Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does the community deslike Exalted Weapons?

Beatrix7hearts

4 minutes ago, (XB1)SilverSurferGuy said:

For real? I love exalted weapons! My Excalibur Umbra is a beast with the exalted blade augment. I’d go so far as to say we should have more! Imagine a samurai frame with an exalted kitana, or a brawler type frame with exalted fists. 

So Excalibur and Valkyr, more or less? Or Baruuk?

5 hours ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

I dunno, that just discourages diversity, doesn't it? If all frames have a weapon that gives only them a special benefit, then people are encouraged to use that weapon with that frame. Unless the passive isn't all that strong, in which case I don't really see the point.

Eh Cobra and Crane is very situational..  And usually to most of the community I believe see as useless. First hit puts to sleep. 

If everything wasn't so fast paced..  It may have been a fun alternative to stealth play. 

I do see where your coming from. 

To be fair there are some certain weapon/builds that really compliment specific frames however. 

TL;DR at bottom.

Excalibur is my favorite frame, and among many I know that Mesa is highly desired. For both frames, most people put the entire value behind their exalted weapons.

However, after Excalibur's rework to give him said Exalted Weapon the community viewed him as annoying. Why? The way melee functions and scaling works are in-congruent.

A lot of times, people don't use combos due to many factors. Sometimes they're slow, sometimes the weapon is too fast and doesn't register the inputs, when enemy levels are low combos don't matter, when enemy levels are high combos without forced procs or finishers will just get you killed. The channel system -- as we all know well -- is absolute garbage and very much inefficient when used in addition to an ability that stops a lot of aided energy regen. Hitting multiple enemies taking almost your entire bar at base cost, channel blocking in high level, the only time you'd want to ever do so, giving you no benefit in damage, draining ALL of your energy without the ability to modify that cost, and giving you complete frontal immunity to only melee attacks and bullets yet not explosions or other AoEs. Due to things like this most Excalibur players don't use EB's combos, block, or channel. They just spam E to do the base combo and sit behind a wall all game because that's the most effective thing to do. It's honestly boring and I do say that after playing him about 99% of the time through two accounts on different platforms.

That being said I don't "dislike" the idea of Exalted Weapons. I love the thought of pulling my glowing energy sword of complete and total annihilation out of my arm and killing anything within the range of 20 meters or so. I dislike that very often I'm denied the ability to get in the face of an enemy with a sword and use it as such without either downgrading the damage to play on lower levels or putting U. Vit, U. Fiber, U. Intensify, Hunter Adrenaline, Quick Thinking and Primed Flow to stay alive in more interactive levels without just pressing 2 every 5 seconds.

And all that is to say nothing of Mesa who to me feels honestly less interactive. The ability does all the aiming, you just move the mouse in the general ballpark. I stopped playing her after getting her to about 15 because... I just couldn't even care. I'm not even playing the game at that point, just moving my mouse randomly and pressing M1 or scrolling all the time. I don't dislike the idea, and it certainly LOOKS cool but I'm not engaged at all.

TL;DR: Exalted Weapons and their strategies are just really, really boring sometimes and don't feel quite so unique. Excalibur's 4 used to just be a skana (prime) with energy waves, Mesa's 4 is just 2 pistols with different skins, Valkyr's claws are just claws with different skins.

• Like 3

The only reasons to dislike these weapons are you are bothered to use some extra forma just for the weapon(in addition to your own warframe of course) and for melee exalted weapons it lacks the additional capacity because its exclusive stance doesn't give any of.

Edited by DroopingPuppy

15 hours ago, ShichiseitenYasha said:

TL;DR at bottom.

Excalibur is my favorite frame, and among many I know that Mesa is highly desired. For both frames, most people put the entire value behind their exalted weapons.

However, after Excalibur's rework to give him said Exalted Weapon the community viewed him as annoying. Why? The way melee functions and scaling works are in-congruent.

A lot of times, people don't use combos due to many factors. Sometimes they're slow, sometimes the weapon is too fast and doesn't register the inputs, when enemy levels are low combos don't matter, when enemy levels are high combos without forced procs or finishers will just get you killed. The channel system -- as we all know well -- is absolute garbage and very much inefficient when used in addition to an ability that stops a lot of aided energy regen. Hitting multiple enemies taking almost your entire bar at base cost, channel blocking in high level, the only time you'd want to ever do so, giving you no benefit in damage, draining ALL of your energy without the ability to modify that cost, and giving you complete frontal immunity to only melee attacks and bullets yet not explosions or other AoEs. Due to things like this most Excalibur players don't use EB's combos, block, or channel. They just spam E to do the base combo and sit behind a wall all game because that's the most effective thing to do. It's honestly boring and I do say that after playing him about 99% of the time through two accounts on different platforms.

That being said I don't "dislike" the idea of Exalted Weapons. I love the thought of pulling my glowing energy sword of complete and total annihilation out of my arm and killing anything within the range of 20 meters or so. I dislike that very often I'm denied the ability to get in the face of an enemy with a sword and use it as such without either downgrading the damage to play on lower levels or putting U. Vit, U. Fiber, U. Intensify, Hunter Adrenaline, Quick Thinking and Primed Flow to stay alive in more interactive levels without just pressing 2 every 5 seconds.

And all that is to say nothing of Mesa who to me feels honestly less interactive. The ability does all the aiming, you just move the mouse in the general ballpark. I stopped playing her after getting her to about 15 because... I just couldn't even care. I'm not even playing the game at that point, just moving my mouse randomly and pressing M1 or scrolling all the time. I don't dislike the idea, and it certainly LOOKS cool but I'm not engaged at all.

TL;DR: Exalted Weapons and their strategies are just really, really boring sometimes and don't feel quite so unique. Excalibur's 4 used to just be a skana (prime) with energy waves, Mesa's 4 is just 2 pistols with different skins, Valkyr's claws are just claws with different skins.

This guy.

He knows what he's talking about, not only is boring (and "effective") but also people totally forget about Excal kit, at least when i use him, Radial javelin kills 3 times faster than spamming waves, at least my main problem with Exalted weapons is them being absurdly broken like Exalted blade or Peacemaker, reaching a level to players totally forgetting about the entire warframe kit wich would be very helpful in most of the situations, or not being that useful and just being pretty much situationals, like Valkyr's hysteria, having a balance between being situational and also being enough useful and powerful but to not break the entire game? seems a bit hard, but i would want a balance

On 2019-01-07 at 12:07 PM, Deluxe-Chimera said:

This is the only reason why i dislike Exalted weapons, this types of Excaliburs, they are such a useless support to the team, spamming E and nothing else, at least the AoE frames know when to use the abilitys and they'll end up doing something no matter what, instead Excaliburs run around hitting walls, i'm pretty sure more exalted weapons may be good for some warframes with implemented weapons, but when they maked exalted blade... Oh god, waves everywhere and useless excaliburs no matter where i go, if DE would implement more, there should be a restriction to trigger them for a limited time and have a reason to use the other 3 abilitys, so on that way they don't make the same mistake that they did with Excalibur and his player base. (The sad thing, most of these Excalibur player are so obsessed with that thing that they even forget that there are combos, or blinded enemies take as twice damage or radial javelin kill way faster below lvl 50)

A good Excal will use plenty of slides and Radial Blinds.  Radial Javelin can wipe bad guys quickly but it falls off fast at higher levels.  

• Like 1

I dislike the concept of exalted weapon.
I don't think I've ever used one for more than 3 minutes unless I was forced to ( Bow Dargyn kills on riven because I apparently deleted all my bows one way or another... )

To me they feel more like glorified extra weapons with a niche function rather than actual abilities.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GPrime96 said:

A floatier version of Telos Boltace’s Passive.

Yeah, but it's much more than that IMO. It's a legit way to consistently get decent CC and it's just more fun IMO once you learn how to attack while enemies are in the air. I finally started wall latching just to aim better at enemies who are floating. When done properly, you can juggle enemies. Baruuk is a really fun frame if you think about him differently. I don't see him as passive at all. I stay in his 4 and play around with enemies. I'm still trying to work on my playstyle for him, but he's definitely one of the more interesting exalted melee frames. He can even one-shot Eidolon limbs with his spin attack. 

Edited by BL4CKN0ISE