Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operators and Companions: inconsistent gameplay

vanaukas

SInce TWW I was playing very often as operator until Umbra came to our lifes and "very often" became "always" and I have some questions about some behaviour between the operator and companions: 

1) If u where running any warframe instead Umbra, before Chimaera mainline quest (IIRC) sentinels and beasts where left behind if you exit as operator (was terrible tbh).

2) If u where using Umbra, beasts and sentinels followed him as well, in my simplistic mind I thought "Maybe it's because sentinels need some kind of energy from the warframe and beasts are somehow trained to be loyal to the warframe instead operators"

3) If u are using a sentinel with Umbra, when you exit as opertor, the sentinel will NOT VACCUM any item. Nothing. That was making sense to me, because the reasons I said before.

4) Since the Chimaera, beast actually follows you even if u are using a non umbra frame. It's nice to fight with my beloved kavat even if I was using another frame than Umbra (like Nekros or Frost, 2 of my favourites wf to play as operator)

5) With the new mod "Fetch", I was thinking "Hey, if the kavat now follows me as operator, maybe I'll be able to vaccum items as  operator!" (something very necesary, because operator has a somewhat diffferent kind of gameplay than frames, those include beign unable to see the loot map of Animal Instinct mod. That makes sense to me too, because maybe the mod interacts directly with the warframe map/radar.

But Fetch doesn't work at all with the opertor. Why? The same reason as animal instinct? But the kavat follows me as operator, I'm able to pickup loot as operator, why if I get some Charm buffs (not crits, energy or whatever, just affinity/resources boost), why Fetch would not? Has a lot of sense before the kavat follows me as well, because they where following the warframe, but she recognizes me as his master, so I find this a kind of inconsistent gameplay between beasts and operators. Opertor needs more love, if I don't have any map, so be it (I would love that btw), but I really don't understand why Fetch doesn't work at all. (I tried with my boy Sahasa and doesn't work at all too).

Anyone knows why? DE has something to say?

Pic related, it's me and my princess

vxYe9cL.jpg

3 minutes ago, Ventura_Highway said:

this sounds like material for a bug report.

Dunno mate, maybe it's designed in that way... I just want to play as operator without losing loot (and believe me, that happens A LOT bc u can't see the loot map to just  walk to those resources) or beign forced to enter the frame to know where is that loot

6 hours ago, xHeretic said:

Dunno mate, maybe it's designed in that way... I just want to play as operator without losing loot (and believe me, that happens A LOT bc u can't see the loot map to just  walk to those resources) or beign forced to enter the frame to know where is that loot

I mean, this issue just looks like an inconsistency to me, so I assume it's a bug.

3 hours ago, Ventura_Highway said:

I mean, this issue just looks like an inconsistency to me, so I assume it's a bug.

I really hope that is the case, luckly if someone jsut start to comment here DE maybe see it... But I doubt it since the operator is very hated gameplaywise and loved lorewise/fashionframe

2 hours ago, Elenortirie said:

vacuum in any form never affected operator.

and then I thought moa followign my operator was moa thing, not all companions doing it post-chimera....

I've already said that, but because sentinels are, somehow attached to your frame (sentinels doesnt follow you as operator, they stick to the frame). Beasts (idk about MOAs, i didn't builted one yet to run test) will follow you regardless the frame u are using

2 hours ago, Skaleek said:

Agree with OP parity is needed between vacuum and fetch while in operator.

i don't think vaccum would make sense (because the sentinel is somehow attached to the frame) but beasts follows the operator

1 hour ago, xHeretic said:

I've already said that, but because sentinels are, somehow attached to your frame (sentinels doesnt follow you as operator, they stick to the frame). Beasts (idk about MOAs, i didn't builted one yet to run test) will follow you regardless the frame u are using

moa follows operator - but notice that while old vacuum was pulling things to the sentinel itself, new description says "gather-link" and as far as I recall all "link" mods always link to a warframe regardless of wether you are piloting it or transferenced out of it.

so the way I see it is that it's still link between warframe and a pet, like any other, it's just that our beasts/robotics (not sure about sentinels tho) have finally learned that warframe is only a suit for operator 😉

8 minutes ago, Elenortirie said:

moa follows operator - but notice that while old vacuum was pulling things to the sentinel itself, new description says "gather-link" and as far as I recall all "link" mods always link to a warframe regardless of wether you are piloting it or transferenced out of it.

so the way I see it is that it's still link between warframe and a pet, like any other, it's just that our beasts/robotics (not sure about sentinels tho) have finally learned that warframe is only a suit for operator 😉

I haven't read that description (maybe bc i play the game in spanish) but if it this is the case, all my hopes are turned into dust... Because that would make sense again and i can't see the inconsistency anymore if its a link based skill. Too sad tho.