Arch-wings/K-drive and Companion

Greaterios-Guardian

So I think if DE removes the mods and the modding ability form the Arch-wings/K-drive & the companions it will be good for warframe players.

Instead, they make the Arch-wings/K-drive a gear just for transportation without mods like any other gear.

For the companions, they can make one ability for each one like (vacuum ability for Carrier or shield recharge for wyrm etc..).

So that will be great cause most warframe players don't even use mods on the companions just the one that helps to farm and if they make it like I said it will be good so we can change between them a lot not like now we stick with one companion. 

I think its good idea cause you know now we have a lot of mods it makes the game unorganized.

No ?

The modding system is core or warframe and allow for more customisation. What's the point of creating more modular system like Zaw, Kitgun and Moa if you remove the modding part ?
The only thing we need is more mod to allow for full customisation, especially corrupted mods for archwings.

20 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

No ?

The modding system is core or warframe and allow for more customisation. What's the point of creating more modular system like Zaw, Kitgun and Moa if you remove the modding part ?
The only thing we need is more mod to allow for full customisation, especially corrupted mods for archwings.

Why even respond to obvious bait? Don't feed trash like this, comment on good, interesting ideas instead.

14 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Why even respond to obvious bait? Don't feed trash like this, comment on good, interesting ideas instead.

Oh hey Hugin!

Honestly it’s a legitimate question if mods should be removed from these exterior devices. While yes, it would streamline the game, it would also remove the ability for players to express themselves through customization. My guess is actually that OP isn’t trying to bait, but is rather exploring ways to try to simplify the game due to the fact they’re probably new. As a noob, everything always seems more complex than it really is. Ultimately OP’s idea is bad because it’s grounded in the noob mindset.

To @Greaterios-Guardian, I would suggest playing the game a little more and realizing how important it is that players can build their Sentinels and Archwings in a way that pleases them. Soon you will realize how valuable the ability to specialize your gear for specific situations really is.

As a last little tack-on, Lukinu_u is right, the modding System is a pretty big chunk of what Warframe is about, and removing that would make Warframe as a whole game less unique.

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Honestly it’s a legitimate question if mods should be removed from these exterior devices. While yes, it would streamline the game, it would also remove the ability for players to express themselves through customization. My guess is actually that OP isn’t trying to bait, but is rather exploring ways to try to simplify the game due to the fact they’re probably new. As a noob, everything always seems more complex than it really is. Ultimately OP’s idea is bad because it’s grounded in the noob mindset.

I mean, Archwings aren't really modded for "customization," they're modded for survivability, power, speed, et cetera. They're a secondary Warframe, with their own sets of powers; the Warframe you take into an Archwing mission doesn't matter at all, only the Archwing and its mods does.

2 minutes ago, Endrian said:

I mean, Archwings aren't really modded for "customization," they're modded for survivability, power, speed, et cetera. They're a secondary Warframe, with their own sets of powers; the Warframe you take into an Archwing mission doesn't matter at all, only the Archwing and its mods does.

Well, yeah, you’re right. I guess what I meant is that you can mod things to have high range or high strength or a combination of both. That’s what I meant by customization: building things in a way that compliments your play style.

Of course, I realize there’s always a meta on how to build things, but still allowing players the freedom to choose is a good thing