Jump to content

Sentinel weapons shouldn't require separate weapon mods.


--PV--Arc
 Share

Recommended Posts

The Endo grind is already hard in the game. With new mods getting added including primed mods being added all the time as well , sentinels requiring separate mods is such an annoying fact. This shouldn't continue on like this.

 

Sentinels and Pets are coming closer everyday in terms of balance with the addtion of Fetch and good mods. Don't let sentinels get the short end of stick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Arc2199 said:

The Endo grind is already hard in the game. With new mods getting added including primed mods being added all the time as well , sentinels requiring separate mods is such an annoying fact. This shouldn't continue on like this.

 

Sentinels and Pets are coming closer everyday in terms of balance with the addtion of Fetch and good mods. Don't let sentinels get the short end of stick.

Think  it's fine as is.   Just use a rifle on the sentinel when your frame uses a shotgun.  And when the frame has a rifle, put a shotgun on the sentinel.   Or if you want the melee weapon sentinel, guess you need to grind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, (XB1)Dank Lord said:

The Endo cost on almost all sentinel mods is cheap. There’s no need for this. Just because pets become more relevant doesn’t mean sentinels need a buff. 

I think TC meant the Sentinel's weapon.. they are using the same mod as the weapon mod, so if you equip it on a sentinel weapon, it's unavailable to your weapons.

so if you want to mod Sentinel fully, you'll need to own and fully level your weapon mod twice...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, (PS4)calvin_0 said:

I think TC meant the Sentinel's weapon.. they are using the same mod as the weapon mod, so if you equip it on a sentinel weapon, it's unavailable to your weapons.

so if you want to mod Sentinel fully, you'll need to own and fully level your weapon mod twice...

YES ! EXACTLY !

This is extremely frustrating and needs to be changed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, _Vortus_ said:

Think  it's fine as is.   Just use a rifle on the sentinel when your frame uses a shotgun.  And when the frame has a rifle, put a shotgun on the sentinel.   Or if you want the melee weapon sentinel, guess you need to grind.

That's not what you call fun. That's a chore. I don't keep swapping mods on my pets. Why should I have to keep swapping on my sentinel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Arc2199 said:

That's not what you call fun. That's a chore. I don't keep swapping mods on my pets. Why should I have to keep swapping on my sentinel.

But you farmed a different set of mods for your beasts.

Do what most players have done, get yourself mods for the robotics.

If you can't level a 2'nd set of primed mods for the robotics, let them used non primed mods.

If you don't even have 1 set of primed mods, well you havn't scratched the surface of the game, and the mods will be the least of your grinding issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Case:

I want to put Primed Fury on Deconstructor, as well as on my Melee Weapon

Primed Fury can only be acquired from the Login Rewards once, and is Not Tradable (save for a few copies that were traded before DE Fixed It)

Sadness

THIS ^^^^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, trndr said:

But you farmed a different set of mods for your beasts. 

Do what most players have done, get yourself mods for the robotics. 

If you can't level a 2'nd set of primed mods for the robotics, let them used non primed mods. 

If you don't even have 1 set of primed mods, well you havn't scratched the surface of the game, and the mods will be the least of your grinding issues.

Better to just make weapon mods available for Sentinel Weapons. It's not like they're OP anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Case:

I want to put Primed Fury on Deconstructor, as well as on my Melee Weapon

Primed Fury can only be acquired from the Login Rewards once, and is Not Tradable (save for a few copies that were traded before DE Fixed It)

Sadness

So you make a choice. Put the one mod you have, on the one weapon you want to put it on. Problem solved. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

So you make a choice. Put the one mod you have, on the one weapon you want to put it on. Problem solved.  

So not deal with the problem and continue on in an unideal state.

That isn't why this thread was made.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Arc2199 said:

So not deal with the problem and continue on in an unideal state.

That isn't why this thread was made.

Wait.... You actually think that this is a problem? You think that having to make choices of how to use your limited resources to fulfil your unlimited wants, should be viewed as a negative? 

See that's an issue we're going to have in the discussion, because I really don't. I see the point you're raising as a non-issue. If I want to use the mod on my sentinels I do. If I have multiples, I can level them as required to meet my needs. I have multiples of many mods stacked at different levels, because there are builds where a partially filled mod will meet my requirements better than if I only have one fully ranked version. 

And no before you ask, I'm a relative newcomer to the game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Wait.... You actually think that this is a problem? You think that having to make choices of how to use your limited resources to fulfil your unlimited wants, should be viewed as a negative? 

See that's an issue we're going to have in the discussion, because I really don't. I see the point you're raising as a non-issue. If I want to use the mod on my sentinels I do. If I have multiples, I can level them as required to meet my needs. I have multiples of many mods stacked at different levels, because there are builds where a partially filled mod will meet my requirements better than if I only have one fully ranked version. 

And no before you ask, I'm a relative newcomer to the game. 

I don't care about how old or new you are. I really don't. This is a problem. Kavats and Kubrows don't require you to specifically invest endo into their 'weapons'. Simply 8 mods and they're done. While Sentinels need you to invest endo into them as well as their weapons. Plus the fact that they use Normal weapon mods which have HUGE endo requirements unlike kavat or kubrow attack mods.

 

You may have no life apart from warframe. You can be able to play everyday 24/7 and farm endo to rank up all the mods to different ranks but others don't have that luxury. What isn't a problem to you may be a huge problem for other people.

So please. If you aren't affect by this problem don't bother to comment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, (XB1)Dank Lord said:

I would much rather them fix terrible game modes and bugs than deal with your 1st world problems of having to have 2 of the same mod(oh the humanity.). 

Literally nothing else in this game locks you out from using your mods which you have painstackingly maxed. Why should this archaic mechanic be left as is then? Isn't the whole point of these forums to create a better game?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Arc2199 said:

I don't care about how old or new you are. I really don't. This is a problem. Kavats and Kubrows don't require you to specifically invest endo into their 'weapons'. Simply 8 mods and they're done. While Sentinels need you to invest endo into them as well as their weapons. Plus the fact that they use Normal weapon mods which have HUGE endo requirements unlike kavat or kubrow attack mods.

 

You may have no life apart from warframe. You can be able to play everyday 24/7 and farm endo to rank up all the mods to different ranks but others don't have that luxury. What isn't a problem to you may be a huge problem for other people.

So please. If you aren't affect by this problem don't bother to comment.

Sentinels and Kavats have a difference you seem to be ignoring.  Sentinel weapons are separate from the Sentinel.  They can be put on whatever Sentinel you choose.   Or just don't use a weapon at all on the Sentinel.  Karat attacks are part of the Kavats powers/abilities.   Kavats, Kubros and the Sentinel's "body" are more related to Warframes.  While a Sentinels weapon is related to the normal primary, secondary and melee weapons.   If DE were to allow/add Kavats and Kubros to carry additional weapons like back mounted cannon turrets or let us strap laser beams to their heads those weapons would need to share mods with the appropriate weapon class. 

I showed you a quick simple solution if you lack the time to grind multiple sets.   Then again, if you lack time, why are you min maxxing?

tldr version

Warframes share their mods among each other.

Kubrows share their mods among each other.

Kavats share their mods among each other.

Sentinels share their mods among each other.

Primaries share mods among each other.

Secondary weapons share mods among each other.

Melee weapons share mods among each other.

Sentinel weapons share mods with their corresponding weapon class as they are that type of weapon.

If you lack time, compromise and play on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Case:

I want to put Primed Fury on Deconstructor, as well as on my Melee Weapon

Primed Fury can only be acquired from the Login Rewards once, and is Not Tradable (save for a few copies that were traded before DE Fixed It)

Sadness

 

4 hours ago, Arc2199 said:

THIS ^^^^

Not sure, with the changes to log in you might eventually acquire an extra Primed Fury.  Though if unwilling to make extra mods as it is, not sure about the feasibility of upgrading an additional Primed for the OP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Arc2199 said:

I don't care about how old or new you are. I really don't. This is a problem. Kavats and Kubrows don't require you to specifically invest endo into their 'weapons'. Simply 8 mods and they're done. While Sentinels need you to invest endo into them as well as their weapons. Plus the fact that they use Normal weapon mods which have HUGE endo requirements unlike kavat or kubrow attack mods.

 

You may have no life apart from warframe. You can be able to play everyday 24/7 and farm endo to rank up all the mods to different ranks but others don't have that luxury. What isn't a problem to you may be a huge problem for other people.

So please. If you aren't affect by this problem don't bother to comment.

And my Kubrows and Kavats (plural in each case) can't do all the things that the sentinels do for me. (I like not having to bother to scan things and fill my codex.) So it makes sense that I should have mods for them the way I do for the pets. 

And I am very pleased with the effects of the sentinel weapons that I have invested Forma into. They do help me out quite a lot, even compared to the Kubrows attacks. 

That "huge" endo requirement really isn't huge except for upper levels of the primed and Umbral mods. 20-21k endo for something like serration with 10 ranks. And you don't need to try and fill it all at once. Now compare that to the regular pressure point. 

 

And yeah I might have no life, but realistically that would be a really silly thing to assume. We all have lives outside of the game, so that's really a very desperate attack on me probably because you can't counter what I said any other way. Yes people who play more get further faster. So do people who play smarter. So do people who are just better.

In your case I'd hope I'm not better than you as a player, because I figure I'm barely average in most content. That may be Dunning-Kruger at play but I doubt it. So that could mean that you're just plain bad. Far better to think that I'm just playing smarter, right? 

 

And as I said before... This is not a problem. While I respect your right to express your concern, I also have every right to tell you what I think about what you have said. So I'm doing it, and pretty respectfully right now. Isn't it better than me telling you to "git gud" and ridiculing your position instead? 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, _Vortus_ said:

Sentinels and Kavats have a difference you seem to be ignoring.  Sentinel weapons are separate from the Sentinel.  They can be put on whatever Sentinel you choose.   Or just don't use a weapon at all on the Sentinel.  Karat attacks are part of the Kavats powers/abilities.   Kavats, Kubros and the Sentinel's "body" are more related to Warframes.  While a Sentinels weapon is related to the normal primary, secondary and melee weapons.   If DE were to allow/add Kavats and Kubros to carry additional weapons like back mounted cannon turrets or let us strap laser beams to their heads those weapons would need to share mods with the appropriate weapon class. 

I showed you a quick simple solution if you lack the time to grind multiple sets.   Then again, if you lack time, why are you min maxxing?

tldr version

Warframes share their mods among each other.

Kubrows share their mods among each other.

Kavats share their mods among each other.

Sentinels share their mods among each other.

Primaries share mods among each other.

Secondary weapons share mods among each other.

Melee weapons share mods among each other.

Sentinel weapons share mods with their corresponding weapon class as they are that type of weapon.

If you lack time, compromise and play on.

FINE. Give Sentinels their own weapon mods. Current state is S#&$.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And my Kubrows and Kavats (plural in each case) can't do all the things that the sentinels do for me. (I like not having to bother to scan things and fill my codex.) So it makes sense that I should have mods for them the way I do for the pets. 

And I am very pleased with the effects of the sentinel weapons that I have invested Forma into. They do help me out quite a lot, even compared to the Kubrows attacks. 

That "huge" endo requirement really isn't huge except for upper levels of the primed and Umbral mods. 20-21k endo for something like serration with 10 ranks. And you don't need to try and fill it all at once. Now compare that to the regular pressure point. 

 

And yeah I might have no life, but realistically that would be a really silly thing to assume. We all have lives outside of the game, so that's really a very desperate attack on me probably because you can't counter what I said any other way. Yes people who play more get further faster. So do people who play smarter. So do people who are just better.

In your case I'd hope I'm not better than you as a player, because I figure I'm barely average in most content. That may be Dunning-Kruger at play but I doubt it. So that could mean that you're just plain bad. Far better to think that I'm just playing smarter, right? 

 

And as I said before... This is not a problem. While I respect your right to express your concern, I also have every right to tell you what I think about what you have said. So I'm doing it, and pretty respectfully right now. Isn't it better than me telling you to "git gud" and ridiculing your position instead? 

 

 

 

Nor do Sentinels do the things kavats and kubrows do. Your point?

The endo you need for a maxed out sentinel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the endo you need for a maxed out kavat/kubrow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Arc2199 said:

Nor do Sentinels do the things kavats and kubrows do. Your point?

The endo you need for a maxed out sentinel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the endo you need for a maxed out kavat/kubrow.

My point is, given the way I play the sentinel is more useful. A part of that is based on how they can be modded. Another is that for me, it's still the fastest way to reel in all the credits, endo orbs and, trash mods that have fallen which lets me shrug off the cost to upgrade my mods, while you're busy bemoaning the costs. (See what I meant about playing smarter? Or did the whooshing noises just get louder?) 

Also you could just as easily have made the claim that 2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>0. In either case, both are relatively small numbers.

You are currently arguing about mole hills being bigger than ant hills. I'm telling you quite plainly that neither is of particular significance in the grand scheme of things, and the only time either will block your view is if you refuse to raise yourself up off the ground because of the miniscule effort it would require on your part. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

My point is, given the way I play the sentinel is more useful. A part of that is based on how they can be modded. Another is that for me, it's still the fastest way to reel in all the credits, endo orbs and, trash mods that have fallen which lets me shrug off the cost to upgrade my mods, while you're busy bemoaning the costs. (See what I meant about playing smarter? Or did the whooshing noises just get louder?) 

Also you could just as easily have made the claim that 2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>0. In either case, both are relatively small numbers.

You are currently arguing about mole hills being bigger than ant hills. I'm telling you quite plainly that neither is of particular significance in the grand scheme of things, and the only time either will block your view is if you refuse to raise yourself up off the ground because of the miniscule effort it would require on your part. 

DE HAS MADE FETCH HAPPEN.

Also sentinels seem to more useful to what you do but they're hardly of any use to me now.

Your point is meaningless since now the usefulness of both is the same now.

 

Also those thousands of k worth of endo cannot be simplified to 2 > 0. More like.... HUGE AMOUNT > 0.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Arc2199 said:

 DE HAS MADE FETCH HAPPEN.

You do see the (PS4) in front of my name here, right? It's not just for fashionframe. Now, can you figure out why I would have specified "for me" and "the way they can be modded"? Or is all that distant whooshing just too distracting? 

Now I don't know about you, but I have made use of the vacuum, quite a lot since I joined. It's helped a lot. It's still helping me. Could be why I'm not acting all salty the way you seem to be. 

36 minutes ago, Arc2199 said:

Also those thousands of k worth of endo cannot be simplified to 2 > 0. More like.... HUGE AMOUNT > 0.

You've made it to Sedna right? You've done the arena and farmed, Saryn? You have farmed enough to make some plat that you can use to buy high roll junk rivens? You understand how Google search works? 

If the answer to any of those is "no", then you might have a point. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...