Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Mining Mechanics

Wyrd_Oh

As someone who uses a controller and has a condition that makes fine, precise movements often incredibly difficult and tiring;

Thank you DE ♥️

The old system meant swapping to the mouse any time I found a node and even then, I rarely got the 5 star rating. This system is fair to both control schemes and makes the process of mining much less fiddly.

Console players had to endure that God awful 'connect the dots' system as well. it's hard enough getting a decent trace on a levelled urface because the cursor just goes in any direction it feels like instead of in the one you want it to, on uneven surfaces like the sides of rocks near water are nearly impossible to cut. From what ive seen in videos this new system seems to have fixed that.

Now I hope they update hacking, specially grineer

1 minute ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Console players had to endure that God awful 'connect the dots' system as well. it's hard enough getting a decent trace on a levelled urface because the cursor just goes in any direction it feels like instead of in the one you want it to, on uneven surfaces like the sides of rocks near water are nearly impossible to cut. From what ive seen in videos this new system seems to have fixed that.

I love Grineer hacking. I can single cycle most of the time.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

From what ive seen in videos this new system seems to have fixed that.

It has, 100%. You find the nodes (which show on the minimap with an actual elevation indicator too!), point at the "hotspot", pull the trigger and let go when the bar hits the sweet spot.

As for the hacking, honestly I find that easier on controller, there's a "timing" to hitting the spacebar to do it (at least on my keyboard) that I'm always a little bit late on.

32 minutes ago, Parzii said:

I love Grineer hacking. I can single cycle most of the time.

29 minutes ago, Wyrd_Oh said:

As for the hacking, honestly I find that easier on controller, there's a "timing" to hitting the spacebar to do it (at least on my keyboard) that I'm always a little bit late on

I love hacking, seeing spy in sorties is a joy for me,  but what I meant was that hacking, specially grineer is too dependant on the hosts connection, so if theres any latency you're gonna be messing up a lot

54 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

I love hacking, seeing spy in sorties is a joy for me,  but what I meant was that hacking, specially grineer is too dependant on the hosts connection, so if theres any latency you're gonna be messing up a lot

I believe that hacking is client-side. You just report the result to host/server after the hack.

Have never lagged during a hack sequence. If the host is laggy AF, you just have problems actually starting the hack.

Edited by wtflag

1 hour ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Cipher

(well, you still going to suffer on sorties but oh well, it's just once per day).

and yeah, new mining is a lot better than butt drawing on the rocks but still very far from ideal. At least now I will actually attempt to mine gems for 5 minutes or so before buying them off market.

Edited by rsod25

6 hours ago, Wyrd_Oh said:

As someone who uses a controller and has a condition that makes fine, precise movements often incredibly difficult and tiring;

Thank you DE ♥️

The old system meant swapping to the mouse any time I found a node and even then, I rarely got the 5 star rating. This system is fair to both control schemes and makes the process of mining much less fiddly.

I have Dyspraxia and have to agree 😄