Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why high MR players immediately leave when they see I'm using Loki's invisibility in Defence missions?

(PSN)UltroAdsunt

Question

2 minutes ago, bluepheonix13 said:

Maybe they aren't leaving because of you?

If it is because of you, then it is probably because they want to level some weapons and need to be carried. And to do so efficiently, the squad needs a heavy damager dealer, which Loki isn't. All just speculation though.

I see, well I had this happen 5 times already.

They spawn in and 10 seconds after I use invisibility they are out but it was indeed in hydron

It is simply because you are Loki.

Loki is not very useful for defense missions and many times high MR players do want someone to help them with some weapon levelling.

Also, invisible Loki means more gunfire going their way, which risks death.

1)  High chance of a Loki using invisibility to leech on XP while not fighting during the mission.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)ExCuTTioN said:

Is it that bad that I don't want to die? And I always use Decoy

2) If you do not want to die, chances are your weapons are lacking the punch to kill enemies, which even 
with active fighting and shooting enemies, you ends up going to still be "leeching" and getting carried
simply because your weapons fail to put a dent in enemy armor let alone taking them down.

You can be actively shooting enemies yet the damage output is not significant that it is alike using a nerf gun
among teammates who are using .44 magnums.

Hydron is a horrible location to use Loki, it is a XP farm and the main thing people do is leveling items.
given Loki's stealth capabilities running high level spy missions to level up is faster than Hydron, 
so there is no reason to use Loki on Hydron at all.

Since basically your presence there is simply to leech on XP while others do the fighting.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

Or maybe they leave because they didnt get a single dps frame or if THERE'S ONE. Or they leave because there's no frost/limbo/ect. Or they leave because there's a slow nova spamming her 4.

Like honestly, Loki is useless in defense but no one leaves just because of that.

4 minutes ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

1)  High chance of a Loki using invisibility to leech on XP while not fighting during the mission.

2) If you do not want to die, chances are your weapons are lacking the punch to kill enemies, which even 
with active fighting and shooting enemies, you ends up going to still be "leeching" and getting carried
simply because your weapons fail to put a dent in enemy armor let alone taking them down.

You can be actively shooting enemies yet the damage output is not significant that it is alike using a nerf gun
among teammates who are using .44 magnums.

Hydron is a horrible location to use Loki, it is a XP farm and the main thing people do is leveling items.
given Loki's stealth capabilities running high level spy missions to level up is faster than Hydron, 
so there is no reason to use Loki on Hydron at all.

Since basically your presence there is simply to leech on XP while others do the fighting.

I always carry a maxed out weapon with me in xp farms.

My Loki is an invisibility build and he is lacking in armor and shields so sometimes he can be a bit squishy.

But I'll definitely try high level spy missions for xp

If I need to level up weapons I always go with Loki in Hydron (old habits die hard, I guess). Never seen people leave because of that. If things get messy use his disarm and operator to clear some mobs. DPS frame or no DPS frame it always takes 10 waves to level up, not much of a difference if there is a Saryn, Volt, Maimquinox or other nuke frame around. Don't feel bad for people quitting that mission, it's a leveling ground, remember to have fun!

8 minutes ago, (PS4)ExCuTTioN said:

I always carry a maxed out weapon with me in xp farms.

My Loki is an invisibility build and he is lacking in armor and shields so sometimes he can be a bit squishy.

But I'll definitely try high level spy missions for xp

Going for stealth exterminate mission with Loki or any invisible frame can level faster than Hydron
since defense mission enemies will be on alerted status meaning no stealth multiplier.

Strap Hush or Suppressed on rifle/ pistol or anything with "alarming" noise

Though this is how I level weapons currently, not using Ivara is fine just need to see where enemies is facing before shooting them.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

32 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

It is simply because you are Loki.

Loki is not very useful for defense missions and many times high MR players do want someone to help them with some weapon levelling.

Also, invisible Loki means more gunfire going their way, which risks death.

:crylaugh::laugh::sadcry::facepalm: in this order 

You have no idea how to play loki do you

*An thru Loki player does more than that*

Thanks to loki you have Decoys and will take the so called gunfire for itself

Thanks to loki you can be transported out of the battle with an single press on the button

Thanks to loki most Spy missions are cheese

Thanks to loki you are beeing beaten with sticks instead of bullets . I'll disarm them and turn them like puppets

soooo do i need to say more 

34 минуты назад, (PS4)ExCuTTioN сказал:

Why do they leave Defence missions when they see invis Loki in squad.

Because 95% of invis-Loki abusers are useless leechers, parasiting on the efforts of their teammates. And most of them don't know about his 4 skill.

I always leave squad if i see this crap in endless survival\defence.

But few days ago I did an exception and stayed in squad with 22MR neofit on invis-Loki without Corrosive Projection. (Grineer survival :facepalm:)

How do you think this mission ended ?

This useless parasite died non-stop (invis :facepalm:) and after about maybe 20-30 minutes he started cry "Pok-pok-pok, I want to finish, pok-pok-pok, let me go...." (22MR:facepalm:)

He forced normal players to finish mission.

And it was far from the worst.

Well, in short words, my opinion is that all these instruments of AFK and semi-AFK "gameplay" need serious DE's attention.

It's not only about invis-Loki leechers, it's also about such parasites like AFK-Limbo,  semi-AFK Umbra" s cancer ( which is actual mostly for Index mission ), Volt addicts spamming 4 skill and staying on one point all the mission ( ESO mostly ), Eidolon "hunters" without even any guilded AMP, and etc...

In hydron, loki is pretty close to useless. I mean, he doesn't benefit the team, which is mostly people leveling up. And as a leveling place, it's not like there isn't enough leeching over there.

If it was a sortie defense, then you could go with a disarm build.

Most of the time i used Loki in Hydron with speed mods to relevel Loki, pretty much only spamming invis and disarm and meleeing i was dealing top damage. 

People take this map so seriously it's funny, you can top damage with just your melee and any frame really.

Loki is far from useless in a defense mission. Even bite sized missions. An Invis Spec Loki is however quite near.

A Rad Disarm Loki can help with CC but that's not always what people want. Esp on an affinity farm. Nyx is not liked for this reason.

However a Normal Disarm Loki can be useful by dragging enemies to the group's location quicker turning a Grineer Defense into an Infested Defense which is notably faster. If it's a pub that's probably the extent of value but it's still something worth while. If a Vauban, Mag or similar are there it can get quite potent and speedy. Not going to compare to a speed Nova for farming but a Disarm Loki can make high level Defense quite easy.

1 hour ago, -_Highlander_- said:

:crylaugh::laugh::sadcry::facepalm: in this order 

Thanks to loki you can be transported out of the battle with an single press on the button

Thanks to loki you are beeing beaten with sticks instead of bullets . I'll disarm them and turn them like puppets

soooo do i need to say more 

You don't, I sure do though. Out of those four points, only one was relevant for this conversation. This is in a defense context, not a spy.

So Mr.Loki user, don't :facepalm: and then bring pointless points to this topic.

To the OP, if all you are doing is turning invisible (selfish) and using Decoy (weak), then expect others to leave, as you'll grant nothing to a team.

Invis-Loki means high duration and low range most of the time.
This means his Disarm is useless. Which leads to the conclusion that the Loki won't be that much help in Defense.

Decoy is useless if enemies can shoot at it.

If you want to be of any help for your team, use your Disarm and Decoy. Invis is, most of the time, not helpful for your team. (Only for revives, but this is what Operators are for)

1 hour ago, --Q--Sleeping said:

You don't, I sure do though. Out of those four points, only one was relevant for this conversation. This is in a defense context, not a spy.

So Mr.Loki user, don't :facepalm: and then bring pointless points to this topic.

To the OP, if all you are doing is turning invisible (selfish) and using Decoy (weak), then expect others to leave, as you'll grant nothing to a team.

Thank you. But

2 hours ago, -_Highlander_- said:

Useless in defense. Read the OP's post to understand what is context. 

Useless in defense. The battle is not about you, it is about the Cryopod

When did defense become spy?

The enemy is near the cryopod anyway when they want to destroy it. They still beat it with sticks at a range only a meter closer than when they gun it down. So, again, Loki is useless for defense. Even irradiating disarm doesn't CC long enough to warrant its use for defense.

Considering I have a range/duration balanced build and an irradiating disarm build, I believe I know what I am doing when using Loki for more than just the invisibility. Anyone with an idea how to even play Loki and use all 4 skills will know full well not to take him to a defense for leeching purposes or even to play. Even if you want to leech, take someone supportive like Nova or Trinity. Even with irradiating disarm considered, there are still better CC options for defense.

Good try, Loki fanboy. You aren't the first Loki apologist to try justifying Loki for anything outside of rescue, spy and maybe sabotage.

1 hour ago, --Q--Sleeping said:

-- and then bring pointless points to this topic. ==

i'll have always an point .. if you have read correctly iam not saying that it is only spy based luck from loki ..

bye felicia people like you make this game an true mess

Its kinda SAD what people doeing these years .. cheesing attacking bashing harassing etc

i mean realy don't you guys have an normal life ?

52 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Thank you. But

Useless in defense. Read the OP's post to understand what is context. 

Useless in defense. The battle is not about you, it is about the Cryopod

When did defense become spy?

The enemy is near the cryopod anyway when they want to destroy it. They still beat it with sticks at a range only a meter closer than when they gun it down. So, again, Loki is useless for defense. Even irradiating disarm doesn't CC long enough to warrant its use for defense.

Considering I have a range/duration balanced build and an irradiating disarm build, I believe I know what I am doing when using Loki for more than just the invisibility. Anyone with an idea how to even play Loki and use all 4 skills will know full well not to take him to a defense for leeching purposes or even to play. Even if you want to leech, take someone supportive like Nova or Trinity. Even with irradiating disarm considered, there are still better CC options for defense.

Good try, Loki fanboy. You aren't the first Loki apologist to try justifying Loki for anything outside of rescue, spy and maybe sabotage.

Thanks for all that quote

its like you trying to use every line for combat .. thats ok

if people are beeing selfish thats ok to 

I just pointed out what loki could do for others .. but hey if you guys think loki is weak .. than thats your opinion 

-------------

hahaha i laughed real hard .. seeing that iam an true loki fan boy .. Its more an compliment than an bad thing :thumbup::cool:

If you can't play Loki stick to your cheese deck ember or Limbo for all i care

20 hours ago, (PS4)ExCuTTioN said:

Is it that bad that I don't want to die? And I always use Decoy

why are you bringing Loki to defense mission? Your goal there is to kill enemies. Loki has nothing to kill enemies. If you like invisibility frames try Octavia instead, she can wipe out enemy waves easily. If you don't want to die, bring something durable like Mesa or Rhino. You'll need to use proper warframes for higher level missions. 

Bringing Loki to a defense is like bringing Rhino to a spy mission. Can be done but far away from being efficient.

In very high Level missions his radial disarm can be nice but enemys are still running around trying to punch you. A real CC Frame that negates any movement from enemys is way better (high Duration stomp Rhino, Volt and so on)

Maybe because they went to lvl up aswell and can't do it unless a player with high killing power potential is inside, but a quit is still a quit and is registered, so any questions about the quit rate can't be justified with "i didn't like the team" and is instead obvious that the player could not complete a defense given the circunstances, better players will often quit less and make things work regardless of what you are, but will judge you on what you do instead.

This means that if your performance is clearly a leeching one and you tend to afk invisible, you will likely get ignored (so other missions may end early if you meet these players again, you simply can't be trusted with making any effort) or you may get reported which is far worse.

If you play normally, everything remains normal, players won't quit, they will enjoy playing at your side. Quality players will judge you on what you do, not on what you bring. So players quiting when they see you means they are prone to quiting and are not reliable, so it's a good thing that they leave.

Loki with teleport spec can be quite useful in defection missions too, that how I prevented one bugged squad from ruining the mission.

But for places like Hydron, why not instead take duration efficiency Trinity if you don't want to die? At least she can tank with link and blessing and also keep squadmates alive which is appreciated by fools and low MR players who don't have Vitality on their frames and thus die.

I always bring Nekros since it's a pretty beefy frame when built right and gives everyone extra loot, making it feel like christmas. Sure people may die more then due to their no Vitality setups but I can still heal the buggers with my Vazarin dash and do if I notice them going low and being reachable.

On 2018-11-12 at 9:59 AM, rsod25 said:

why are you bringing Loki to defense mission? Your goal there is to kill enemies. Loki has nothing to kill enemies. If you like invisibility frames try Octavia instead, she can wipe out enemy waves easily. If you don't want to die, bring something durable like Mesa or Rhino. You'll need to use proper warframes for higher level missions. 

It's hydron, I went there to level up not carry someone else