Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban 9.8 Changes: Suggestions

Cradicias

So, I already posted this in the official thread, but, since that one is -swarmed- with people saying the same thing ("Well, never using Vauban again." or "CHANGE IT BACK, RAR!"), I figure I'd post the ideas I had here so they don't get lost in that mountain of posts. 

"While I was quite happy with most of the Warframe changes, I was a bit disappointed that Vauban caught the butt end of the Nerf hammer. I kinda expected the Vortex change (and thank goodness for it), but the Bastille change caught me by surprise. Considering Vauban's relatively low damage output, his Bastille really made him setup as the perfect support character. People may argue that Teslas are OP, but, they only fire once every 3 seconds, and on high level missions, that slow fire rate is -killer-.

Well, while I'm not happy about it, I won't try to contest it needs to be changed back. If the Devs feel it's overpowered, gotta live with it. However, I can recommend some changes that might make Vauban more flexible and fun.

First off, Vortex. Personally? I think it needs a damage buff. But, barring that, why not get creative? It's a void that sucks in enemies, why not enemy fire? Give Vortex a miniature Bullet Attractor effect that draws in projectiles. Does it need to add damage to the enemies in the Vortex? It'd be nice, but, not neccessary. After all, we're going for a support role. Stopping enemy fire from hitting your buddies near the Vortex (or saving that nearly dead pod), that's what it's all about.

Next, Bounce. Let's face it, when they nerfed how much it actually bounced targets, it became a novelty tool to troll your buddies or goof around with easy enemies. In my opinion, Bounce needs a boost in how much it actually propels players to give it that Super Jump level of bounce, give it some actual utility. Keep the bounce level for enemies low, that's fine, just make it useful to players again.

Finally, Tesla. Yes, I feel even this power could use a tweak. The damage is fine as is, the problem is how fast it fires and how many targets it actually hits. If I were to have my say? I'd turn Tesla into an AoE pulse every 3 seconds. Give it a shorter range, make it cost more energy and you'll turn that sucker into a beautiful area denial.

So, those are my thoughts, hope it helps."

What are your guys' thoughts? If you like my ideas, give me an upvote, let the Devs see that you want some changes.

+200 for the Damage buff to vortex, it needs to kill at least level 50 infested, really.

The tesla idea is nice too, its current state really not useful at all against armored or high level enemies, even corpus. But it would be hihgly unusual to make a 1st power cost more than 25 energy.

Mabye we could make bounce like a mine that emits a shockwave when enemies step on it, dealing light AoE with a heavy ragdoll effect, that deals more damage for enemies impacting on hard materials/edges. For players it would have the same super jump effect as before, but with three uses if a player steps on it. But I would also be completely happy with just a bit more utility.

I completely agree with bounce being in desperate need of a rework, but I rather like Tesla as it is right now. The fire rate defiantly needs looking at, for higher levels, but I I enjoy being able to use Tesla offensively, as well as defensively.

In fact I'm really hoping DE will increase the distance we can throw the grenade, so that Tesla can be thrown into a pack of enemies from a greater, and safer, distance.

Edited by JerryMouse13

Well, think of it this way, JerryMouse. If Tesla was turned into an AoE, you could chuck it into a swarm of enemies, and hit them all with a pulse every 3 seconds. With a higher cost, it'd make it more balanced and you'd get more bang for your buck.

Edit: Or alternatively, lower the damage and keep the cost the same. That way the Aoe Damage/Stun seems more fair.

Edited by Cradicias

I think a good change for vortex would be that the more matter, enemies, ammo, mods, that get sucked into the vortex increases its damage. The more mass the center has, the more powerful it gets. Increasing the range on the vortex would go nicely with this to give him something that can effectively control crowds, but also give him a powerful 4. I would also accept if they really increased the range of vortex, but removed the damage and reduced to cost to make it function a little more effectively to control battleflow in more open areas, not just hallways.

I can understand the Bastille changes; even with them, you can still overlap multiple casts of Bastille. A damage buff to Vortex wouldn't be bad, especially considering what its supposed to be doing, but those other abilities are a bit much. Being crushed into a singularity should hurt, or the very least? Ignore shields.

Seconding Bounce being useless for PLAYER boosting, at least. It's ragdoll on enemies and frequency of use has actually been damned useful for objective defense. But for getting to high places? Forget it.