Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When DE announce Fortuna to be less grindy than PoE, I thought they meant to address the daily standing cap hahaha nope. Many lower MR players are still screwed big time.

Xerenova

7 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

none of those things are "warframe", they are and always have been terrible gimmicks to try and bring in the minecraft'alike crowd, I had zero interest in them in POE and now they are copy/pasted into fortuna i still have zero interest in them, they about as un space ninja as you could get.

Good, you've admitted that they are things to do after your daily cap it's just that since you specifically don't like them is why the daily content has dried out for you and not because there's literally nothing left to do. Glad we straightened that out.

1 hour ago, Methanoid said:

none of those things are "warframe", they are and always have been terrible gimmicks to try and bring in the minecraft'alike crowd, I had zero interest in them in POE and now they are copy/pasted into fortuna i still have zero interest in them, they about as un space ninja as you could get.

well if YOU are not interested that settles it, they're not "warframe"

"quotes"

On the flip side...

If DE didn't have limits in place. Then the majority of the vocal minority (usually but not limited to Veteran players) would grind themselves to max rank in a day or at most 1 week, buy everything, then spend the next year crying that they have nothing to do, that the game is in a content drought, that DE is ignoring them, there is nothing to do, & etc.

The cap gives players a reason to log on, log off, & do more than literally exist for Warframe. (Such as play other games. Go outside. Live life.)

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029
Poorly worded first draft

2 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

On the flip side...

If DE didn't have limits then a large & vocal percentage of the community would grind themselves to max rank, buy everything then spend the next year crying that they have nothing to do, that the game is in a content drought, that DE is ignoring them, there is nothing to do, & etc.

The cap gives players a reason to log on, log off, & do more than literally exist for Warframe.

Vocal? Yes. Far beyond it, in fact.

Large? Not really. Not compared to everyone else in the game.

The rep grind might be the same (and honestly I don't think it's bad at all, but I understand that lower MR ranks can get a bit frustrated with the caps)

But the rest of..well, everything really, is much less grindy.

Hell, the fish baits and even the ARCANES don't even require resources to build, you just buy them and you get them, no foundry required. The economic changes are a delight.

Farming dept-bonds is the worst part of the grind. This system was designed to rather spend your resources and buy some depts back, rather than grind those tokens.

That, or someone with straight face will tell me that a 10%'ish chance for 2 bonds a bounty is FINE, when you need 20-50 of them to upgrade your level in their syndicate. This system is full blown garbo imo.

35 minutes ago, deothor said:

Farming dept-bonds is the worst part of the grind. This system was designed to rather spend your resources and buy some depts back, rather than grind those tokens.

That, or someone with straight face will tell me that a 10%'ish chance for 2 bonds a bounty is FINE, when you need 20-50 of them to upgrade your level in their syndicate. This system is full blown garbo imo.

In practice it's working fine for me. Medical debt-bounds are an exception, but all the others are easy to buy at Ticker. As long as you don't buy those 2k Oxium ones, the rest is fairly cheap. If you stick to farming them in bounties, then yes, it's awful.

1 minute ago, O2D3nTe said:

In practice it's working fine for me. Medical debt-bounds are an exception, but all the others are easy to buy at Ticker. As long as you don't buy those 2k Oxium ones, the rest is fairly cheap. If you stick to farming them in bounties, then yes, it's awful.

It's sinkhole at its finest. Very low chance for dept-bond with huge costs if you wanted to use ticker. Dirty way of reducing mats in game. Really dirty.

15 hours ago, Kemenril said:

well if YOU are not interested that settles it, they're not "warframe"

"quotes"

from warframes own webpage.

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you.

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.
Come Tenno, you must join the war.

where does fishing/mining/photographing plants, skateboarding/etc come into a co-op run and gun, hack and slash horde shooting game?  at least in other MMO's, stuff like that is considered a side-thing thats useful but not required, esp not required to advance in the main part of the game, the combat, warframe tho decide to make this side-stuff a core part of the game with no "fun" alternative and by alternative i mean the proper run and gun side of warframe.

Edited by Methanoid

2 hours ago, Methanoid said:

where does fishing/mining/photographing plants, skateboarding/etc come into a co-op run and gun, hack and slash horde shooting game?  at least in other MMO's, stuff like that is considered a side-thing thats useful but not required, esp not required to advance in the main part of the game, the combat, warframe tho decide to make this side-stuff a core part of the game with no "fun" alternative and by alternative i mean the proper run and gun side of warframe.

You must be very fun at parties.

Daily cap should be the same for everyone.  Honestly, just remove the caps from all faction grinding.  

As for those people who say, low mr players need to be doing other stuff, some of us will be starting a new on the switch who know mr is just a number and not the experience behind the controls.  Elite attitudes do not make this a community game.

Lotro is far better of a helping community I have ever seen in any game.

1 hour ago, (PS4)wulvyrn said:

Daily cap should be the same for everyone.  Honestly, just remove the caps from all faction grinding.  

As for those people who say, low mr players need to be doing other stuff, some of us will be starting a new on the switch who know mr is just a number and not the experience behind the controls.  Elite attitudes do not make this a community game.

And to (sort of) build off of this, for those who keep saying "without caps, people will grind through Fortuna in x days(x typically being between 2 and 7) and then complain about lack of content", I say to you, "So what"? If they want to grind their eyes out to get everything done, then thats their problem. It doesn't matter whether or not caps exist, people are eventually going to finish Fortuna anyways and still complain. Removing caps, however, allows people to get the stuff they want without being arbitrarily forced to sit on their A** and wait for 24 hours with nothing to do.

On 2018-11-15 at 6:39 PM, Kerberos-3 said:

And to (sort of) build off of this, for those who keep saying "without caps, people will grind through Fortuna in x days(x typically being between 2 and 7) and then complain about lack of content", I say to you, "So what"? If they want to grind their eyes out to get everything done, then thats their problem. It doesn't matter whether or not caps exist, people are eventually going to finish Fortuna anyways and still complain. Removing caps, however, allows people to get the stuff they want without being arbitrarily forced to sit on their A** and wait for 24 hours with nothing to do.

Nah, bad idea, mate. 

On 2018-11-15 at 5:39 PM, Kerberos-3 said:

Without that cap, I could've had my Solaris rep maxed in two hours. No exaggeration, that's simply how thoroughly a long-time player can obliterate resource-gated content. Having this cap in place is good, as it gives people a reason to keep coming back to the game day after day, and forces players to slow down and just enjoy the gameplay. Removing or lessening the restrictions would just encourage burnout.

On 2018-11-15 at 3:52 PM, (PS4)wulvyrn said:

Then go play that game. Low Mr players need to be grinding gear to increase their mastery. If you forget why you need to be doing that, just look at your low daily rep total. If that number bothers you, then keep getting gear. If it doesn't, then you're done. I can do all the content in this game with a basic ass Rhino and a Scindo, doesn't mean I should stop getting Mastery past level 3 and then complain about how my refusal to get that number any higher affects all sorts of QOL things in this game.

On 2018-11-15 at 5:39 PM, Kerberos-3 said:

Then they'll complain about that instead. And man will those people complain. "QQ we waited a year for Fortuna and I finished everything in a day gg DE worst content update ever more like lack of content update huehuehue". If you haven't figured out by now that things in Warframe take time, lots of real life time, then we haven't been playing the same game. Either that or you've spent a LOT of platinum on rushing things in the foundry.

God forbid higher MR players get ONE THING. The other week low MR kids in my clan we're whining about high MR players. "Oooh all they do is grind Draco (or whatever new hip place it is nowadays) 24/7 and they think theyre better than us. All you get is like 7k more rep a day than me who cares?" And now they're whining about that very thing they claimed didn't matter to them. And it's not like we're doing anything amazing or special with our higher rep. Guess what's gonna happen later tonight when I hit rank 4? Nothing. Just gonna get a blueprint for a gem. Woohoo. High octane S#&$ right here that y'all have to wait an extra day or so to experience. You poor souls.

14 hours ago, Lordmotav said:

Then go play that game. Low Mr players need to be grinding gear to increase their mastery. If you forget why you need to be doing that, just look at your low daily rep total. If that number bothers you, then keep getting gear. If it doesn't, then you're done. I can do all the content in this game with a basic ass Rhino and a Scindo, doesn't mean I should stop getting Mastery past level 3 and then complain about how my refusal to get that number any higher affects all sorts of QOL things in this game.

Then they'll complain about that instead. And man will those people complain. "QQ we waited a year for Fortuna and I finished everything in a day gg DE worst content update ever more like lack of content update huehuehue". If you haven't figured out by now that things in Warframe take time, lots of real life time, then we haven't been playing the same game. Either that or you've spent a LOT of platinum on rushing things in the foundry.

God forbid higher MR players get ONE THING. The other week low MR kids in my clan we're whining about high MR players. "Oooh all they do is grind Draco (or whatever new hip place it is nowadays) 24/7 and they think theyre better than us. All you get is like 7k more rep a day than me who cares?" And now they're whining about that very thing they claimed didn't matter to them. And it's not like we're doing anything amazing or special with our higher rep. Guess what's gonna happen later tonight when I hit rank 4? Nothing. Just gonna get a blueprint for a gem. Woohoo. High octane S#&$ right here that y'all have to wait an extra day or so to experience. You poor souls.

I'll have to remember to always think a low mr player is an idiot.  No one ever goes from Mr 20+ to Mr 1.

woth no time gates in game i would burn out months ago and deleted game. Cause i pushed game very had, took mr 20 for like 2 month only and thats only cause time gates. Without time gates i would do everything in 1 month and then just left game. 

What a stupid idea - to ask remove timegate things...