do we need to reforma for melee 3.0 ?

2 hours ago, Viges said:

Melee 3.0 will exactly change the basics (especially crit).

If you mod for crit there is a big chance that you will need to reforma, so...

You mean "melee 3.0 will make melee weapons useless"

don't lie to the kid.

3 hours ago, Viges said:

Melee 3.0 will exactly change the basics (especially crit).

If you mod for crit there is a big chance that you will need to reforma, so...

so far as we can confirm, melee 3.0 mostly aims at improving the gameplay quality of melee to fit with the game's ever evolving hoard shooter gameplay without directly affecting it on a statistical level too much. meaning little to no changes will come to the stats of each melee weapon besides melee range and anything to do with channeling. again, this is unconfirmed, but DE has given us little to no reason to worry thus far.

i would, however, imagine that for some channeling and range builds will need to be reformed, since melee range modifiers will be nerfed and melee channeling will receive a complete rework.

Edited by MysticDragonMage
1 hour ago, MysticDragonMage said:

so far as we can confirm, melee 3.0 mostly aims at improving the gameplay quality of melee to fit with the game's ever evolving hoard shooter gameplay without directly affecting it on a statistical level too much. meaning little to no changes will come to the stats of each melee weapon besides melee range and anything to do with channeling. again, this is unconfirmed, but DE has given us little to no reason to worry thus far.

i would, however, imagine that for some channeling and range builds will need to be reformed, since melee range modifiers will be nerfed and melee channeling will receive a complete rework.

They are completely reworking melee mechanics, how combo works, mods, channeling, weapons stats and rivens too. So yea, barely anything will change at all...

11 hours ago, (PS4)snkhuong said:

I dont want to forma my melees now just to have to do it again in melee 3.0...

11 hours ago, Kyoresh said:

forma now, Melee 3.0 is far away and wont change the basics ^^

Let's be realistic here, if they change anything except the moveset and rework the combo system to work differently, you most likely would have to reforma every single welee weapon you own, because blood rush+combo duration combination would probably become obsolete: and that is a default build for pretty much all weapons in the game. In addition to that, expect a bootload of bandaid D-polarity mods just to make the new melee system work.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo
2 hours ago, Viges said:

They are completely reworking melee mechanics, how combo works, mods, channeling, weapons stats and rivens too. So yea, barely anything will change at all...

i was referring to only stats and that there would be little to no changes to them. they have not talked about stats, crit, or damage. or at least they've mention nothing to take a serious note on.

gameplay, channeling, range, and combo multipliers are the four features we can safely confirm will recieve changes based on what was shown.

changes to base damage, crit, and status are rumors.

Edited by MysticDragonMage
vor 5 Stunden schrieb AperoBeltaTwo:

Let's be realistic here, if they change anything except the moveset and rework the combo system to work differently, you most likely would have to reforma every single welee weapon you own, because blood rush+combo duration combination would probably become obsolete: and that is a default build for pretty much all weapons in the game. In addition to that, expect a bootload of bandaid D-polarity mods just to make the new melee system work.

You make it sound like it will be a horrible thing .. I hope it won't come soon™ ×_×

vor 5 Stunden schrieb MysticDragonMage:

i was referring to only stats and that there would be little to no changes to them. they have not talked about stats, crit, or damage. or at least they've mention nothing to take a serious note on.

gameplay, channeling, range, and combo multipliers are the four features we can safely confirm will recieve changes based on what was shown.

changes to base damage, crit, and status are rumors.

If they change how combo multipliers work they'd have to touch base damage for sure and maybe even crit as well.

The big mods for melee are all still madurai polarity. Pressure point, condition overload, fury, berserker, primed fever strike (naramon there) are all not going anywhere. With stance mods and dual stat elementals you only need one or 2 madurai polarities for pressure point and primed fury.

I'm not mentioning blood rush/primed reach and I fear for those mods. However if you are putting 5 forma into a melee weapon (lookin at you paracesis) you may be over investing at this point. Even if blood rush is being nerfed to heavy attacks you still want organ shatter or maybe true steel. Those are still madurai polarity.