Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When DE announce Fortuna to be less grindy than PoE, I thought they meant to address the daily standing cap hahaha nope. Many lower MR players are still screwed big time.

Xerenova

I do not have more fun with Warframe because I have to wait until 7:00 tomorrow to get more standing to rank up. Instead i'm going to go play a different game that I have a good chance of becoming wrapped up in, or read a book, or anything else. Time-gating is a frustrating mechanic and poor game design. If YOU want to justify it for other people by saying you had to rank things up to get a mastery to encounter less of the same problem, realize that was your choice and you are justifying that choice to yourself vs. making a strong argument that this mechanic is fun and beneficial to a game.

Edited by AbstractFive

On 2018-11-11 at 5:17 PM, Kaiath64 said:

Well, every MMO does some kind of time gating... f2p, b2p, even suscription based games like wow or ffxiv. You can't expect that a F2P would let you farm for anything you want on day one. So i don't see your point... this isn't about evolving and improvement as you say, this whole post is just another example of the little girl saying "i want a pony and i want it now". As i said earlier, maybe marquise thyst tier for garuda is a bit excessive, but everything else is fine.

You want something? Work for it. You don't want to wait? Buy it.

most MMO's do indeed have time gating, however in MMO's there tends to be a fistful of dungeons/raids/etc that each individually have a lockout, some in the hours, some in the days, some weekly, point of them is when you lockout of 1 you move to another, whereas in warframe when you get the lockout on say Fortuna or POE, then thats you done in your entirety, unlike WOW'alike MMO's there is no more "new" content to move onto, its 1 and done for some but obviously not all of us.

Newer player will potentially have more to do but yet again older players reach their lockout and thats you done for the day, time to play something else.

Edited by Methanoid

1 hour ago, Methanoid said:

i am sure that will be of much help to new players who started a week ago.

I've said it before I'll say it again. Fortuna is not for new players. It's stupid to go there as a new player. You have so much other stuff you need to do. A new player won't obtain any new weapons or frames in Fortuna. They'll just get crafting materials for stuff they can't afford to make or can't utilize properly.

What a terrible argument. New players need to be doing the damn starchart and quests that are given to them via junctions. They build weapons from the market or from the free BPs they're given. I wouldn't go to Fortuna at all until you're mr10 at the least and have a strong understanding of the game. And even then, since you want the archwing launcher, you should do a bit of chores in POE first anyways.

New players who've been in game for less than a week, how stupid of a statement. What do you expect them to do there without a daily standing cap? Fire their mk1 bratons at high level tough enemies for 10 minutes at a time because they don't even have a Serration mod? Please.

Edited by Lordmotav

36 minutes ago, Lordmotav said:

I've said it before I'll say it again. Fortuna is not for new players. It's stupid to go there as a new player. You have so much other stuff you need to do. A new player won't obtain any new weapons or frames in Fortuna. They'll just get crafting materials for stuff they can't afford to make or can't utilize properly.

its on venus, a newb zone, for newb players and they have full access because DE wants to promote all their latest and greatest hard work, so yes, it is also for new players just like POE was.

16 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

its on venus, a newb zone, for newb players and they have full access because DE wants to promote all their latest and greatest hard work, so yes, it is also for new players just like POE was.

It's on Venus because it had to be a Corpus planet and it needed to be a solid planet to actually be open world. Can't fish or mine or adventure on the surface of a planet that's gaseous.

And they don't have full access. Your access is entirely based upon being able to complete the intro quest. If someone carries you through it then they're to blame for bringing you somewhere you're not supposed to be. And even then, your access is blocked by your mastery rank not being high enough to get anywhere via standing.

If your argument is that new players can physically get there then you're really pulling at any straw you can think of to try and get DE to encourage your laziness against ranking up your MR. Nobody in their right mind would take a brand new player friend to Fortuna. Anyone with any knowledge about this game at all knows they have to do other places first.

1 hour ago, Lordmotav said:

It's on Venus because it had to be a Corpus planet and it needed to be a solid planet to actually be open world. Can't fish or mine or adventure on the surface of a planet that's gaseous.

it didnt "need" to be anything, they could easily have slapped it on another planet/moon way way way farther down the starchart like a ramdom moon on neptune or pluto (which are corpus), but they didnt because they want people to be able to step into their new expansion to show it off after it has been advertised for so long during development.

it is counter productive for them to try and attract new players only to have their latest thing inaccessible to those new players, which is why we have POE on earth and fortuna on venus.

Edited by Methanoid

27 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

it didnt "need" to be anything, they could easily have slapped it on another planet/moon way way way farther down the starchart like a ramdom moon on neptune or pluto (which are corpus), but they didnt because they want people to be able to step into their new expansion to show it off after it has been advertised for so long during development.

it is counter productive for them to try and attract new players only to have their latest thing inaccessible to those new players, which is why we have POE on earth and fortuna on venus.

If it's so counter productive to release new content for high end players then why has wow gotten away with it for so long and been the most popular mmo since outside? How have they gotten new players constantly for so many years while keeping all the new content in zones at the old level caps?

55 minutes ago, TalonBlue said:

If you need to know why they went this route, it is really simple... DE needs your money.

/thread

That only works with Garuda. With literally everything else in the Update(most of which is customisable weapons and other stuff similar to Zaws) it's randomized, and with so many different possilbities it is quite impossible to acquire the exact Kitgun you want without waiting an unreasonably long time.

Time gating didn't prevent you from playing all the content in Warframe, you can still fish, mine, do bounty in Orb Vallis.

In the end it is those rewards that make people mad, and you people should know it is the way of f2p games.

All rewards is judged by the cost of either time, or money. You can't ask to play a free game content and without any time restrictions, that is called Unpaid Work for DE.

lets just appreciate we dont have to farm stupid   wisps 

why are they so legendarily  rare , i'd rather  hit a daily cap  and have to wait or do other activities meanwhile than   be forced to grind  all day every day  for 10-20 wisps  just so i can make 1 piece of an item  and god save me if i build one that   underperforms 

14 hours ago, Lordmotav said:

If it's so counter productive to release new content for high end players then why has wow gotten away with it for so long and been the most popular mmo since outside? How have they gotten new players constantly for so many years while keeping all the new content in zones at the old level caps?

wow is a shadow of its former self since it got dumed down after wotlk/cata, most ppl (like me at the time) only really stay there because theres still nothing better, everything is equally as lame/basic that its not worth even worth trying stuff like eso/gw2/etc.

if u read what i said properly as well i wasnt even dissing wow, i said that wow releases content but u can complete 1 dungeon/aidboss and just move to another, whereas warframe once you are timegated/locked out of the latest content you have nowhere to move on to, you are done for the day.

11 hours ago, Retepzednem said:

lets just appreciate we dont have to farm stupid   wisps 

why are they so legendarily  rare , i'd rather  hit a daily cap  and have to wait or do other activities meanwhile than   be forced to grind  all day every day  for 10-20 wisps  just so i can make 1 piece of an item  and god save me if i build one that   underperforms 

Wisps are extremely easy to find. Just go out at night and make a loop of the edges of the interior lakes. It'll take no more than 5 minutes and you'll get that many wisps.

On 2018-11-11 at 8:49 AM, pauli133 said:

That's not "screwed big time", that's "mildly inconvenienced". Low MR players have no shortage of things they should be doing.

as a MR 14 it is a pain that it will take a week to fully finish my kit gun but it is good because I need to forma some weapons For OV as it has a unique set of requirements that I don't have guns for.  plains as far as combat went, was much easier if I have to give nef anything other than 2 pounds of lead I will say that he knows how to outfit an army these corporus actually stand a semblance of a chance.  

I've figured out the gist of Fortuna grind optimization 

1. When able, run bounties to deplete the daily standing. this is seemingly the most optimal method, and grants worthwhile rewards. Recommend doing the 4th or 5th most difficult missions for best results.
  2. When your standing is capped, see the rock dude and biz, get baits and go fishing/mining. check in with ticker and see what is needed.
  3. Purchase all available debt bonds that you can afford, get any rocks or fish bits you need to get the rest. run index if credits are needed.
  4. stockpile rocks and fish for the next rotation of debt bonds. Once you get a significant number of fish bits/rocks, you should be able to stockpile enough debt bonds to max out the daily standing every time it becomes available. 
  5. In a nutshell, get as many rocks/fish and debt bonds as you can. the grind in this area is much less by virtue of the speed you can cap the daily if you have resources for donation.

On 2018-11-11 at 7:40 AM, -Icicles- said:

Resources like Gems, fishes, Eidolon Cores, debt-bonds should just ignore the daily standing limit or at least give them a separate limit cap.

Where is the down vote when you need it...

Fortuna, we all lift together.

On 2018-11-11 at 1:38 PM, Sahansral said:

So, people are complaining because they can‘t breeze through the yearly big content patch in two days?

If slapping the paltry and boring poe mission template onto a different colored terrain takes a year then my god I feel sorry for them.

Literally bored of Fortuna after a day. It's the same silly loop as poe with different textures. I didn't bother with anything on earth not even the big guys. Couldn't be bothered. The new spiders will get cucked with some operator nonsense. Yawn.

Once the wow wears off of the "openworld" you're left with a small handful of the same missions we've done ad nauseum already and a template swap with moas and kitguns.

It's shallow af. And time gating is the only way they can pad it out. If that took a year to make then ....wow. railjack gonna take forever.

4 hours ago, Methanoid said:

wow is a shadow of its former self since it got dumed down after wotlk/cata, most ppl (like me at the time) only really stay there because theres still nothing better, everything is equally as lame/basic that its not worth even worth trying stuff like eso/gw2/etc.

if u read what i said properly as well i wasnt even dissing wow, i said that wow releases content but u can complete 1 dungeon/aidboss and just move to another, whereas warframe once you are timegated/locked out of the latest content you have nowhere to move on to, you are done for the day.

I brought up wow simply because it, like Warframe, advertises all it's new content as the new hot S#&$ but a brand new player won't be able to access any of it regardless. Oh sure they physically can, in wrath and cats it was easy to get to places you weren't supposed to go. Now it's all locked behind attunement style quests but it's not impossible at all.

If you've maxed out your rep there's still plenty to do. Go fishing. Go mining. Go do your ventkids rep. Go grind out Garuda materials.

There's more to do than just your rep. Hop to it.

8 minutes ago, Lordmotav said:

If you've maxed out your rep there's still plenty to do. Go fishing. Go mining. Go do your ventkids rep. Go grind out Garuda materials.

none of those things are "warframe", they are and always have been terrible gimmicks to try and bring in the minecraft'alike crowd, I had zero interest in them in POE and now they are copy/pasted into fortuna i still have zero interest in them, they about as un space ninja as you could get.