Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orb Vallis Map (High Res) - Caves, Fishing, Toroids, Mining, K-Drive Races Marked

Frame_Mastery

orb_vallis_map_v114.jpg

Update (12/11/18):

Welcome to Fortuna, console Tenno! Just a heads up that the active K-Drive races (green circles) are for PC only. Apologies! However, K-drive locations should all be the same so you can use this map to check for active locations easily.

Complete Fortuna Guide

After considerable work, I put together the "ultimate" Fortuna guide that covers (almost) all activities that you can do in Fortuna and on the Orb Vallis. Take a look and see what you think - perhaps using it in combination with this map will make your life on the Vallis a whole lot easier!

Major Update

Thanks to a weird bug that randomly occurred while I was on the Orb Vallis, I was able to confirm ALL the K-Drive locations on the map that were previously uncertain. This still isn't all K-Drive locations that exist, but it should be the majority of them and I'll continue to update the map with all 5 races that are present each day (although again, might not always be able to get around to updating this OP right away).

Update (11/15/18):

Current K-Drive locations for today are now present. Two previously uncomfirmed races are now confirmed, which suggests that the purple dots on the map have a good chance of being K-Drive races on future dates. Several confirmed Toroid caves were also added. Added best mining spot as well (removed old one, this new one is MUCH better).

Update (11/14/18):

This is technically version 5 of the map, but I'm calling it version 2.0 because I completely revamped some of the icons, drew the cave icon as a vector so I could make it bigger on map and do a bit more with it (e.g: Toroid cave icon) and made things a little easier to see overall. New additions include more confirmed K-Drive race locations AND the map will now be updated on a daily basis to reflect the latest K-Drive race locations.

Updates that still need to be made:

• Additional recommended mining spots
  • Gorgaricus Spores and Mytocardia Spores spawn locations (well, good places to farm them rather than all locations)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Original Post (Updated Key)

This map took a considerable amount of time to build (even considering the amount of help that existing community resources provided), but I finally made it. Here's a full 3000 x 3000 picture of the Orb Vallis complete with markings. The key is provided under the map if you click on it for source URL (which also makes zooming and panning easier), but here's a brief textual description for your reference:

• Fish Picture = Good fishing spot
  • Mining Picture = Best mining spot on map in our opinion
  • White Cave = Regular Cave
  • Cyan Cave = Fishing Available
  • Triangle with Cave = Toroid Cave
  • Red water = Pond
  • Yellow water = Lake
  • Green Circle = K-Drive Race (K-Drive locations that are currently active before reset. Might not be able to update here on regular basis, but will at least have it updated on site)
  • Purple Circle = K-Drive Race (K-Drive locations that are currently inactive, but can become active after reset)
  • Blue Circle = Bounties
Edited by Frame_Mastery
  • Like 43

Can't seem to update original post to new map, but here's one with Toroid support (both caves and general enemy kill locations). Doesn't include all Toroid spawns - need to do a little more research and am trusting the community to be correct on a few of the ones marked. The best one to farm by far is the one northwest of Fortuna which you can get to in 15 seconds with a proper Volt build and 20 - 25 seconds with any Warframe using Itzel Archwing. Source URL

orb_vallis_map_v2.jpg

Edited by Frame_Mastery
  • Like 4

Glad you all found it useful! I'll be continuing to update it as best as I can. The newest version will always be live on site, but will do best to post any updates here. Next thing to do will probably be testing different caves to find the best mining locations. If you have any recommendations, please share them and whether or not you were using a drop chance booster.

This is technically version 5 of the map, but I'm calling it version 2.0 because I completely revamped some of the icons, drew the cave icon as a vector so I could make it bigger on map and do a bit more with it (e.g: Toroid cave icon) and made things a little easier to see overall. New additions include more confirmed K-Drive race locations AND the map will now be updated on a daily basis to reflect the latest K-Drive race locations.

Updates that still need to be made:

• Additional recommended mining spots
  • Gorgaricus Spores and Mytocardia Spores spawn locations (well, good places to farm them rather than all locations)

Source URL: https://www.framemastery.com/orb-vallis-map/

EDIT: Seem to finally be able to edit the original post so included this update there. Will keep it updated as best as I can if it lets me continue to do so.

orb_vallis_map_v5.jpg

Edited by Frame_Mastery
  • Like 2

Updated the original post with K-Drive race locations for today and a few new Toroid cave locations. Please let me know if you find any caves with Toroids that aren't marked or any K-Drive race locations I don't have on the map. Also feel free to share your favorite mining spots so I can check them out in future - thanks!

• Like 2

Added new best mining spot next to Transit Depot. It's far better than any other spot I've used before - Thanks to /u/iv2b for suggesting the spot. I suspect it might be the best spot in all of the Orb Vallis for mining, so check it out for yourself and provide your thoughts. Make sure you remember you can use your mini-map to find veins.

Thanks to a weird bug that randomly occurred while I was on the Orb Vallis, I was able to confirm ALL the K-Drive locations on the map that were previously uncertain. This still isn't all K-Drive locations that exist, but it should be the majority of them and I'll continue to update the map with all 5 races that are present each day (although again, might not always be able to get around to updating this OP right away).

1 minute ago, Frame_Mastery said:

Thank you Tri - Will have a look for it as soon as reset occurs or if am fortunate enough to get that bug again. That would make 21 / 22 so only 1 last one missing.

I noticed that if you enter a public match, and then leave the squad you will be able to do all races. But u cant see them on the minimap, only active ones have icon. It works for me when im not the host.