Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quality of life issues for conservation

Squick

First off, please make the trail colors something other than a slightly brighter variation of the terrain that it's on. In snow, with bloom on it's virtually impossible to see the trail. To be fair, most visibility issues can be fixed by turning bloom off, maybe pass that along to the art team as well.

Secondly, for lures, either have the animal call more often or have the biz shut up after you've done it a few times. Several times I've missed the call because he was too busy telling me about things and then had to guess for ages to figure out where the call was.

Third, please give a general direction of where the animal has spawned. It doesn't have to be more than a 180 degree arc, but in hilly terrain animals can often spawn well outside of your line of sight and run away without ever being seen.

15 hours ago, Squick said:

First off, please make the trail colors something other than a slightly brighter variation of the terrain that it's on. In snow, with bloom on it's virtually impossible to see the trail. To be fair, most visibility issues can be fixed by turning bloom off, maybe pass that along to the art team as well.

Secondly, for lures, either have the animal call more often or have the biz shut up after you've done it a few times. Several times I've missed the call because he was too busy telling me about things and then had to guess for ages to figure out where the call was.

Third, please give a general direction of where the animal has spawned. It doesn't have to be more than a 180 degree arc, but in hilly terrain animals can often spawn well outside of your line of sight and run away without ever being seen.

i thought missing call was an audio problem i had no idea it was because of biz transmission.

I definitely would like the tracks to be made more visible. On the snow, they're alright but on rock and the mushroom forest ground texture, I almost always lose them.

In addition, it would be nice to have like a skill level attached to the echo lures so that you can lure in more rare animals even just slightly easier. I thought you could at first because Biz sometimes says you need to practice more. It's a really neat idea but there isn't enough animals and it's super annoying to get the common animals 10+ times in a row. 

Also, sometimes the initial trace to activate the hunt spawns underneath the terrain so it isn't visible - the only way to see it is by using the scanner. 

11 hours ago, ZeroJackal said:

I definitely would like the tracks to be made more visible. On the snow, they're alright but on rock and the mushroom forest ground texture, I almost always lose them.

In addition, it would be nice to have like a skill level attached to the echo lures so that you can lure in more rare animals even just slightly easier. I thought you could at first because Biz sometimes says you need to practice more. It's a really neat idea but there isn't enough animals and it's super annoying to get the common animals 10+ times in a row. 

Also, sometimes the initial trace to activate the hunt spawns underneath the terrain so it isn't visible - the only way to see it is by using the scanner. 

Agree with all above. Perhaps I've just been to wrong places since I've been getting a lot of those brown rat thingies (pobbers?) but I actually want a lot of them so it's all good. Can't say the same for other players though.

I wish the tranq gun zoom had a tracking feature that pointed towards the direction of the animals somehow even if you were facing the opposite way, but I don't miss out a lot of animals because of this, only a few. I miss more because of not landing shots properly but I still capture lot of them. Some at least a bit homing tranq dart would be nice.

Also why the heck a tranq gun (usually powered by compressed air to avoid hurting the target) breaks Ivara's prowl and is in general an alerting sound?!

Ivara in particular is  getting repeteadly penalized in content were she should excel:

- fishing from ziplines is a mess but she can fire missile launchers, railguns, greatbows and the like with no issue

- her quiver narcotic arrow doesn't work on conservation animals... but works on fully vacuum-sealed supersoldier clones and cibernetized corpus?!

- some enemies can track and attack her while invisible with no indication of that being the case. She's invisible or she damn well isn't, we need to know when our powers fail!

Edited by Ikusias

Some sort of HUD indicator on the direction of wind would be a great improvement too. I have my graphics turned low because my poor potato of a machine can't handle high quality. This means I can't see the blowing snow so I have to rely on the plants, and it's not always super clear which way they are moving. So unless the wind is changing directions every three seconds I am really struggling.

Can we please have a tranq gun that is maybe quiet and definitely has a magazine?
-This sort of "advanced technology" has already existed centuries before the orokin did.
-Getting all 3 pobbers would rise to a glorious "shoot moving targets" challenge, from the current epic skill challenge of "bring a cheese frame".
-Cheeseframe addition: My rig is way past it's prime. I don't wanna return to town to switch frames to hunt critters. Because that's 2 loadings.
Having like 5 shots in the tranq gun would at least give non-sneaky frames the chance to skillshoot running mousies.

Or just give us the option to use a blowgun.
Holy pewp, I just realized that the Tranq Gun FAILS AGAINST A BLOWGUN.

Also footprints meld REALLY well into fungal growth. And sometimes they seem to dip under the textures, making them utterly invisible.
There should be some sort of highlighting, like in Witcher.
Actually, mining nodes I've also found to be half-underground (and heat points obscured) on multiple occasions.

Downwind? What DO warframes smell like? Man? Machine? Kuva?

EDIT: Also, isn't 40-80 grams a tad small for a creature the size of a human head?

Edited by hyperkayak

Trying to track a Virmink currently.

I found the poop up a mountain, clicked on it and 'follow' the tracks.....

well...because of where it is placed...THERE ARE NONE...

And this is not the only time this happened, over rocks the tracks often do not show up...

Spoiler
Spoiler

11 hours ago, AlexiconPrime said:

Some sort of HUD indicator on the direction of wind would be a great improvement too. I have my graphics turned low because my poor potato of a machine can't handle high quality. This means I can't see the blowing snow so I have to rely on the plants, and it's not always super clear which way they are moving. So unless the wind is changing directions every three seconds I am really struggling.

I just keep an eye on my syandana, since it moves with the wind. Of course, I use a syandana that's not a full on cloak, which does make it easier to see. Although since I'm on Ivara for my hunts, I do have to pop in and out of Prowl to do that, but since I do that before using the lure, it's no big deal 😉 (I recommend using one of the ribbon types)