Weapon Concepts: Great Scythes, Hex-wield blades

FeralKuja

I figure the Scythe weapon type as it is is a lot of missed potential and sadly enough it sees very little, if any, use.

One potential fix is to adjust their size to be more on-par with other "heavy weapons" like Galatine, War, and Gram in length, with longer and larger blades. Adjusting the size and proportions alone could help with my own aesthetic gripes with the scythe weapon type. Beyond that, stat adjustments to damage, reach, and various supplemental stats would be necessary, but the scythe weapon type in general hasn't seen much love for a long time.

Second, a new weapon type I feel would be interesting, despite how complicated it would be to animate, would be a set of six blades (Slightly shorter Nikana possibly as a placeholder), placed in pairs on certain parts of the body, and able to be deployed and switched between mid-combo for flashy spins and fast and mobile cuts.

As far as ideas for existing weapon types, I've been thinking a lot lately about new types of Heavy Blade and Nikana type weapons.

First off, a Grineer chainsaw greatsword heavy blade, would be incredible aesthetically. With a focus on Slash damage and a high status chance, it would fit the grineer need for excessive brutality perfectly.

As far as Nikana types, a Corpus-made Beam Nikana (Dealing Radiation or Corrosive damage) would be a neat variation on the classic Nikana. Grineer might also have a heat-edged Nikana. There's also potential for an Ether Nikana, based on the Ether Sword, Ether Daggers, and Ether Scythe style blades of translucent material.

Just some ramblings from my brain-case, shout if you like them.

Ether Nikanas sound like a combination of glass weapons and the katanas (forgot their name) in Elder Scrolls games.

Scythes deserve a 20+ riven dispo and to be left alone after that tbh.. :^)

I would like it if they gave the Sergeant a lightkana/beam katana to deflect projectiles to make the bossfight more interesting.

On 2018-11-10 at 11:24 PM, FeralKuja said:

As far as Nikana types, a Corpus-made Beam Nikana (Dealing Radiation or Corrosive damage) would be a neat variation on the classic Nikana. Grineer might also have a heat-edged Nikana. There's also potential for an Ether Nikana, based on the Ether Sword, Ether Daggers, and Ether Scythe style blades of translucent material.

I made a Cephalon beam nikana once! Or, well, I guess that considering it can get so LONG, it's more of a beam nodachi...

On 2018-02-22 at 12:43 AM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Cephalon 'Sevoricor' Beam Speargun and 'Odacor' Beam Nikana

sevoricor_and_odacor_by_haruaxeman-dc3xk

Espador
"A cephalon-made cutting tool. Its power increases as a combatant throws themselves into the fray."
The Espador was designed as a cutting multitool using the principles of Orokin hardlight technology. If there's any moment where Suda operatives would require a multitool, the Espador delivers.

Specifically, it works well as a sword. Clever Suda-aligned Tenno found a way to jailbreak the mechanisms that governed its blade length, allowing the Espador to become bigger and longer (*giggle*) as the Tenno's fighting spirit grows. Essentially, the longer you attack, the longer your sword gets, leaving you with a sword that has truly insane range on par with a Galatine. There is a cap, but I'm not totally sure where.

I'm also not totally sure what stances this uses - Nikanas? Or just regular sword stances? It's hard for me to say. I'm leaning towards Nikanas.

Sevoricor Gun-Spear
"Strip away enemies molecule by molecule, or throw the Sevoricor like a spear and send them into a frenzy."
Designed with typical Cephalon focus on multifunctionality, the Sevoricor can function as an excavator, digging tool, radiation-pulse scanner, communications laser, and anti-wildlife measure for Suda operatives camping on Earth or other areas with hostile fauna.

The Sevoricor's effects may seem to be consistent with corrosive damage, but in actuality it fires a beam that molecularly disassembles armor, stripping it away and mimicking the effects of common anti-armor compounds used by Tenno. It's also got excellent status chance!

Primary Fire: Corrosive beam that strips armor. It's TECHNICALLY not a corrosive weapon, as it does not shoot acid. But it does corrosive damage.
Secondary Fire: Throwing the Sevoricor releases a radiation pulse in a wide radius that causes any nearby enemies to fight each other.

EDIT: while I'm not sure about a Grineer nikana, an Ether Nikana does sound interesting.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36