Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kitgun barrels - "Gaze" resource imbalance

Silver-Priest

Spoiler

RujLAO6.jpg

Gaze is the only barrel that requires 40 of the fish components instead of 10, and this is the type of fish that only spawns during the shorter part of the cycle, and competes with other fish for the time-slot. I play with 2 resource boosters and after i spent 20 on my first K-drive i have 0. This is one of the harder common fish to obtain.

It also requires CRYOTIC. A resource that you do not earn during normal game-play. Excavation is a tedious game-mode, and honestly i expected Orb Vallis to have sources of it in the world. We have thermal sludge (that is basically cryotic and should have been cryotic), but still no way to get cryotic while just playing. And in the meantime you keep adding stuff that needs cryotic - at this point there are too many sinks and no other sources other than the most boring game-mode, where you have to babysit one spot, while maintaining concentration.

Another point - this is the only barrel with a hidden value - range. Why can't we see the range of the gun before building it, since grips affect it? How am i supposed to know without building it if it is even viable gun for me, or is it going to be as short as a Spectra beam, and thus useless?

Edited by Silver-Priest

9 hours ago, Silver-Priest said:
  Reveal hidden contents

RujLAO6.jpg

Gaze is the only barrel that requires 40 of the fish components instead of 10, and this is the type of fish that only spawns during the shorter part of the cycle, and competes with other fish for the time-slot. I play with 2 resource boosters and after i spent 20 on my first K-drive i have 0. This is one of the harder common fish to obtain.

It also requires CRYOTIC. A resource that you do not earn during normal game-play. Excavation is a tedious game-mode, and honestly i expected Orb Vallis to have sources of it in the world. We have thermal sludge (that is basically cryotic and should have been cryotic), but still no way to get cryotic while just playing. And in the meantime you keep adding stuff that needs cryotic - at this point there are too many sinks and no other sources other than the most boring game-mode, where you have to babysit one spot, while maintaining concentration.

Another point - this is the only barrel with a hidden value - range. Why can't we see the range of the gun before building it, since grips affect it? How am i supposed to know without building it if it is even viable gun for me, or is it going to be as short as a Spectra beam, and thus useless?

let's not forget that it also forgets how to use Ruinous Extension, the BEAM EXCLUSIVE mod that increases RANGE.

3 hours ago, hyperkayak said:

Welcome to 4tuna.
The magical land of unreasonable, unexplained, unnecessary and illogical crafting price jumps.

See kreska.

Kreskas Fieldron Cost was lowered from 20 to 10 same for the other two new corpus guns with the latest update.

True, but kreska is just a flaming boxcutter in a weird angle and it still costs double the Fieldrons as any other energy lab weapon.
This includes a lightning gun, and energy HMG, a plasma rake, a railgun staff, a bow that shoots raw chaos, a shotgun that is a directed nuclear blast and a deathstar laser.
All of these much more awesome weapons cost LESS fieldron. I'm not saying 10 is so bad, I'm saying at least try to be self-consistent.
For the "contained sentient part"-guns it would be logical to have an increased fieldron cost, but this is just a flaming blade. Even the JatKusar, which is pure fire, costs only 7 boomcans. And the heatsword costs zero.