Controller customization issue on console (minor)

(PSN)RalixTanner

Not sure if this has been brought up before but then again it's more of minor issue as it's isolated to the Orbiter and Hub Locations in the game, on console.
When you use the custom button layout to change the inputs, there is not an option to change the chat input option which makes whatever has been assigned to L2 under the general tab unusable. In my personal case when when using a PS4 controller i prefer to use the top shoulder buttons L1 and R1 to aim and fire, while using L2 and R2 for sliding and abilities. Because the chat button can't be remapped I'm left unable to utilize full movement (sliding and crouch jumps for their speed) in the hub locations of the game.
Any chance for an option to remap the chat button as well?

AHA! a fellow Shoulder shooter! Me too, gotta love using those little clickers to fire, much faster to tap than the full pull Triggers.

Yeah honestly Warframe has some really awkward movement combos -sliding and bullet jumping- that aren't really meant for PS4 controllers; at least not for any PS4 controller setup in the Traditional FPS mindset.

It' super bizzaro to need to have one of the triggers/shoulders as a Movement control; we all know those are supposed to be on the thumbstick r3 and X!

So my personal fix, was to Eliminate those movement combos using a TitanOne/CronusMax controller Mod.

l1 l2 r1 r2 are aim/ability/shoot/melee -like a normal FPS

x is Jump

r3 is crouch

then to be able to crouch jump combo - rather than use "The Claw" grip. (which may work as an alternate no-cost fix)

I used the TitanOne to reprogram my controller so Tapping L3 does that jump combo automatically -one button-

(Holding Down L3 is sprint toggle, slightly awkward, but good tradeoff)

Edited by (PS4)haphazardlynamed

Ah I see you too are a man of culture. But yeah the shoulders are faster on a PS4 controller especially given that the relaxed way in which the controller is gripped puts the middle finger behind and under the R2 and L2 buttons meaning then have to hook around and have your index finger move up to use which slows reaction time. (XB controller set ups have you fingers on the buttons naturally in a relaxed state so its no problem for them.)

Anyway I might try that control scheme. For and FPS i can see it working wonderfully well. I might have to try some variations to work smoother for myself. Still i hope that DE puts in something to allow for more controller options, like changing the chat button.

6 hours ago, (PS4)RalixTanner said:

Ah I see you too are a man of culture. But yeah the shoulders are faster on a PS4 controller especially given that the relaxed way in which the controller is gripped puts the middle finger behind and under the R2 and L2 buttons meaning then have to hook around and have your index finger move up to use which slows reaction time. (XB controller set ups have you fingers on the buttons naturally in a relaxed state so its no problem for them.)

Anyway I might try that control scheme. For and FPS i can see it working wonderfully well. I might have to try some variations to work smoother for myself. Still i hope that DE puts in something to allow for more controller options, like changing the chat button.

Just had an idea...

In the event that you aren't using a fancy reprogrammable mod controller.

A possible quick solution to your original issue of Chat in Relays

go to PS4 System Settings, and switch the r1/r2 l1/l2 buttons there

then also swap them (or in your case, default them) in Warframe settings

in theory... I think that should work.... physically you'll be using the shoulders to aim/shoot, but warframe will be interpreting them as warframe defaults Trigger, which don't have the chat conflict.... (I don't think Aiming is a priority in Relays anyhow...)

15 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Just had an idea...

In the event that you aren't using a fancy reprogrammable mod controller.

A possible quick solution to your original issue of Chat in Relays

go to PS4 System Settings, and switch the r1/r2 l1/l2 buttons there

then also swap them (or in your case, default them) in Warframe settings

in theory... I think that should work.... physically you'll be using the shoulders to aim/shoot, but warframe will be interpreting them as warframe defaults Trigger, which don't have the chat conflict.... (I don't think Aiming is a priority in Relays anyhow...)

I tried that, there was only one issue with it being menu navigation felt a little clunky. 
Played with it for a while trying to get used to it. currently working through different methods that maybe more comfortable, but if they aren't ill likely revert back to that. Thanks though.