Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I feel like Sentinels are gonna be phased out.

Lancars

One big issue with sentinels is they get mulched to fast if you get downed. Even with a removed weapon and such they all snap to it and blast it. Sure you can get regen for it but that won't save it much. I've had a sentinel regen after it died only for it to die again. I know there is the one for Djinn but i feel it will only go so far.

Kubrows, Kavats, and now MOA there is not gonna be much of a long term reason to use them after awhile. Fetch has lead me to feel that way as people are gonna want something that can survive a big longer and have the ability to save it. They get downed while sentinels go pop and thats that. Only way to bring back a sentinel is regen or self revive from a downed state and again you can only do so much.

Edited by Lancars

I still dislike Kavats and Kubrows and prefer sentinels over them personally. I cannot be arsed to revive them if they go down, and I also think their mod slots are really limited now that we have elemental mods for them as well. However if you play spin to win melee builds with max crit, Kavats are definitely the best option because you can keep their health maxed with constant healing while also receiving nice buffs.

I don't need extra crit, most enemies in regular missions are really damn weak anyway. I will use Kavats when I need extra resources but other than that I will stick to Carrier and Helios. I'm sure Sentinels won't die out. I have yet to try out MOAs, so I don't have any opinion on them so far.

Edited by Wyrmius_Prime

Djinn's Reawaken mod needs reduced time from 90s to 50s so that Djinn gets back into the fray quicker. Even if he's dead again pretty quickly. That's the biggest issue I've had with him on Fortuna when I get 4 reinforcement beacons going at once. Dead, revives, dead again. Have to manually loot everything on my own.

Pets go down quickly too if you're not using melee weapon constantly, and when they do go down, you have to try and save them. If you're with 4 beacons, that gets to be a lot harder for you short of using operator.

But nothing wrong with having the capability to choose what I want to use. Even if sentinels never get used again. However with the riven I have on stinger, and Djinn shooting the place up, I'd still likely use him over a kubrow/moa since he'll kill way more effectively. Just at least, both have the capability to vacuum up loot so we have freedom of choice here now. Instead of almost always choosing sentinel because vacuum, or rarely choosing to sacrifice vacuum for some benefit from pets.

This evens the playing field of options here.

sentinels are still the more revevant and less buggy companions, cant say ive had an issue with my sentinels getting blasted to bits b4, tho i mostly use carrier with no weapon equipped and for ones that are equipped (typically diriga+artax) i use a silence mod on the sentinels wpn and it rarely if ever draws aggro to itsself.

I personally dislike all non sentinel pets due to no vacuum, really cbfa running around for mods and that just makes anything but sentinels obsolete in my opinion, many can ignore that but i see it as a waste equipping anything else, if they just made vacuum an Exilus mod for your warframe that wouldnt be an issue and anyone could equip anything they liked and have zero issues and enjoy any personal preference they liked, instead we get the horribly unbalanced system we have at present.

This is exactly what I've been warning people about in relation to Vacuum and the existence of Fetch. The scale is horribly skewed towards one side now.

Before Fetch existed, you had very distinct lines between Sentinels and Companions. They should have just capitalized on the differences and make them do their roles better than to wipe the gap and leave Sentinels far behind.

Edited by Flandyrll

Sentinels have already been phased out ever since companions started having the ability to buff you so dramatically and heal you up with consistency. 

The only really useful things sentinels do are:

- a consistent Vacuum

- Ammo Case precept on Carrier

- Artax for Condition Overload melee

A Kavat will give you far more in every situation, on top of being nigh unkillable if your frame is already tanky.

Also, Fetch makes the Vacuum niche Sentinels have shrink even further. 

Edited by Autongnosis

1 minute ago, Flandyrll said:

This is exactly what I've been warning people about in relation to Vacuum and the existence of Fetch. The scale is horribly skewed towards one side now.

Before Fetch existed, you had very distinct lines between Sentinels and Companions. They should have just capitalized on the differences and make do their roles better than to wipe the gap and leave Sentinels far behind.

vacuum should have been made a warframe exilus mod to utterly remove the loot variable from companions, making any companion a personal preference with no major downside.

Edited by Methanoid

Just now, Methanoid said:

vacuum should have been made a warframe exilus mod to utterly remove the loot variable from companions, making any companion a personal preference with no major downside.

Creates the same problem with the existence of Fetch. No one would use Sentinels except for very specific precepts or to specifically avoid Companions. It doesn't help the situation except your greed.

I think I can understand the stance of Sentinels not really comparing in some aspects, but I think that the Vacuum/Fetch should be more an innate affect native to the warframes as was the intent with the Vacuum within update. The problem I think was DE restricting it from the normal distance when doing so.

17 minutes ago, Flandyrll said:

Creates the same problem with the existence of Fetch. No one would use Sentinels except for very specific precepts or to specifically avoid Companions. It doesn't help the situation except your greed.

there is no exilus mod i ever "need", they all have pretty trivial boosts/benefits, loot however is a different story, giving up an exilus mod on a warframe to pick up loot is far better than leaving that role to a limited group of companions.

Edited by Methanoid

doubt it....
have yet to find a pet that lives longer than my carrier, has better cc than my carrier, can heal me like my carrier, can (now) make enemies drop health orbs....and revives itself....and rather sticks to me than having a bad ai.
now we can argue about the kavat 60% buff...well... good thing for you if u guys need even more dmg, can't say that i have issues killing stuff 😛

Sentinels are still the objectively better option in most cases though. Pets have very clunky AI, currently Fetch is broken and stops Kavats from using other precepts, and while Sentinels are able to mod their weapons, pets don't have that luxury, essentially leaving pets with 8 mods slots while sentinels have functionally 16.

Edited by Lazures
Typo

But the catch with reviving companions is that it leaves you exposed (without using your operator) and you only get the one chance to revive them, at least Sentinels get a few tries. However there is the point of how survivability scales between pets/sentinels; pets will always be made of glass to anyone that doesn't use standard health/shield mods.

However Sentinels won't ever be "phased out" unless the utility they offer is offered elsewhere. Especially the abilities available to Carrier, Wyrm, and Dethcube are all unique enough to make them valid options.

But for the loud group of people that only care about their mobile vacuum cleaner will likely still stick to Sentinels simply because it's the "easier" option. At least unless DE decides to remove the whole stasis system entirely from pets.