Khora, Gara, or Valkyr??

(XBOX)DakuraMonarch

Question

I'm having trouble deciding which Warframe I should go for. Khora sounds like a pain because Sanctuary Onslaught, Gara I think i can handle until my sanity is lost from Khonzu not having the bounties with her parts, and Valkyr seems like the easiest one.

Despite acknowledging Valkyr as "the easy one" I wanted to know if she's worth it or if I should go for one of the other two.

Edited by (XB1)DakuraMonarch

14 answers to this question

If bounties haven't changed, all Gara's parts are ALWAYS available at Konzu.

Valkyr is pretty easy to get.

Khora is the one that might potentially take a very long time, but I strongly recommend you test your luck first over there. It's really not hard to get to round 8, even if you're leveling gear.

They are all "worth it" depending on your playstyle.

EDIT: Just checked the wiki, and Gara's parts are always available in Konzu bounties.

Edited by Guest

Valkyr= The Tanky (if modded right) and sexy asf berserker with anger issues.  My personal favorite of the trio you mentioned, just be wary of that energy drain on her 4.  She also gets the lowest sheilds of the three, but get MUCH more armor.  You can easily get her close to 900 armor (and over 1k for her prime)

Khora= Crazy cat lady with a nice amount of CC but seems very squishy.  I personally found her pretty lack-luster compared to the other two, soley based on the fact that she's the (In my opinion) hardest of the three to obtain.

Gara= Pretty much a discount Frost when it comes to defense missions since her nerf.  I have yet to personally use Gara, but I heard that she has a few pretty nice things about her.  

I do, however,  recommend you get all 3 of them, and just see who you like better, and which of these beautiful women suit your playstyle more.

Edited by Oksanya

I personally like all 3 of the choices depending on solo or group play. Khora and Gara I only use in coop matches and never solo them. No matter how you set them up, and I am sure others will have different beliefs and experiances I just find them to be on the squishy side of things. Gara does have the ability to be a pretty good secondary "support tank" in my opinion but not a primary after her nerf. As for getting parts?   Her parts are always in bounties for Konzu and repeatable adnauseum. However, its the RNG that will get you more often than not.  Took me probably 50 to 70 runs to finally obtain her helmet..  very frustrating!!

Khora is great in a group and for CC support. She is definitely a bit squishy and best in a group so you can get that lift up when you go down. Past that she is the hardest of the 3 to get and you should expect to spend some time accomplishing this. 

Valkyr is to me the best of them all. Also the easiest by far to get. She is tough as nails (and has quite a set of them to boot) and awesome as a solo or group frame. She can play as a main tank without issue if you are setup properly, and have a good method for replenishing your energy. I duo with a Trinity and pop in and out of her Hysteria (i think thats the talent name - 4th talent) as I need to for energy replenishes. You cannot recieve energy while in this state and need to pop out to get the energy. Its been awhile since I have played her and someone may be able to tell you if you can still get an orb, but I dont "think" you can. So the way I find this best accomplished is via voice for most so the Trinity can verbally let the Valkyr know they are going to vamp for energy, otherwise you may just accidentally kill the vamp and waste the opportunity to get the energy.  I am deaf so I have worked out other cues with my play partner for this purpose.. anyhow the point is, you play it right in a group like this and energy is never a problem and you are pretty much untouchable; or as close as you can get to it. Not to mention staying the focus of the mobs thus protecting your already somewhat tanky herself Trinity. 

"May all your enemies find the center of your scope!"

Edited by VileMeanBean
Correction of skill name

Since you're probably new, I'd recommend Valkyr over the other three you mentioned.

Valkyr will easily get you through the star chart, and trivialize all the rail specters. It's also easy to farm, and doesn't require a lot of investments. With a V polarity on her aura you can slap in Steel Charge, providing a lot of capacity even without potato. For the rest of the mods, just slap in Vitality, Steel Fiber, Flow, and Continuity. You also might want Hunter's Adrenaline so you won't have energy issues. Grab one from a ghoul bounty when it's up or 5-10p from Trade.

Valkyr's main skill is her Warcry (2) that enables you to attack with your melee crazy fast. Just grab an Atterax and you're good to go. Only use her Hysteria (4) to heal up when you're low on health.

Gara is a great endgame warframe with her Splinter Storm + Augment since you'll have 90% damage reduction, 3 HP/s heal that can be doubled with Rejuvenation, and DPS from shattering her 4 with her 1. That tankiness can be much better with the combination of Umbral Vitality + Fiber and Adaptation (although I prefer Umbral Vitality + Inte sify) allowing you to take much more damage.

However, leveling Gara isn't easy and isn't as comfortable as Valkyr due to her reliance on her 2 for her tankiness. Add in Corpus Nullifiers to that and that'll annoy you even more. Also as mentioned, you'll need a lot of mod investments and forma and potatoes to make her shine.

Khora needs even more investments as she is not as bulky as the other two. Having Venari also means that you have not only the Warframe to mod, but also the kavat. Some of the mods for kavats can also be pricey, like Bite. Khora's main strength lies on her ability to CC a large area with her 4 and 2 and dish a lot of damage with her whip + augment and simply by having Venari.

Tl;dr: get Valkyr, she's easy to farm and doesn't need a lot of investment

Edited by Lancifolis

Il y a 7 heures, Oksanya a dit :

Gara= Pretty much a discount Frost when it comes to defense missions since her nerf.

You are so wrong it's almost hilarious. 🤣

Gara is a full tanky DPS warmachine and not a discount frost. Gara is strong in every mission, can easily do the top damage even ahead of Saryn in defense, can wipe a extermintation without a shot etc etc.

Don't base your opinion on the skills description.

7 hours ago, VileMeanBean said:

Khora is great in a group and for CC support. She is definitely a bit squishy and best in a group so you can get that lift up when you go down.

Khora is in no way squishy. She has a pretty decent amount of armor and, If you're not using Hunter Recovery on Venari, you're building her wrong.

I can easily do Kuva Floods and Sortie bosses solo with her, without dying.

Here's my input without reading all the posts above:

It definitely depends on what kind of playstyle you like: Valkyr is built for up close, melee style combat, so she has a heckuva lot of armor and can heal herself while being invincible with her ultimate (4th ability). Her 2 is widely regarded as her best ability though, because it slows downs enemies, beefs up armor of her and her teammates and also increases her and hee teams melee attack speed. Also, she has a great augment for her 2 that can basically keep it going endlessly. 

So if you like melee, I'd say Valkyr is the choice. 

Gara has a different toolkit. She has a 90% damage reduction ability that also does damge around her while active, and this can be increased to insane levels by using her 4. Speaking of which, her 4 can clear rooms if modded properly, it can also debuf enemies and it can provide some defensive protection. I feel her passive is overlooked alot, which basically freezes enemies when she looks at a bright light (which happens quite often). 

Khora is the biggest pain to farm. Both her blueprint and her Systems blueprint only have a roughly 5% drop chance after Zone 8 in Sanctuary Onslaught. I got 7 Main blueprints before I got the Systems blueprint, so I had terrible luck with the drops. I had fun doing though, and run Onsalught daily still (elite onslaught, but still) Her kit is decent and can be fun for sure but I was a little disappointed with her. She looks sooo friggin awesome, but so far the only build I've found fun uses her augment for her 1st ability that adds 35% damage to it everytime you hit 3 or more enemies (I think I saw it cap out at 350%). Her 1 takes all damage mods on your equipped melee weapon, so it can definitely do some decent damage, and it synergizes well with her 2 and 4. It's her venari ability tbaf I believe needs to be buffed. It has a heal ability on it which is great, but it just doesn't heal enough imo.

At any rate, she can provide a bit of a defensive area with her 4, do nice damage with hwr 1 and 2 and then heak with her 4. Out of the 3, she is definitely the least damage resistant. 

I'd recommend either Gara of Valkyr. Valkyr was the second frame I got and I main melee for the most part, so I really like Valkyr. Both of them aren't difficult to get.Gara can be one of the tankiest frames in the game, but takes a lot of ability casting to get her there (her 4 refreshes her 2 and adds damage to it, like I said above). Khora is definitely harder to get, but not bad provided you don't have my luck with her, lol. 

Good luck, and just remember that whatever you do, make sure you have fun doing it! 

Khora is the full package. She can dps, cc, heal and tank. Tank is the weakest of the three and the heal is indirect.

Valkyr is THE melee tank. She offers insane levels of armor compared to the other frames and can go invincible. Plus a bit cc and dps.

Gara is probably the most useful of the 3. She scales infinitly and she also has on-point defence, but a bit weaker as Khora. Also a very light cc.

Khora is the hardest to get but the most fun to play IMO, but if you prefer power, get the other two. Either one is from the best, warframe offers.

And btw, any kubrow, beside the invis one, is meh.

Edited by Fiewel

On 2018-11-10 at 11:57 PM, Oksanya said:

Gara= Pretty much a discount Frost

1. Gara does way way more damage than Frost.

2. Enemies cant walk through Gara's Barrier.

3. Gara can adjust the size of her barrier by hitting the button again to stop it while its expanding, which is pretty nice.

4. Gara is much more survivable than Frost.

I'm not saying shes better or worse than Frost. I'm just saying that calling her a discount Frost is very misleading.

I'd still rather have Frost for Excav/Fortuna bounties because he can have more shields up at once.