Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New to get Plat

(PSN)Blackmamba2088

Question

I have played this for a long time. There have been times I've taken a break or I stop playing it, because we don't have any other way of getting plat. There are two ways of doing that through microtransactions via (Using PS or Xbox cards or Credit Card) then you have the trade system on Maroo's Bazaar. Which is boring, because if you grind for hours for a specific items whether it's from the relics or special missions and you don't get the items that you want or other people that are interested in then nobody wants what you got. There needs to be another way to get plat and I'm talking about a lot of it just enough that I continue to have space for more weapons and warframes. They could have us get plat through regular, hard, or special missions. All I'm trying to say is there needs to be another option or way to get plat and trying to win free plat through live stream ain't one of them no offense.

2 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Blackmamba2088 said:

I have played this for a long time. There have been times I've taken a break or I stop playing it, because we don't have any other way of getting plat. There are two ways of doing that through microtransactions via (Using PS or Xbox cards or Credit Card) then you have the trade system on Maroo's Bazaar. Which is boring, because if you grind for hours for a specific items whether it's from the relics or special missions and you don't get the items that you want or other people that are interested in then nobody wants what you got. There needs to be another way to get plat and I'm talking about a lot of it just enough that I continue to have space for more weapons and warframes. They could have us get plat through regular, hard, or special missions. All I'm trying to say is there needs to be another option or way to get plat and trying to win free plat through live stream ain't one of them no offense.

There should be a trade channel? From PC so I am not 100% sure, but if its the same interface, its the right most channel. (it should be in order of clan, alliance, region, recruit, trade)

They've gotta earn money somehow, but they're by far the best gaming company I've seen, even surpassing Jagex

"You need to be a member to do that"

But I do get what you're saying, however learning to Barter in MMO's and other Online Games is an Important skill to learn, and have. Not to mention, this is a Grinding Game, that isn't Monotonous, at least not to me, so if they added Plat to Rare Drops, it would essentially break the game because you'd either have to boost the Prices for Plat, or you'd have to drop the Prices for other Items, and that's a quick way to get a Warframe Great Depression. 

I'm a Returning Player, but it has been a really long time, however, I'm usually on with a Couple friends of mine, and how it was explained to me is the following; 

"Try  to find out what you'll be using often, and then for the rest of your slots just use Trash guns for Mastery XP" 

I know that all of those Warframes are tempting, however, in most games, not just this one, most things can be assigned to different Groups depending on the Genre, Gameplay, and so on, at its base is Attack, Defense, Heals/Magic, although with Procs being in this Lovely game there's a lot of Subsections for Attack, and also the Inclusion of one of my Personal Favorites, Stealth. If you're going for Solo's mainly, I'd go for Defense or Attack, so if you're in a Situation where you'd normally get stuck it's either Brawn or Buff, and from what i've heard some are Neigh Indestructible if done right. However, if you're in a Squad like me, you need to think about what the Party needs, what you're good at, and what your Party already has, as well as how often you'll be in that Squad. 

Usually, in games, I tend to either play Stealth, Tank, or Support/Healer depending on the Game and it's System, but one of my Friends already has a good Healer, part of how i've gotten so far in such a Short time, however Spy missions are the Bane of their Exstiances, but it's something I personally love. This is why I'm personally going for Loki and Rhino [ I started with Volt], and if you use your Starting Plat like I did, you can buy another Warframe Slot, and a couple more Weapon Slots, and now I have 6 leftover incase I need to buy a Mod or something. 

Warframe is a Great game, I love it, even Fortuna and it's Lag, but it's a Grinding Game and if you don't like Grinding Games you're more than likely not going to enjoy your time here. Personally, it's a good Buffer between Projects and School BS, although it's important to not overdo it with this and Burn out, Grinding games are no tours for being easy to burn out. Have some Games on the side if you can, don't play while too overstressed at the game, and have some Background noise like a Youtube, but I think this is best played with Friends. But, Plat seems to be the Reward at the end of the Tunnel, which is why it's so hard to get, and why you need to pay for it. 

People like me, will spend literal hours Grinding on this game, and there NEEDS to be a Reward for that for people to do it, and the more you Grind the less and less a Sense of Accomplishment will suffice, this is why people Grind Relics, why items are Chanced in those very relics, why there's the Plains and the Valis, and why having different Tilesets, even if only slightly different at times, was a good move. A lot of Big Games have the Potential to have what Warframe has, to be able to live far beyond the usual Expectancy of a Multiplayer Tripple A game, however, I personally think it's a  combination of a lack of Connection to the Players, Greed, Misconceptions, and more. And while I could go on for hours talking about what other game Companies do wrong or well, I think most of us could, my point is that DE has not only Separated themselves from the Chaos going on with other Gaming Companies, but they've also Represented what a Good Grinding Game is in Warframe, but what a good Gaming Company can be. 

Growing up playing Online Games, Pay to Win has held a lot of Infamy in my Heart, as well as many others, even if You have the Money to spend on it, you'll still have to convince your Parents to spend it on the Game, and that experience can often Vary, but for most of us it's not a fun one, however I can understand why so many believe that nothing in this world is free, and while it doesn't always have a Price Tag on it, everything has a Price to pay, money or not. The people working on this, still have Bills to pay, mouths to feed, and so on. But the Difference between paying for Plat, and paying for Lootboxes/Micro Transactions/ Etc, is that here you're Supporting the Warframe Dream, the rest is often Supporting Greed. 

I hope this has helped you and any other Dear Readers, but nevertheless, have a nice day and enjoy the Grind.