Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veteran Mission Rewards! What would you like to see?

Talonflight

I'm a veteran. I've been here for years. I've got all of the gear (That I personally WANTED to get; I saw no point in grinding out every weapon and frame if it wasn't one I was interested in). I did some Raids, I did some Eidolons, and I did me some Solar Rail.

My question is one about Endgame. I know this comes up often enough, but I wanted to question the veteran community.

Suppose, for a moment, that DE introduced a true Endgame mode designed specifically for us Vets, and for other people who have rediculously powerful builds like we do. 

What kind of rewards would you want to see in those modes?

Would you want cool mods? Cosmetics? Rivens? Ducats? Sigils?

I want to hear your ideas about good endgame rewards.

13 minutes ago, Talonflight said:

Would you want cool mods? Cosmetics? Rivens? Ducats? Sigils?

• Mods are cool, but you only get them once and you're done.
  • Cosmetics are nice, but you only get them once and you're done.
  • Rivens are... ya know, I'm not going to go there here.
  • Sigils are nice, but you only get them once and you're done.

The most important part of an "end-game" reward is that you are encouraged to attain it multiple times, and preferable a lot of multiples. This is where Arcanes have succeeded as an end-game reward. It takes a very, very long time to get a maxed Arcane set of the rare and legendary class, but you are still being rewarded with something tangible every time you get an Arcane. A rank 4 Energize is great, but even a rank 1 or 2 is still a great get on your builds.

And Kuva, for all the problems with the Riven system, also fit this niche. You could always use more Kuva, but every time you get Kuva it still has some theoretical use (even though it is most likely going to be spent on a broken slot machine, but this is not the place for that).

An end-game reward needs to be somewhat rewarding in the short term, but ultimately rewarding as a (very) long term goal.

So what do I want to see? Arcanes everywhere. Go ahead and slap an Arcane slot on all weapons, add different sets for different content. Give those different sets themes. Like what if Stratos Tac Alerts had an Arcane set that gave primary weapons boosts while you are in the air, stuff like that. Go all out on it.

Spoiler

Oh, and rework Rivens and Kuva farming to be an end-game progression that everyone wants to and feels rewarded for partaking in. I would keep RIvens and Kuva in separate from other end-game activities however, end-game rewards should be somewhat exclusive to the end-game content they are tied to.

17 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

An end-game reward needs to be somewhat rewarding in the short term, but ultimately rewarding as a (very) long term goal.

Like Focus? The players are wholly incapable of allowing long-term goals be actually long-term. Anything not obtainable within days is seen as DE intentionally trying to destroy their life. For all the talk of DE needing to do this or that, the players need to evaluate why they are playing a game.

I honestly don't know. The problem with introducing modes (and suitable rewards) for "Veterans" is that Warframe's entire progression system essentially prohibits it. In most other MMOs, you have this nice system where you grind to get better weapons and armor, which then gives you access to higher level missions where you can grind to get even better weapons and armor, and so on and so forth. In Warframe, you pretty much have access to everything out of the gate; the only restrictions on what you can do is determined by whether you can damage the enemies you face, and how fast you die (both of which are negated if you have higher level friends). Thus, any meaningful reward offered by an endgame activity (such as vastly more powerful weapons/mods, or even armor sets with bonuses) only contribute to more powercreep, and any non-veteran with good enough mods can do the activity anyway, so it isn't truly exclusive.

I've got two thoughts. First is for fashion, other's for gameplay.

A cosmetic type entirely based around that endgame mode - one that can be expanded should that mode be expanded but is ultimately exclusive to 'Endgame'. My thoughts on this are what I call 'Peculiar Arcanes'. Taking up their own slot as an attatchment, a Peculiar Arcane is a special aura effect that appears around your Warframe. These could be simple things like fire, ice, toxin or electic auras, or something more complex like Titania's Razorflies, perhaps Orokin structures or a void effect. Perhaps have them ranked up like regular arcanes, increasing the volume of the aura with each rank.

This next idea I've adapted from another thread. Weapon Gilders. These enable weaker weapons (maybe below MR 10-ish as a rule of thumb? Also excepting weapons like the Ignis Wraith and other things above the power curve) to receive stat boosts similar to Gilded Zaws or Kitguns, so that they reach the kind of power of some the later weapons. In a sense, instead of getting new weapons, you get the chance to bring an old weapon up to snuff. Imagine being able to take a weapon you like but that's weak into end-game content because it was made strong from your success. Stuff like the Harpak, Braton or Tonkor. DE could keep making weak weapons for new players and not disappoint older players because those weapons could be brought up to snuff with enough investment. And it wouldn't break the progression curve because you'd have to be at the end of that curve to acquire these gilders.

Non-primed versions of prime accessories is something I'd be into. Like non-primed atavist and so on.  Colour palettes too.
A universal forma would be very welcome on my aura slot. I'd pay real money to unlock a toggle in the options to let me see all boosters at once by hitting ESC instead of having to look at them 1 by 1 very slowly. Or maybe a riven locker which locks a single stat on a riven down so you can reroll the others and keep your favourite.

8 hours ago, Loza03 said:

This next idea I've adapted from another thread. Weapon Gilders. These enable weaker weapons (maybe below MR 10-ish as a rule of thumb? Also excepting weapons like the Ignis Wraith and other things above the power curve) to receive stat boosts similar to Gilded Zaws or Kitguns, so that they reach the kind of power of some the later weapons. In a sense, instead of getting new weapons, you get the chance to bring an old weapon up to snuff. Imagine being able to take a weapon you like but that's weak into end-game content because it was made strong from your success. Stuff like the Harpak, Braton or Tonkor. DE could keep making weak weapons for new players and not disappoint older players because those weapons could be brought up to snuff with enough investment. And it wouldn't break the progression curve because you'd have to be at the end of that curve to acquire these gilders.

We already have purple thingies that do just that