Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

EA stock price drops 40%

Shadow-Spawn

Watch the top executives still make millions in bonuses.

Business do well, executive bonus.

Business do poorly, staff pay cut.

While I'm gleeful that EA is getting their just deserves, the unfortunate reality is that the ones hurt most will be the rank and file developers.

Andrew Wilson may just have to hold off on his new yacht for a couple of months and we all know how painful that is. Far more painful than basic tier gamers waiting 3 extra weeks to play battlefield 5. (cause 8 > 3)

Edited by wtflag

1 minute ago, Marvelous_A said:

Good to know but this really has nothing to do with this forum.

I disagree - EA is a producer of "AAA" games - just like DE, but that is where the similarity ends.

One is known for its greedy monetization schemes - the other is not.

EA games and their anti-consumer practices have been discussed on this forum for quite some time, so its only natural to post this here.

18 minutes ago, wtflag said:

Watch the top executives still make millions in bonuses.

Business do well, executive bonus.

Business do poorly, staff pay cut.

This^

It is actually the policy of most important companies, not saying all since I'm sure there are some honorable mentions. Speaking of things worth mentioning is that EA brought this upon themselves, you can only scam your own customers for so long, couple it with some sjw comments AND actions from their part that were really questionable at best.

Edited by Olphalarepth

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

This should be in off topic, but it's nice to see those "sInGlEplAyEr iS dEaD" scum choke on their own words lol

Yes indeed.

Spider-man – Uncharted 4 – God Of War – Horizon Zero Dawn – Tomb Raider, etc. - they all disagree with EA saying that "Single Player games are dead".

4 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

Yes indeed.

Spider-man – Uncharted 4 – God Of War – Horizon Zero Dawn – Tomb Raider, etc. - they all disagree with EA saying that "Single Player games are dead".

Also currently best single player game:red dead redemption in fp genre
in rpg divinity original sin 2(writing was so good that it was better than thing i can not say on this forum)

We wait for that red cd projekt game that is like deus ex now,to show us if it can beat the rest.

Edited by ---Merchant---

8 minutes ago, ---Merchant--- said:

Bet my behind you said same thing about bitcoin,stay poor while i stay in AAA games market.

Your AAA games market is being regulated at an increasing speed by the governments and they are now baning and forcing game producers to remove gambling loot-boxes from their games. The majority of the revenue from companies like EA comes from those precise gambling loot-boxes.

3 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

Your AAA games market is being regulated at an increasing speed by the governments and they are now baning and forcing game producers to remove gambling loot-boxes from their games. The majority of the revenue from companies like EA comes from those precise gambling loot-boxes.

Stop wasting time, he is trying to bait you and you are falling for it. Logic and facts are wasted against who refuses the truth even when it's laid bare in plain sight for everyone. If he/she is gonna be EA shield I hope is getting paid for it

36 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

I disagree - EA is a producer of "AAA" games - just like DE, but that is where the similarity ends.

One is known for its greedy monetization schemes - the other is not.

EA games and their anti-consumer practices have been discussed on this forum for quite some time, so its only natural to post this here.

Warframe is far from a AAA game, there’s bugs and glitches everywhere the game has a crap ton of outdates things.

EA, Activision... gee, it's just like, I dunno, nickel and diming your customers, but investing as little effort as possible into your actual products, while simultaneously insulting and misrepresenting them (aided by the games media) is not very smart... or something.

Edited by WarBaby2

Just now, Loza03 said:

Sounds about right for a AAA game to be honest.

Don’t get me wrong but I love Warframe, but it’s not AAA, yeah actual AAA games have bugs and glitches, that get fixed, Fortuna is out yet PoE is still riddled with bugs along with even older content that simply never gets fixed, excuse used: “if we stop working on updates to fix everything Warframe will die,” highy unlikely, there’s been droughts and the game is still alive.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Sioks E7 said:

Don’t get me wrong but I love Warframe, but it’s not AAA, yeah actual AAA games have bugs and glitches, that get fixed, Fortuna is out yet PoE is still riddled with bugs along with even older content that simply never gets fixed, excuse used: “if we stop working on updates to fix everything Warframe will die,” highy unlikely, there’s been droughts and the game is still alive.

Because they are treating their customers right (by and large) and do actual, creative work... it's not about A count or polish, it's about the actual quality of your product as well as behaviour towards your audience. It's a very delicate balance, and some big publishers are learning that the hard way right now...

Edited by WarBaby2

Just now, (XB1)Sioks E7 said:

Mass effect Andromeda and Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric are examples of AAA games that the devs immediately abandoned after launch without proper bugfixing. I'm sure there's plenty more examples I'm forgetting too. Many of the less scrupulous AAA devs are likely to drop a game if it's too buggy.

I'm also afraid that the 'if we stop working on updates to fix stuff' argument is valid because that's what they did for the first half of this year. And the community got up in arms about a Content Drought.

Just now, (XB1)Sioks E7 said:

Warframe is far from a AAA game, there’s bugs and glitches everywhere the game has a crap ton of outdates things.

Do you actually think EA games have no bugs and glitches - Mass Effect Andromeda disagrees - not to mention their AAA Star Wars MMO - Knights Of The Old Republic - where you pay a full priced monthly subscription for a 7 year old game that has more bugs than the planet Geonosis.

What sets DE apart from EA is, that you can actually play their game for Free, if you want to. 

Plus you don't feel ripped off, if you chose to support DE by buying some Platinum - in contrast to EA.

5 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

Plus you don't feel ripped off, if you chose to support DE by buying some Platinum - in contrast to EA.

That's the thing. EA and Activision spent millions to develop new methods of monetization, while not realizing that all your really need is: A good reputation!

Edited by WarBaby2

1 minute ago, WarBaby2 said:

That's the thing. EA and Activision spent millions to develop new methods of monetization, while not realizing that all your really need is: A good reputation!

Exactly - The most precious thing DE has is its good reputation - unfortunately EA has given up trying to restore its own reputation.