The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paracesis vs Galatine vs Gram (prime)

Kelpie77

Question

Hi there

A bit long of time ago i started using Galatine Prime as a complementary weapon of my warcy-drive Valkyr; i built them as standard critical build (Blood Rush, crit mod, etc) with Tempo Royale and it work fine. I mean, i can't oneshot lvl 250 nox but i land 125k crit damagae on lvl 130 eximus bombard, so to speak (i also have a video to prove it 😎).

Then it came out Gram Prime and Paracesis. And now i'm guessing... what's the best 2-handed weapon to use?

My Galatine Prime was without forma (or one of them i don't remember) and Gram Prime has the same polarity so i can use the same build. However, Paracesis has to be forma'ed 5 times and is lvl  40 so  probably i can fit inside more powerful mods. Also, the Paracesis probably i'll never sell it because is a special quest weapon while Gram and Galatine are expendable. Gram has better stat, but seems slower than Galatine and lower range. Also, Paracesis has a bigger slam effect

So in the end what's the best weapon? the differencies between them are so important and heavy i shoud switch to one of them or are so little and subtle i can just ignore them and use the best looking one?

And what's better for a not melee-driven build ie for just a quick-melee support weapon?

ty for your help

4 answers to this question

Damage-wise i think Gram Prime is much better. Galatine Prime is pretty good too and much more convenient. And paracesis, well... Tons of crit but no status, i'll keep mine on the top shelf while there's still no sentients around.

So yeah, i personally choose Gram Prime, because otherwise i get into situations where i start thinking "should have brought Gram instead of Galatine/Paracesis".

Paracesis all day long.

I know, I know, Gram and Galatine are "stronger" but Gram is god dam slow and I really hate it, Galatine is boring and i just stopped using it.

I like Paracesis because of mod cap so I can configure it however I like, and with umbral mods I can have red crits after really few swings without spin2win. Love it.