Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why doesn't Garuda's Talons have its own exclusive Stance?

(XBOX)WafflyLearner89

I know the talons are not exalted, but you'd think that, since she can only use these weapons, it would have a unique stance exclusive to the talons. Really hope that the reasonis that they are releasing an exclusive stance for Garuda's Talons with melee 3.0.

Also, I would prefer it if her idle stance with claws out still had her legs crisscrossed like she does in her noble animation set.

Really hope this gets addressed before she comes to console.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Ghost--00-- said:

fact that it would be cool and make her claws feel more unique

That's the point. All the exalted melee weapons have there own stance. Granted it's not exalted but the current claw stances just don't feel right when using them and this weapon can only be used by garuda. If a weapon is unique it should have unique properties other than stats and looks.

Apart from it looking like this was a last minute addition to the frame (no time to create a new stance) given how near melee 3.0 is to release I'm pretty sure DE is still on the side of no more new stances since most of it would be needing redoing by years end anywho. Just a lot of work for an extremely temporary addition. Maybe make a suggestion for it after the melee rework comes to pass? 

28 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

Apart from it looking like this was a last minute addition to the frame (no time to create a new stance) given how near melee 3.0 is to release I'm pretty sure DE is still on the side of no more new stances since most of it would be needing redoing by years end anywho. Just a lot of work for an extremely temporary addition. Maybe make a suggestion for it after the melee rework comes to pass? 

I am aware of melee 3.0 being near, but there has been no info from the devs if they are working on a stance for garuda to come with or after the release of melee 3.0. That's what worries me. 

21 minutes ago, (XB1)WafflyLearner89 said:

I am aware of melee 3.0 being near, but there has been no info from the devs if they are working on a stance for garuda to come with or after the release of melee 3.0. That's what worries me. 

Hence why I said make a suggestion after, though it's unlikely she'd get a stance unique to herself only since her melee is just an extra for flare not a special second ult. 

Requires new animations, they didn't manage to animate much more for Garuda beyond the lunge move on her 1, which ended up being quite weak, on top of being slow. Then there is the matter of melee 3.0, which any new animations pertaining to melee, would likely be devoted to.

I would like DE to inevitably focus some time toward delivering some animation to Garuda's model though, if not other frames as well. Even Revenant's 4 just copied Inaros' Sandstorm animation, and right now Garuda's model animations on her 4 have very minimal movement, which is probably one of the reasons why they have been fans of making certain moves allow minimal movement, not solely for the sake of inhibiting the player, but to also save the trouble of animating.

Edited by UrielColtan

1 hour ago, Cubewano said:

Hence why I said make a suggestion after, though it's unlikely she'd get a stance unique to herself only since her melee is just an extra for flare not a special second ult. 

I do agree it's not a second ultimate, but it still should be treated like the other exalted melee weapon. If they make a weapon that only one warframe can use, then it should have an aspect that separates it from the other weapons in the same category. If it's not going to be an ultimate like exalted blade or hysteria, then it should at least have a unique stance exclusive to garuda's talons. If they could just let us know of they have a stance for garuda in progress that should be released with or after melee 3.0 then that would be fine. If they don't give her talons a unique aspect they might as well just make it another claw weapon that any warframe can use.

I would at least like for them to still make use of garuda's noble animation assets when she has her talons out (feels out of theme for her using the recycled claw idle animation rather than some of her noble animation). Specifically have her legs still crisscross the same way as she does in her noble animation set while her claws are out. At least it then she would have a unique pose with her talons 

3 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

Requires new animations, they didn't manage to animate much more for Garuda beyond the lunge move on her 1, which ended up being quite weak, on top of being slow. Then there is the matter of melee 3.0, which any new animations pertaining to melee, would likely be devoted to.

I would like DE to inevitably focus some time toward delivering some animation to Garuda's model though, if not other frames as well. Even Revenant's 4 just copied Inaros' Sandstorm animation, and right now Garuda's model animations on her 4 have very minimal movement.

I honestly would rather they focus on animations specifically for her talons right now rather than her abilities. They are kinda the selling point for me. Then again I was one of the people who wanted her 4th to have exalted talons. 

4 minutes ago, (XB1)WafflyLearner89 said:

I honestly would rather they focus on animations specifically for her talons right now rather than her abilities. They are kinda the selling point for me. Then again I was one of the people who wanted her 4th to have exalted talons. 

I was talking about Garuda's model, which would conceptually involve everything distinct to her, from her abilities, to melee animations that only she can use. They might as well look at everything if they are going to do something as extensive as exclusive melee animations.

Edited by UrielColtan

9 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

I was talking about Garuda's model, which would conceptually involve everything distinct to her, from her abilities, to melee animations that only she can use. They might as well look at everything if they are going to do something as extensive as exclusive melee animations.

Oh. Whoops. In that case we are both on the same page. Sorry for the misunderstanding 

10 hours ago, (XB1)WafflyLearner89 said:

I do agree it's not a second ultimate, but it still should be treated like the other exalted melee weapon. If they make a weapon that only one warframe can use, then it should have an aspect that separates it from the other weapons in the same category. If it's not going to be an ultimate like exalted blade or hysteria, then it should at least have a unique stance exclusive to garuda's talons. If they could just let us know of they have a stance for garuda in progress that should be released with or after melee 3.0 then that would be fine. If they don't give her talons a unique aspect they might as well just make it another claw weapon that any warframe can use.

I would at least like for them to still make use of garuda's noble animation assets when she has her talons out (feels out of theme for her using the recycled claw idle animation rather than some of her noble animation). Specifically have her legs still crisscross the same way as she does in her noble animation set while her claws are out. At least it then she would have a unique pose with her talons 

It's not an exalted melee, it's just an extra melee weapon. Exalted melees are castable ults, and we've agreed that is not what this skill is which is why it unlikely to get the same treatment. I'm sorry if you feel DE going out of their way to add this extra little option was too little, and if you want go ahead and ask DE to turn it into a second ult if you'd like, but I'd say to expect little in return. 

9 hours ago, Cubewano said:

It's not an exalted melee, it's just an extra melee weapon. Exalted melees are castable ults, and we've agreed that is not what this skill is which is why it unlikely to get the same treatment. I'm sorry if you feel DE going out of their way to add this extra little option was too little, and if you want go ahead and ask DE to turn it into a second ult if you'd like, but I'd say to expect little in return. 

I never said I wanted a second ultimate.  I just want her talons to have unique aspects by providing a exclusive stance when melee 3.0 comes out. I don't want another exalted weapon ultimate. I just want Garuda's talons to feel less like another claw weapon and more unique since its exclusive to garuda.

Sorry if I did not make that clear. Sometimes I don't express my ideas correctly. I apologize for the misunderstanding.