Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does the community deslike Exalted Weapons?

Beatrix7hearts

Garuda’s claws are actually normal Melee Weapons so she’s the only one that can use two Melee Weapons in different Situations. Valkyr’s Claws and Excal’s Exalted Blade are Exalted Weapons since they are energy based, Channeling Weapons. I still think Garuda’s Claws needs a buff though. I’m one of those Players that’s fine with Exalted Weapons because thye can be one of the strongest Weapons in the Game but for the cost of energy while Garuda only use her Claws for the cost of a Melee Weapon. The Advantage Exalted Weapon Frames have is they can use their Weapons in Weapon - only Sorties while Garuda can’t use her Claws there.

4 hours ago, Deluxe-Chimera said:

This is the only reason why i dislike Exalted weapons, this types of Excaliburs, they are such a useless support to the team, spamming E and nothing else, at least the AoE frames know when to use the abilitys and they'll end up doing something no matter what, instead Excaliburs run around hitting walls, i'm pretty sure more exalted weapons may be good for some warframes with implemented weapons, but when they maked exalted blade... Oh god, waves everywhere and useless excaliburs no matter where i go, if DE would implement more, there should be a restriction to trigger them for a limited time and have a reason to use the other 3 abilitys, so on that way they don't make the same mistake that they did with Excalibur and his player base. (The sad thing, most of these Excalibur player are so obsessed with that thing that they even forget that there are combos, or blinded enemies take as twice damage or radial javelin kill way faster below lvl 50)

Excalibur does something for groups. He provides CC and moderate DPS. That's doing something for the group. Any Excal worth their salt will be using his Radial Blind to keep the room locked down while clearing waves with Exalted Blade. Also "maked" isn't a word. It's "made".

I hate exalted weapons simply because they're an excuse to bypass making an actual ultimate. Few Warframes are an exception. Excalibur's exalted blade might as well be a Peacemaker-like attack. No issues. Garuda's exalted is optional and does not replace her 4th so zero gripes about it. Baruuk's the same. It would seem DE is getting better at implementing this feature.

1 hour ago, MickThejaguar said:

Excalibur does something for groups. He provides CC and moderate DPS. That's doing something for the group. Any Excal worth their salt will be using his Radial Blind to keep the room locked down while clearing waves with Exalted Blade. Also "maked" isn't a word. It's "made".

Sorry, i can't speak english that well and fluid but i try, so thanks for the correction, and yeah it does something for the group, he can do CC and moderate DPS, but people don't even bother pressing another button that isn't 4 and E, he has so much potential and people still doesn't even get it after 3 years, that's my main problem with it, Baruuk at least has to build up his 4th ability, Valkyr has to use Hysteria on the right moment to survive or kill deadly enemies, because it drains too much energy and with good reason, and Excalibur? Excalibur is just that for everyone, spam waves, a cheap and absurd tactic that doesn't even work most of the times.

If DE bother making more Exalted weapons i hope they don't take for example Exalted blade, but Wukong's and Valkyr's weapons since those have range limitations making them actual melee weapons and benefits when you use combos.

i always find Excaliburs doing the same and helping little to nothing, going out there like the "lone wolves" they wanna be, failing, that would be like a nightmare having more exalted weapons and players using them and nothing else, forgetting that the warframes are more than that, i've seen a few Valkyr only using Hysteria, and... oh man, those guys think her talons are Exalted blade or something like that.

Maybe it's because there's an absurd amount of Excaliburs out there since 20% of the players uses him, but i can't believe they still don't do something as basic, as Radial blind, do a combo with Exalted blade, and then de-activate the ability to do something more efficent and faster as shooting a gun or use Radial javelin.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (NSW)RabidSkag said:

I would like to see Atlas punch (fists) being separated from a weapon stat stick to be an independently modable exalted 'weapon'.

That seems like a good idea, like Garuda, unnequip your melee weapon to bring the Warframe melee if it has, Atlas with his rock fists, Ash hidden blades, Khora's whip claw, Gara's glass longsword, and maybe on one of those, Mesa with her peacemakers, but not the same stats they have on her 4th, like cutting his stats to half in order to balance it since it's way stronger already.

15 minutes ago, Deluxe-Chimera said:

Sorry, i can't speak english that well and fluid but i try, so thanks for the correction, and yeah it does something for the group, he can do CC and moderate DPS, but people don't even bother pressing another button that isn't 4 and E, he has so much potential and people still doesn't even get it after 3 years, that's my main problem with it, Baruuk at least has to build up his 4th ability, Valkyr has to use Hysteria on the right moment to survive or kill deadly enemies, because it drains too much energy and with good reason, and Excalibur? Excalibur is just that for everyone, spam waves, a cheap and absurd tactic that doesn't even work most of the times.

If DE bother making more Exalted weapons i hope they don't take for example Exalted blade, but Wukong's and Valkyr's weapons since those have range limitations making them actual melee weapons and benefits when you use combos.

i always find Excaliburs doing the same and helping little to nothing, going out there like the "lone wolves" they wanna be, failing, that would be like a nightmare having more exalted weapons and players using them and nothing else, forgetting that the warframes are more than that, i've seen a few Valkyr only using Hysteria, and... oh man, those guys think her talons are Exalted blade or something like that.

Maybe it's because there's an absurd amount of Excaliburs out there since 20% of the players uses him, but i can't believe they still don't do something as basic, as Radial blind, do a combo with Exalted blade, and then de-activate the ability to do something more efficent and faster as shooting a gun or use Radial javelin.

I've been playing this game on and off for 4 years and I haven't really seen this surplus of unhelpful Excaliburs. Sure I get the occasional low MR noob who doesn't know what he's doing but past that I can't recall many Excals in my missions that were just useless because they weren't doing anything. And that says nothing about exalted weapons or Excalibur himself, it just sounds like you were unlucky with matchmaking. Either that or you're just doing low level content where all of the low MR Excals would be.

Well, for me it's like this:

Ivara's exalted weapon is being used only for bow related riven challenges because her other abilities are much more useful for me.

Umbra's exalted weapon can be used to rush through anything on starchart with endless energy and prety much immortal, BUT it's just boring and my Umbra will not last long in sorties and other harder content

Valkyr is useless as her exalted weapon is weaker than Umbra and she have the lamest ability set of all warframes.

Garuda is still in foundry so no idea, but I have a feeling that she will not be one of my favourite frames

Mesa's regulators. I simply have Mesa built for totally different purposes and use her 4 only if I literally have 25 mobs in front of me. I prefer to actually use her 2 with augment and pistol stuff with Vaykor Marelok for eaxtra heal and AoE damage.

Generally speaking I don't like existing nor want any more exalted weapons.

I would like to use an exalted low RoF-high damage sniper-railgun with Banshee instead of Snooze Quake, maybe with an unique mechanic of changing Sonar's weakspot positions over time, like 2 seconds base(affected by their current position and cast speed) by aiming and sound stacks scaling on top of sniper combo ala. old Resonating Quake.

Edited by kgabor

As much as I love using something that seems to belong on Excalibur like a sword or nikana, the speed bonus on Nami Skyla Prime is like turning enemies into chopped salad. 

I enjoy it...  I do think at the very least weapons like Cobra and Crane having a small passive for a specific Warframe should exist for all Warframes that doesn't already have some sort of weapon passive. 

33 minutes ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

As much as I love using something that seems to belong on Excalibur like a sword or nikana, the speed bonus on Nami Skyla Prime is like turning enemies into chopped salad. 

I enjoy it...  I do think at the very least weapons like Cobra and Crane having a small passive for a specific Warframe should exist for all Warframes that doesn't already have some sort of weapon passive. 

I dunno, that just discourages diversity, doesn't it? If all frames have a weapon that gives only them a special benefit, then people are encouraged to use that weapon with that frame. Unless the passive isn't all that strong, in which case I don't really see the point.