Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lower the Amber Star BP Credit Cost

MetalGrayFox

Hi DE,

Please look into the credit cost of crafting amber stars. At the moment this is 100k credits, this is the entire credit reward from a sortie. As we are likely to get an anasa sculpture from sortie, crafting 2 stars to fill this is 200k, essentially making the sortie credit reward redundant. 

I understand there has to be some high costs involved to avoid market influx, however with 2 vitus essence already in the build cost, I don't believe the excessively high credit cost is necessary. 

Arbitration credit reward is 50k, so completing arbitration once would not allow you to craft an amber star. This is literally ridiculous, as if there is not enough farming already to do with the addition of Fortuna along with older content. 

Please take into consideration people do have lives outside of Warframe, to be honest credits in general are entirely unnecessary (why would you pay your foundry credits to build you something??? You own your foundry, the credits should come back to you surely?). 

Anyway, I hope to see some changes which don't require hours of farming the Index for credits (and only credits since nothing else useful drops from the index). 

As with all things in WARFRAME, there are a few ways to go about getting things done.

Either you play the game, trade for everything, or buy what you want with plat. 

If you are buying everything, then buying statues with stars in them is no big deal as there are those who have them and will sell. 

If you are playing and rushing through the mission to get to the end, you are likely to not get the stars as they are needed to be gotten out of containers and lockers. But you are getting the credits from finishing up.

The BP is there for those who have much credits but not much in the way of getting the stars. They are high end, once in a while, pop em out craft items. If you are making them more than finding them in missions, then it is the better way to go. If you are not able to make them AND/OR find them, then you should look into ways to get more credits or more stars. Might take longer...but the game is not going anywhere (knocks on closest source of wood).

Hek, I was not able to get the Resource BP or get to play Fortuna for a while but it will be available sooner than later. Take the time to find a way to enjoy what you DO have access to and find a way to make it work out for you. 

Hope it stays fun no matter what you do 

Am ‎11‎.‎11‎.‎2018 um 03:48 schrieb MetalGrayFox:

Anyway, I hope to see some changes which don't require hours of farming the Index for credits (and only credits since nothing else useful drops from the index). 

When you play "hours" of High Risc Index you can craft that juicy stars AND throw away your orbiter to buy a yacht. Farming millions in a reasonable periot of time isn't that big deal. Especially when you're lucky to get a credit booster as login reward.

On 2018-11-11 at 3:20 AM, Voltage said:

The high cost is intentionally high to discourage usage of said blueprint unless in a pinch. This is true for Orokin Cells, Neurodes, Neural Sensors, Sentient Cores, and now Ayatan Amber Stars.

Fair point, however they cost 15k credits to make, so not really the same value. Also, if it is thought this is high, then again, it should be reviewed to be lowered. In addition to this, players get to a point where your mentioned resources mentioned are not really needed. In contrast to this, endo is almost always needed (new mods, new primed mods, new rivens). Also, the resources you've mentioned are obtainable from enemies, and so despite never actively farming them, I have a sufficient amount of them. Stars on the other hand insist you go out of your way if you wish to pick them up in a mission. 
Also, we have a 2-layer resource farm, firstly farm the statue, then farm the stars. My issue is the statues are currently more easily obtained than the stars, and the cost of the stars is not justifiable imo. 

On 2018-11-11 at 4:11 AM, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

Hope it stays fun no matter what you do 

Thank you, this is not really an issue for me per se, personally I can do all of the options you have presented, however if a player is not in my position of having copious amounts of platinum/time/credits and the freedom to craft what is released immediately then this is really just a useless addition to the game. 

Also, the cost of the amber star requires vitus essence x2, so yes you can hope to get lucky for an excavation arbitration to farm a tonne of these, otherwise again a player is locked out from crafting a basic item and forced to run a tedious long mission to obtain a resource. It is just very boring for a casual player is where I am going with this. If the point of the BP was a response/fix to players saying they want another way to obtain amber stars, the BP should be a lot simpler to craft. 

22 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

You're better off just breezing through a map to get 1 - 3 amber stars in a few mins than wasting so many resources and time for 1 amber star. It's just incredibly inefficient.

Yes, this was what I was trying to say - I agree with you, I just don't think a BP should be inferior to the current way of getting the resource. It has next to no functionality as an alternative to the usual grind at this point. 

22 hours ago, Birkenhoff said:

When you play "hours" of High Risc Index you can craft that juicy stars AND throw away your orbiter to buy a yacht. Farming millions in a reasonable periot of time isn't that big deal. Especially when you're lucky to get a credit booster as login reward.

Similarly I could spend hours running through missions to obtain amber stars. My point is, a BP should be so I don't need to spend hours running through a mission to get what I need, especially after hours spent getting the statues in the first place.