Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion for fixing Garuda

Worlds_Best_Dad

After playing around with Garuda for a bit, I find her kit to be somewhat underwhelming and overall lacking a purpose.  When we break down frames, we generally categorize them based on their purpose, so when we think of Garuda what is her purpose?  DPS? This is where her kit fails and needs adjustment.

First, I think we all need to admit that her passive is just a terrible idea.  She only gets 100% increased dmg at the cost of all her life.  Chroma, Rhino, & Mirage all do more damage and are tankier to boot. My idea of a solution to this is to combine her passive with her 3, and make it str/dur based like harrow.  Basically, you pop her 3, based on how much life she has she receives a bonus to str and duration, which also scales with mods.  The trick is that after the buff is popped, you keep the damage increase for a set duration, and you are now free to use your 2 to regen health.  Now all of a sudden she's reasonably survivable with also having her blood themed in tact.

This naturally synergizes with her 2, so you can constantly gain health back from impaling enemies.  This can further be augmented with a change to her passive which allows for temporary "over health" where she can leech or drain health with her 2, that will stack on top of her normal health pool but slowly degen back to her normal cap.  This gives her a ton of flavor and more of a vampire frame where you get rewarded for using leech mechanics in the game, and it synergizes with her kit.

Going with a leech theme, her 1 just needs a slight change where a % of the damage dealt to it gets converted to life, which should scale with str/dur like it currently does. This would obviously synergize with an "over health" mechanic, and give her a bit of a buffer to pop her health for dmg.

Her 4, honestly is just weak.  With a buff to her damage through the proposed changes I've mentioned it might be better?  The skill itself is fine, it just needs numbers buffs.  Also, I'd like to see marked enemies have a life drain effect similar to her 2, just on a larger scale albeit with weaker health returns.

The overall idea I'm going with is you make a frame that's built on leech and health, and then use that health to funnel into a dmg buff, and the whole cycle repeats itself.  In turn she should have a very high damage buff because it comes at the cost of life, but the more life you have the greater the buff...  you know, the blood empowers her... literally.

5 hours ago, Be_Gentle_Onii_Chan said:

My idea of a solution to this is to combine her passive with her 3, and make it str/dur based like harrow.  Basically, you pop her 3, based on how much life she has she receives a bonus to str and duration, which also scales with mods.  The trick is that after the buff is popped, you keep the damage increase for a set duration, and you are now free to use your 2 to regen health

I like this idea of yours, but I do not see a suggestion of what the now missing passive would be replaced with.

5 hours ago, Be_Gentle_Onii_Chan said:

Her 4, honestly is just weak.  With a buff to her damage through the proposed changes I've mentioned it might be better?  The skill itself is fine, it just needs numbers buffs.

I will disagree with you here. I am pretty sure it is meant to be a debuff skill that happens to deal damage.