Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Effects intensity bar needs a work on it

Nitro747

So, as much as a lot of people, I thought it was amazing for the devs to add an effects intensity slider. It would solve the eye-burning issues of Eidolon fights, or generally anything in this game, really. The problem is that once you lower it, it becomes nigh-impossible to actually see important things - like Warframe abilities, fisihing hotspots, mining spots, you name it.

Why are those even affected by this slider? Seriously, I just don't want to have my eyes burnt every time I fight against the Corpus or am facing the sun in my Orbiter. I just don't want to not have a seizure every time I go fight an Eidolon. These things are easily fixed by reducing the effects intensity, but at the same time doing so creates more problems than solve the old ones. And I don't really want to be changing the effects intensity slider every 3 minutes when I switch between fighting to fishing. Or I don't want to be reminded that I should have lowered the option because my eyes are being burnt in the middle of an Eidolon fight.

Just... just reduce by default the effects of obviously obnoxious visual effects added into the game. Its really, really obvious to anyone that the 2000 lasers exploding during an Eidolon fight or the cacophony of visual diarrhea of some missions like against corpus or some enemy-made visual effects is just too much to anyone with functioning eyes.

Edited by Nitro747

2 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Have you tried not setting your display brightness to the point it will hurt you at full intensity?

This non-question was a bit dull... it's kinda obvious to anyone with two functioning neurons that the answer is yes. Also, the issue here is what happens with the Effects Intensity bar.

• 4 weeks later...

I just discovered this setting while looking for ways to reduce the blinding flash of Mag's Crush with bright energy colours (seriously it comes to the point where I look away from the screen while casting Crush... and out the corner of my eye I can see how bright the flash actually is, it's that bad). Dark energy colours are not an option neither for fashion, but also makes Magnetise bubble almost invisible as well as Polarise line difficult to see.

So tried using this slider to reduce the excessively bright flash of Crush, but then noticed it affects so many other effects which look worse as a result.

Would be good to have individual effect intensity sliders for:

-warframe abilities

-weapons

-environmental objects

-enemy abilities

Or some other way of categorising so things can be tweaked separately.

7 hours ago, Sailears said:

I just discovered this setting while looking for ways to reduce the blinding flash of Mag's Crush with bright energy colours (seriously it comes to the point where I look away from the screen while casting Crush... and out the corner of my eye I can see how bright the flash actually is, it's that bad). Dark energy colours are not an option neither for fashion, but also makes Magnetise bubble almost invisible as well as Polarise line difficult to see.

So tried using this slider to reduce the excessively bright flash of Crush, but then noticed it affects so many other effects which look worse as a result.

Would be good to have individual effect intensity sliders for:

-warframe abilities

-weapons

-environmental objects

-enemy abilities

Or some other way of categorising so things can be tweaked separately.

One of the things that majorly affects the intensity bar is fashion frame. A LOT of assets simply disappear when you lower the slider. It doesn't even need to be lowered to zero, at 50 most of the fashion cool stuff disappear. As well as issues with Mag's bubble and so much else.

It's a dilemma, if we lower it too much, important things almost disappear and the game looks bland. If we put it back to normal I feel like puking. And there is no middle ground apparently.

Another issue: when you are in the Orbiter's window and the ship is facing the sun... omg that thing is blinding. Really horrifying to stay there, and brightness or effects intensity don't seem to solve the problem.