Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orb Vallis survival collection is disappointing (Battacor, Ocucor, Kreska)

UNO168

Do DE actually did a QA pass on this weaps? these are toys/mastery fodder and in no way end-game viable, or DE intentionally made them S#&$ty so ppl would buy riven to compensate?

Let's start with Battacor: can't shoot anything that moves 10m away with its laughable projectile speed/accuracy (did I mention enemies are shooting at you 30m away? yes DE increased the AI shooting range and accuracy don't lie), also make it time based to launch beam instead of kill counts 

Ocucor: reload and tendrils are all gone while offering petit 40 per mag??? also the tendril did not seek out other target bcuz of its ridiculous small targeting angle (just like argonak, sounds sweet on paper, performs poorly on the field, almost like scam at this point). make it time based, increase tendril if beam connects, decrease if not...gradually.

Kreska: why is it even here? and why does it take more than 1 second to swing a ruler?

if this is the direction DE took Im not going to buy another weap by plat, PLEASE show some respect to WARFRAME.

ps. Riven is a mistake, if DE wanna make it a thing make it account-bound.

OP made the effort to give feedback and explain why he's disappointed with the weapons.

"lol" "wat" salty" sound like some lazy teenagers' attempts at trolling. Reading these forums should not put me at risk of losing IQ points. If you disagree with his opinion maybe use actual counter-arguments instead, like civilized people would?

Il y a 18 heures, Jivy a dit :

your buying weps with plat? wat

Yeah believe it or not, some people actually support the developpement of this game with money, instead of praises.

Can't comment on the weapons since haven't tested them yet, but DE has a dilemma: if they make too powerful weapons, people will complain over old good weapons falling behind. If they make too weak weapons though, this happens, players complain because new weapons are weaker than the old ones. Middle ground is not easy to achieve when they don't have public test realms.

Sounds like OP's complaints are at least somewhat valid, but I'll reserve judgement until I've formaed them to max myself, which will take a while.

3 hours ago, Robolaser said:

OP made the effort to give feedback and explain why he's disappointed with the weapons.

"lol" "wat" salty" sound like some lazy teenagers' attempts at trolling. Reading these forums should not put me at risk of losing IQ points. If you disagree with his opinion maybe use actual counter-arguments instead, like civilized people would?

Yeah believe it or not, some people actually support the developpement of this game with money, instead of praises.

i meant why buy it with plat instead of crafting it? then again i forgot its dojo only so i am dumb just my opinion tho

Dojo only and it's a research chain, so you're not going to see the Ocucor for about a week and the Battacor for about a week and a half.  I ended up caving because I was this close to the next MR level.

I honestly like the Battacor and Ocucor, but I think Uno's right that they need some buffs.  Especially since Fortuna's open world puts a spotlight on the downsides to slow projectile and short range beam weapons.  They feel better suited to the star chart, where more chokepoints and tight spaces let you take advantage of their unique mechanics.

I'm not a fan of the Kreska, but that's because I don't like the machete attack animations, rather than something specific to the weapon.  (They all have that slow windup -- Primed Fury helps, but it still feels pretty kludgy.)

On 2018-11-11 at 9:34 AM, UNO168 said:

also make it time based to launch beam instead of kill counts

Why not a hybrid system?  i.e. it takes X seconds to charge, but each kill takes X/3 seconds off the timer. 

funny enough I dig around wiki and it shows battacor burst fire is hit-scan, WHAT? the beam attack is hit scan, that burst fire is using projectile for sure.

23 hours ago, Invictus13307 said:

Why not a hybrid system?  i.e. it takes X seconds to charge, but each kill takes X/3 seconds off the timer. 

I would very much like this option as well

On 2018-11-12 at 2:44 PM, sixmille said:

I think it's a bit early to make such threads as most of us still don't have access to these weapons, so expect answers to be like "it could be your build", as none of us can try and test various scenarios and mods.

yes I started the discussion too early, my bad

On 2018-11-12 at 12:24 PM, GOOFBALL1 said:

Sounds like OP's complaints are at least somewhat valid, but I'll reserve judgement until I've formaed them to max myself, which will take a while.

I was talking about weapon characteristic (battacor and ocucor), you can test them out without forma

17 hours ago, DrBorris said:

Is it possible that maybe you just don't like the weapons? It is fine to have an opinion, but these weapons are not "poopy" by any stretch.

they sound/look cool( c'mon it's sentient tech), it is possible I don't like them, not bcuz they have low dmg but their poor weapon characteristic and feature/gimmick which are in no way end-game viable, u would waste entire mag without spawning even one tendril with ocucor OR unable to generate beam charge with battacor in high level setting. 

2 hours ago, UNO168 said:

bcuz they have low dmg but their poor weapon characteristic

1. "they have low damage" is objectively false.
    1. Battacor has a better DPS than Sybaris Prime and its extra high crit chance makes Hunter Munitions even more of a beastly mod.
    2. Ocucor tails not too far behind Synoid Gammacor on raw DPS with a passive that makes it superior at trash clear. Not everything is about killing level 150 Bombards, most of the time that Bombard is surrounded by ten trash mobs that a single target weapon will take quite a bit of time to clear up.
  2. "poor weapon characteristic" is your opinion. I personally prefer to use weapons with travel time as they "feel" better to me.

Go ahead and say "I don't like Battacor" or "I don't like Ocucor", not every weapon is for everyone, but don't say they're bad, because they're not.

1 hour ago, DrBorris said:
  1. "they have low damage" is objectively false.
    1. Battacor has a better DPS than Sybaris Prime and its extra high crit chance makes Hunter Munitions even more of a beastly mod.
    2. Ocucor tails not too far behind Synoid Gammacor on raw DPS with a passive that makes it superior at trash clear. Not everything is about killing level 150 Bombards, most of the time that Bombard is surrounded by ten trash mobs that a single target weapon will take quite a bit of time to clear up.
  2. "poor weapon characteristic" is your opinion. I personally prefer to use weapons with travel time as they "feel" better to me.

Go ahead and say "I don't like Battacor" or "I don't like Ocucor", not every weapon is for everyone, but don't say they're bad, because they're not.

did u read my whole sentence or just cherry picking out of context? I was focusing on weapon characteristic and feature, whether or not they have lower than normal dmg output is not my concern.

First, you're comparing projectile weap with hit-scan weap?! I do notice battacor have higher critical dmg than sybaris prime though

occuor have lower beam range than Synoid Gammacor, also u don't need to kill something to proc syndicate effect, ocucor need to kill something to summon tendril... within the same magazine, once u reload they're gone.

you see what I'm doing here? I'm comparing weapon handling (since you brought those weaps into discussion, I do appreciate it), whether or not they have low dmg output is not my focus here.

last, I'll be much more happier(and other people as well I believe) to discuss topics with you if you stop being disrespectful when somebody have different opinion of "top-tier weapons" in their mind. I'm glad u like projectile weaps, for a hallway shooter game? okay. for a open world game? maybe not.

ps. battacor and ocucor both have lower sustained dps(unmodded) than weapons you brought into discussion

Edited by UNO168
(unmodded)

vor 16 Stunden schrieb UNO168:

did u read my whole sentence or just cherry picking out of context? I was focusing on weapon characteristic and feature, whether or not they have lower than normal dmg output is not my concern.

First, you're comparing projectile weap with hit-scan weap?! I do notice battacor have higher critical dmg than sybaris prime though

occuor have lower beam range than Synoid Gammacor, also u don't need to kill something to proc syndicate effect, ocucor need to kill something to summon tendril... within the same magazine, once u reload they're gone.

you see what I'm doing here? I'm comparing weapon handling (since you brought those weaps into discussion, I do appreciate it), whether or not they have low dmg output is not my focus here.

last, I'll be much more happier(and other people as well I believe) to discuss topics with you if you stop being disrespectful when somebody have different opinion of "top-tier weapons" in their mind. I'm glad u like projectile weaps, for a hallway shooter game? okay. for a open world game? maybe not.

ps. battacor and ocucor both have lower sustained dps(unmodded) than weapons you brought into discussion

thats what mods are for. you cant aim with a projectile weapon? Terminal Velocity or a Riven with projectile speed is the right choice for you.

Ocucors range is too low? again, there is a mod for that. Ruinous Extension. Not enough Ammo? There is also a mod for that!

You dont have to mod for pure damage alone. Mod it so that it fits your style. Sure there are a few "must have mods", especially on critical weapons there are 4-6 slots used already. But thats another problem.

I have no problem at all using Battacor. I even use it to snipe enemies with it, simply because i know how to aim with projectile based weapons.

Not everyone "hates" projectile weapons. i love them. i think that hitscan weapons are just boring. not to mention that i love the whole corpus design, even when they are not "strong". Who cares? For 99% of the content even a modded MK1 is enough.

Edited by LazerusKI

I have to admit the battacor feels really underwhelming, and i've put 4 forma on it. I expected more from a new weapon like that, especially a sentient based one. Now, i havent tried using a riven, but no weapon should need a riven to be viable. It's not that it's BAD, just disappointing. I like it but in the same way i like each of my niche weapons, if i'm taking it to arbitrations or sorties or anything high leveled, it's because it looks pretty and i'm not gonna use it once.

The travel time of the bullets feels really awkward and it has a huge impact on accuracy, i shouldn't have to use a rifle like i use a shotgun, that's stupid.

The fire rate is limited and has to be boosted by mods if you're expecting to have average dps, which would be alright if it wasnt already lacking in projectile flight speed. Two utility mods and you've already lost big on your dps.

The alt fire isn't reliable either, it doesn't do that much more damage than the primary, and you'll find you wont bother to use it when you're already shooting fast. It's ok when ennemies are packed while not that usefull since you most likely have shred installed for fire rate and punch through, and kind of useless on big targets in term of dps too.

Overall not a really bad weapon, but i get where the "it's MR fodder" come from.

When you have 30 or so other better weapon to use instead of it, why choose it. It doesn't shine in effectiveness but it looks really good, might be why the feedbacks aren't that great. Peoples want their pretty guns to be as good as they look. At least i do. But it doesn't have the priority when it comes to using it, because it's average and even non power creep weapons do the job better. 

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Jinmori
Mistakes were made.

Il y a 4 heures, Jivy a dit :

aint it more expensive to buy a wep tho? you could spend it on slots or rivens idk

Expensive to craft - understand not buying it with plat.

The first melee weapon needs tons of rare fishing materials along with fieldrons. Many players won't be pleased with that, especially those who don't care about fishing or don't have much time to do it. 😛

1 hour ago, 000l000 said:

Expensive to craft - understand not buying it with plat.

The first melee weapon needs tons of rare fishing materials along with fieldrons. Many players won't be pleased with that, especially those who don't care about fishing or don't have much time to do it. 😛

tru i keep thinking everyone has the time but then i realise i have no life lmao