General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Anyone notice that K drive grind just stops?

BtheLee

I've started to notice that, even without releasing ctrl, when grinding the board will just straighten out and stop my combo. Not sure if it's because i'm missing the sweet spot on the rail and missing the magnetic grind (i think that's what it's called =o)) mod but it just seems to happen randomly and either will happen 3 times on a single rail or won't happen even on a single run so it's kind of up in the air when it will happen. It could be that I just sucked on a run or that I nailed the combo but I can't seem to grasp the mechanic correctly. Thoughts?

1 minute ago, vedhprakash2002 said:

im facing the same problem here too... And i'm recording a video and post it here to visualize our problem, hopefully DE would look into this potential bug...

thanks for helping out! Unsure if this is a mechanic that they actually wanted and there's something that I'm just missing when it comes to this mechanic. But as an avid fan of SSX and Tony Hawk's Underground for many years i don't think i've ever seen this implemented so this is definitely pathfinding

21 minutes ago, BtheLee said:

thanks for helping out! Unsure if this is a mechanic that they actually wanted and there's something that I'm just missing when it comes to this mechanic. But as an avid fan of SSX and Tony Hawk's Underground for many years i don't think i've ever seen this implemented so this is definitely pathfinding

haha i see. I too am unsure if this is just the mechanics or a bug... But I don't recall ever facing this issue when I tried out the K-Drive on my first time.

2 minutes ago, vedhprakash2002 said:

haha i see. I too am unsure if this is just the mechanics or a bug... But I don't recall ever facing this issue when I tried out the K-Drive on my first time.

Yeah neither do i, but then again the bug happens to me so off and on that it's hard to reproduce, it could happen every time i do a grindy, or never happen in a run.

Yes! I made a post about this too, trying to sort out what is doing this.

I love me some DE, but sometimes its maddening that they don't just tell us what governs game systems (like what governs the grind, can mouse look cause it to break? enemy attacks? boosted speed or not? Maybe its not buggy and we just aren't doing/using something we should be.). Maybe its a Canadian thing. 

Certainly looks buggy. The magnetic mod doesn't seem to matter at all. 

In any case, /bump, grinds breaking for no apparent reason should be on the to-do list.

Edited by VentusVero

Still broken as of the most recent update. My grinds will occasionally just stop for no reason, and sometimes I actually grind on rails with my K-Drive facing forward. I'm still holding CTRL, but the board straightens out like I stopped grinding, but I still see the sparks flying of it and my combo keeps going up. Speed and bearing seem to have no effect on when grinding bugs out (either stops grinding or grinding incorrectly), enemies do not seem to cause any difference either. It seems most common on the large pipes (like the ones right out back of Fortuna's elevator), but I also get it a fair bit with the guard rails at the sides of roads.