Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does Vauban's Tesla still have a duration?

ToolboxMotley

Seriously, it'd go so far towards making his niche actually work if they had it limited only by number of shocks. It still wouldn't give him the raw destructive power many other frames possess, but building up defenses would actually be viable. As would piling them on an ally or companion for protection.

32 minutes ago, ToolboxMotley said:

Seriously, it'd go so far towards making his niche actually work if they had it limited only by number of shocks. It still wouldn't give him the raw destructive power many other frames possess, but building up defenses would actually be viable. As would piling them on an ally or companion for protection.

I finally got around to building Vauban prime this last week, and no bs I had the same exact thought while spending a good amount of time with him.  It's ammo based ...and it's also duration based.  If you want the better version of it you have to charge it up first taking lots of time to build up any decent CC or area denial especially for the damage amount provided, plus the increased energy cost.  Unfortunately it came off as extremely unwieldy to me.

He...is a relic that they tried to spice up twice and both times it didnt work. 

They gave him the grenade wheel and augments without realising both additions were utterly redundant or impractical

Then they gave him a charged telsa that...is illogical. Vauban is a standing testament to them not knowing how to fix him without utterly scrapping him and rebuilding his skills. 

2 skill sets are useless and the other 2 do the exact same with differently

A net or a vacuum ball both are CC that sets up easy kills and thats all hes known for. 

His net augment adds CC to his...CC...and his Vortex augment just allows him to keep up perpetual CC for beans. 

He is not designed well.

17 hours ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Then they gave him a charged telsa that...is illogical. Vauban is a standing testament to them not knowing how to fix him without utterly scrapping him and rebuilding his skills. 

The new passive is "okay".  Not as super sweet as I had hoped, but when your batting a .168 like the previous passive anything else by comparison is good.  However the Tesla changes are absolutely terrible I agree.  It makes me question what they'll do in the future, because it feels like they're out of touch with the way the community plays this game every time they do something to him.

17 hours ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

He...is a relic that they tried to spice up twice and both times it didnt work. 

They gave him the grenade wheel and augments without realising both additions were utterly redundant or impractical

2 skill sets are useless and the other 2 do the exact same with differently

A net or a vacuum ball both are CC that sets up easy kills and thats all hes known for. 

His net augment adds CC to his...CC...and his Vortex augment just allows him to keep up perpetual CC for beans. 

He is not designed well.

Preach.

And it makes it difficult because you try explaining all this to people and it either goes in one ear and out the other cause they don't like change.  Or they don't see the problem of being a "CC Master" in the current state of the game.  A game mind you that features 35+ Warframes with at least one CC move or more and loads of durability and utility that Vauban doesn't offer.  And for the cherry on top? It doesn't really require CC for most of the levels the current version of the game is balanced around.  We're a long ways away from 2013/2014 and struggling to kill a level 50-60 heavy gunner with a NQ Soma.

I had hope for Arbitrations and ESO, but that's just more durability/kill'em all quicker than you need CC land.  I was pretty sad when I saw the Arbitration bot come around and emptied my Bastille for me 😕

Edited by (PS4)ZeroSection

1 hour ago, (PS4)ZeroSection said:

I had hope for Arbitrations and ESO, but that's just more durability/kill'em all quicker than you need CC land.

Indeed Arbitration pushed the Survival Tank + Dps stance much harder than tactical stance. 

And Bots just bring porto nullifiers didnt help.

18 hours ago, Bombarder0 said:

I made a vauban rework suggestion,People told me it didn't needed changes and then tell me to stop posting crap

lol

It seemed people weren't saying he didn't need one. They just disagreed with your idea of a rework. 

On 2018-11-12 at 1:46 AM, ToolboxMotley said:

Seriously, it'd go so far towards making his niche actually work if they had it limited only by number of shocks. 

I'd like them to make it 100% status chance and limit how many you can drop.