went straight to a cave to mine. during the first stage i told him if he stays there ill host migrate that i dont tolerate leechers. no response, continued to mine me and one other person left.

2 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

just a moment ago i loaded a t4 bounty in cetus the first person that joined went straight to a cave to mine. during the first stage i told him if he stays there ill host migrate that i dont tolerate leechers. no response, continued to mine me and one other person left.

☹ that sucks. 

I think we should implement vote to kick system like elder scrolls online or CSGO. In CSGO if you are kicked from the game, you won't be able to play with the others that are participating in the match you were kicked from (correct me if I'm wrong, a friend who is a CSGO vet told me that a couple of weeks back)

1 hour ago, arm_man26 said:

I think we should implement vote to kick system like elder scrolls online or CSGO. In CSGO if you are kicked from the game, you won't be able to play with the others that are participating in the match you were kicked from (correct me if I'm wrong, a friend who is a CSGO vet told me that a couple of weeks back) 

You are using the weapon/frame/companion/skill/augment/fashion/name i dont like!

"Votekick initiated"

Player @arm_man26 has been kicked.

Also dont forget that for reporting based systems the developers tend to use the lazymode handling what means that once you reach X report you get autobanned.