Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New to Mirage

CAUTION_i_TRY

Question

So I was fooling around on Lith with Mirage and the Phantasma (think I spelled it right). 

I had this brilliant idea to through my ult down on top of the objective while standing on it, so it would just stay in one place. As soon as I casted it, the game ended and said the objective was destroyed.

Here's the question: Did I accidentally destroy the objective and ruin 3 new player's experiences? Or did something else happen?

2 answers to this question

Just tested it myself. It doesn't deal any damage to the defence target. It'll either bounce right off or will spawn slightly inside, hit the floor and bounce off the floor and exit the defence target.

I suspect what happened is ti either died at that moment anyway or you got radiation procced. Getting rad procced isn't easy as it can be used to grief (such as killing team mates or destroying things that need to be kept alive) but i think there are still ways to rad proc yourself with the phantasma, so that could be what happened.

3 hours ago, CAUTION_i_TRY said:

Mirage and the Phantasma

Hall of Mirrors has (long had and I believe still does have) the "feature" that projectiles fired by your illusions
may turn hostile (only to Mirage IIRC) if the duration on HoM runs out while those projectiles are in the air.

This is mostly an issue for normally-non-self-damage AoE weapons (like the seeking projectiles part of Phantasma),
and weapons that have Radiation damage can even proc Radiation on you that way (which is otherwise prevented by the game).