General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Rhino Iron Skin deactivated on K-Drive/Archwing

TaintedDemonwolf

It is really frustrating when I jump on a K-Drive or use an Archwing to move around PoE or Vallis, my Iron Skin is removed from my Rhino main.

I understand it not being applied while I am in those states, but when I come out of them back onto my feet, the Iron Skin is gone.

Please change this so that we can have our Iron Skin persist through vehicle usage.

Edited by TaintedDemonwolf

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-11-12 at 2:11 AM, TaintedDemonwolf said:

It is really frustrating when I jump on a K-Drive or use an Archwing to move around PoE or Vallis, my Iron Skin is removed from my Rhino main.

I understand it not being applied while I am in those states, but when I come out of them back onto my feet, the Iron Skin is gone.

Please change this so that we can have our Iron Skin persist through vehicle usage.

I agree 200% - it totally sux when you dismount in the middle of a fire fight only to be obliterated because of no iron skin.  Turns rhino from a tank to a marshmallow!!  Not to mention that you're forever popping iron skin because the game is so fast paced and the landscape is so spread out that you NEED to use these vehicles to get around.  I could of course just run around on foot to keep my iron skin but i think the rest of the squad might get a bit pissed at me not keeping up.

On 2018-11-27 at 1:21 PM, Paegan said:

From what I've seen that seems to be deliberate with all abilities being deactivated when the K-Drive is activated. It was the same with the ArcWing so I suppose they saw no reason to change that function.

I totally understand abilities like Ember's WOF and other channelled abilities. Or things like Limbo's Rift that affects the larger world in a complicated way.
There are offensive abilities that remain active; Saryn's spores, Oberon's Hallowed Ground or Nidus's Ravenous are not removed. Frost's bubble or Gara's wall don't disappear either.
However, Rhino's Skin is somewhat unique in that it is an untimed, purely defensive ability that is applied directly to the Warframe and not a static location.

For the other abilities, if you move, you would have to recast anyway. If you can get an ability to move with you and stay with you as you RUN from one corner of the open world to another, a vehicle should not affect the ability. While you can look at something like Nezha's Warding Halo as a possible candidate for the same argument, it has other effects that make it offensive as well as defensive. Even so, I don't see any major reason why it shouldn't be maintained through vehicle use.

I'm not saying the ability needs to remain active WHILE using a vehicle. If using an Archwing, the health and shields are for the Archwing itself, not the frame. The K-Drive you can be knocked off of anyway so health doesn't come into play when using it.

If I cast Iron Skin midway through combat and by the end, I still have 80% of the skin left... Why do I have to sacrifice it (AND the recast energy) to move around a little faster?

Hey I totally agree with u. In fact personally i think all the "set and forget" abilities should stay active while on the k-drive to add a little more playability to using the vehicle. I've pretty much resighned myself to just working with it since most battles i run into i gain back the energy i used to recast the Iron Skin pretty quickly, it's more of an annoyance than anything.