Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strange roaring orb next to orokin dig site.

Warframer011

I think it is most likely one of the big spiders, but without any armour, weapons or legs, so just the core. Of course, why it is in the water I do not know. The spider that is not moving seems to be quite similar when ignoring the armour and legs.

Edited by NodDragon

looks like a grineer submarine (subcoolant). the riveted construction is typically grineer, and the squares-and-dashes markings on the baubles also appear on a lot of grineer stuff, the square specifically on vor's shoulder and on the dargyns. it only makes sense that they want to keep watch over the orokin dig site and maybe try to get in through a path of their own. could also foreshadow a potential grineer incursion event where fortuna will desperately need tenno help, since the solaris only resist by exploiting corpus weaknesses which the grineer don't have (such as smugglery, theft, sabotage, etc.). resisting the grineer would require nothing else than sheer firepower, which the solaris don't have.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

i haven't explored the orokin dig site yet (as im a console peasant), but perhaps that what is being dug for? The other orbs and raknoids being these cores of orokin artifacts? A very "kuva-n" (kuvian, Kuvas-esque?) look, but the queens and grineer were created by the orokin (right?), so perhaps this is a piece of technology from the end of the orokin empire. We know there was testing being done on sentients in orb vallis so that could be another origin of this thing. A piece of a sentient mind...

Well it's pretty known by now that there are three big spiders, one for each place where you can farm Toroids. This one belongs to Spaceport. Enrichment Labs has the one sitting on the building. Temple of Profit has the one that is patrolling the nearby area. 

It will likely be a while until we get to see more of this one, since DE will initially just unlock one spider boss to get feedback on the whole "heist"-concept before continuing with the rest. First spider we get to fight will likely be the one in Enrichment Labs, since that's the easiest area, and if I remember correctly is the same spider we messed with during the initial Fortuna quest. 

But yea, I pooped a little when I got closer to this strange little island 😄

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-11-11 at 2:19 PM, Talonflight said:

Maybe instead of Plague Star, we get Grineer-Star

....this triggered me down to my soul. The thought of a plague of Grineer made a vein jut out I my forehead & neck.

Never has my bloodlust against Grineer been so aggitated.

Please no....don't get DE ideas....

"Hey Sparky a giant Ghoul trash bag crashed into the Vallis. Go kill everything that mucking spills out." -Eudico

Meanwhile in Real Life...

Destroy-Laptop-Featured-670x335.jpg

On 2018-11-11 at 3:32 PM, NodDragon said:

I think it is most likely one of the big spiders, but without any armour, weapons or legs, so just the core. Of course, why it is in the water I do not know. The spider that is not moving seems to be quite similar when ignoring the armour and legs.

Its one of the 3 mother orbs but someone (somehow) saw beneath the ground where she is standing and saw LEGS. My opinion? This orb its probably mining orokin like resources or just waiting something or someone to get of the ground and kill us. 

• 2 weeks later...