Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Certain cave lakes in Orb Vallis have impenetrable surface zones

RS219

You throw the spear and it bounces right off the surfaces and returns back to your hand. It's not that the surface of the pond is frozen, usually it'll still make a splash effect and you can still jump in and be teleported back.

Lost a Synathid because of this bug.

If the name and health bar of the fish is not displayed when aiming at it, it's protected under the impenetrable surface bug.

15 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

I can confirm this happened to me too.

It is a problem that pops up only in certain cave lakes and not in others though.

A small warning sign is areas of liquid that is brighter blue in shade, usually pooling around a coolant stalagmite/stalactite. REALLY hoping this is a bug and not a feature because it's really frustrating if a rare fish swims underneath these areas.

On a side note cave hotspots are ridiculously hard to find (and you have to travel long distances between each cave pond), can their spawn rates be increased?

Edited by RS219

I have found this bug super annoying, especially since it happens in the only cave I have ever seen a hotspot in.
And I have only ever seen one cave hotspot. and I've fished in caves for a couple hours collectively. I also hope spawns are increased

Edited by SaintSigmaX