Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xHeretic

Cyphers don't work

Recommended Posts

Since the update, my cyphers are "gone" while hacking in missions. Sometimes in free roam in Orb Vallis they actually appear as well, but in missions they don't. This maybe isn't that kind of "gamebreaking bug", but this happens OUTSIDE Orb Vallis and in any kind of mission, even in PoE (free roam too) and, sadly, I became aware of that doing tridolon... (Yes, I have them equipped). I could provide video if it's needed


**EDIT**

This just apply to the operator, warframes can still use the cyphers. This is intended? If it's intended, how something so important won't show up on the list of things that changed? Because i read every patch note with detail and there is zero mentions to this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been using Ciphers like mad in Orb Vallis, POE, and multiple random missions and have no issues. Try to clear your gear wheel completely and rebuild it from scratch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, Chaos.Blades said:

I have been using Ciphers like mad in Orb Vallis, POE, and multiple random missions and have no issues. Try to clear your gear wheel completely and rebuild it from scratch.

I'll try to do it later, ty tenno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I left my tools with zero items, then rearranged them again and guess what, i  still can't use cyphers at all. Please fix this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my case. In Orb Vallis I can use cyphers on missions like:

1. saving prisoners (with timer and pickups that reduce time of hacking) - for prisoners cage

2. capturing corpus vehicle - hacking after vehicle is in the trap

And CAN'T use cyphers on spy missions (security doors, target terminal)

I thought it was intended behavior. :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found that if I'm in operator mode, ciphers show as 0 quantity. Whereas when I switch back to my Warframe, it's the correct amount

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some Vallis consoles show a red circle with a line through it over the cipher icon - particularly, spy consoles after the alarm is triggered. I think this is intended in places, much as with Sorties, but is not signposted well. Maybe this is causing problems with other missions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, denis-ldv said:

In my case. In Orb Vallis I can use cyphers on missions like:

1. saving prisoners (with timer and pickups that reduce time of hacking) - for prisoners cage

2. capturing corpus vehicle - hacking after vehicle is in the trap

And CAN'T use cyphers on spy missions (security doors, target terminal)

I thought it was intended behavior. :)

I thought the same until I was to PoE to run tridolon and my cyphers where gone too. I tried then in normal missions and its the same, so I think this wasnt intended at all

2 hours ago, DracoRiff said:

I found that if I'm in operator mode, ciphers show as 0 quantity. Whereas when I switch back to my Warframe, it's the correct amount

Im gonna try that, since I play as operator every mission didnt try to hack as wf

2 hours ago, Dreyazed said:

Some Vallis consoles show a red circle with a line through it over the cipher icon - particularly, spy consoles after the alarm is triggered. I think this is intended in places, much as with Sorties, but is not signposted well. Maybe this is causing problems with other missions?

Maybe its bc of that. I have not problem at all doing some hacks (im pretty good hacking), but cyphers are a thing in runs like tridolon... Thats the place where no cypher hurts to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They changed some behavior in the Fortuna update and it's not mentioned in any change notes: your Operator can no longer use ciphers. Pre-Fortuna you could use ciphers when in Operator mode but now you cannot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mulchman said:

They changed some behavior in the Fortuna update and it's not mentioned in any change notes: your Operator can no longer use ciphers. Pre-Fortuna you could use ciphers when in Operator mode but now you cannot.

So, this is intended? because this is actually what happened, i cant use them as operator, warframes use them as always.... And I play 99% of the time as operator.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using ciphers in operator form has been disabled before only to be restored later. So I'm sure it's just a bug this time as well, and will be fixed when DE catches it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mogrol said:

Using ciphers in operator form has been disabled before only to be restored later. So I'm sure it's just a bug this time as well, and will be fixed when DE catches it.

I really hope this, tenno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...